Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rap-A-Lot Records

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Rap-A-Lot Records Empty
PostSubject: Rap-A-Lot Records   Rap-A-Lot Records Icon_minitimeThu 25 Mar 2010, 10:33 pm

Top 5 from Rap-A-Lot
K Rob if you are in a public place be sure to hide your erection lol

1. Geto Boys - The Resurrection - Everybody saying Willie D sucks listen to Point Of No Return

2. Scarface - Mr. Scarface Is Back
3. Geto Boys - Grip It!
4. Big Mike - Somethin' Serious
5. Odd Squad - Fadanuff Fa Eerybody - best party album

Close: Devin - Just Tryin Ta Live & The Dude, Geto Boys - Till Death Do Us Part, Face - The Diary, Do Or Die - Picture This, Yukmouth - Thugged Out

Still haven't heard a lot of the early work from Ganksta Nip, Seagram, Convicts, Big Mello...etc so can't rate them
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

Rap-A-Lot Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records   Rap-A-Lot Records Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010, 12:20 am

Top 5 (extremely difficult)

1. Geto Boys-Till Death Do Us Part
2. Scarface-The Diary
3. Mr. Scarface is Back
4. CJ Mac-True Game
5. DMG-Rigormortiz

Notables:
Picture This
Somethin Serious
The Dude
Wegonefunkwichamind
South Park Psycho
Now or Never
Back to top Go down

Rap-A-Lot Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records   Rap-A-Lot Records Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010, 10:16 am

LOL @ Red.

This is almost impossibile but i'll pick 5 different choices to keep it from being a GB and Face orgy.

1. Mr. Scarface Is Back
2. Grip It! On That Other Level
3. Something Serious
4. South Park Psycho
5. Goin Out Like A Soldier

There are just to many gems from my fav label of all time to even mention.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Rap-A-Lot Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records   Rap-A-Lot Records Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010, 10:23 am

1. Scarface-Untouchable
2. Geto Boys-Resurrection
3. The Terrorists-Terror Strikes
4. Big Mike-Somethin Serious
5. Do or Die-Picture This

Like Kev said, i could make a whole Scarface list or a whole GB list. I just went with my favorite album from my favorite artists
Back to top Go down

Rap-A-Lot Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records   Rap-A-Lot Records Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010, 10:53 am

Mr Scarface Is Back
Grip It! On That Other Level
The Diary
Somethin Serious
The Untouchable
Back to top Go down

Rap-A-Lot Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records   Rap-A-Lot Records Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010, 10:57 am

Do or Die has lost a good amount of replay value to me, anybody else feel that way?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Rap-A-Lot Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records   Rap-A-Lot Records Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010, 11:01 am

KRob86 wrote:
Do or Die has lost a good amount of replay value to me, anybody else feel that way?

LOL, obviously not me
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Rap-A-Lot Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records   Rap-A-Lot Records Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010, 5:03 pm

T. Myers wrote:
1. Scarface-Untouchable

Like Kev said, i could make a whole Scarface list or a whole GB list. I just went with my favorite album from my favorite artists

Myers your a White guy who like Terror Strikes? How do you feel about the song Blow Them Hoes UP?

1. Geto-Boys Geto Boys
2. Mr Scarface is Back
3.Bushwick Bill-Little Big Man
4. Terrorist-Terror Strikes
5. Ganksta NIP-South Park Psycho
Back to top Go down

Rap-A-Lot Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records   Rap-A-Lot Records Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010, 8:52 pm

In no order:

Scarface- Mr. Scarface Is Back
Scarface- The Untouchable
Scarface- The Diary
Geto Boys- We Can't Be Stopped
Big Mike- Somethin Serious
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Rap-A-Lot Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records   Rap-A-Lot Records Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010, 8:56 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
1. Scarface-Untouchable

Myers your a White guy who like Terror Strikes? How do you feel about the song Blow Them Hoes UP?

1. Geto-Boys Geto Boys
2. Mr Scarface is Back
3.Bushwick Bill-Little Big Man
4. Terrorist-Terror Strikes
5. Ganksta NIP-South Park Psycho

It's a dope song. Now upload A Penny For Your Thoughts for me.
Back to top Go down

Rap-A-Lot Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records   Rap-A-Lot Records Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010, 9:57 pm

Wayne and KJ other than the usual suspects what other RAL artists have you guys checked out or owned albums from?
Back to top Go down

Rap-A-Lot Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records   Rap-A-Lot Records Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010, 10:42 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Wayne and KJ other than the usual suspects what other RAL artists have you guys checked out or owned albums from?

I also own Picture This by Do or Die and Terror Strikes by The Terrorists. I almost listed the Terrorists album but I spin The Untouchable more.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Rap-A-Lot Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records   Rap-A-Lot Records Icon_minitimeSat 27 Mar 2010, 2:27 pm

Mr. Scarface is Back
Grip It! On That Other Level
The Diary
The Resurrection
The Dude
Phantom of the Rapra (underrated album)

i still have a lot to check out from this label...including the Terrorists, Do or Die, Seagram, Ganksta NIP, Willie D solo, 5th Ward Boyz, Tela, and more Z-Ro
Back to top Go down

Rap-A-Lot Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records   Rap-A-Lot Records Icon_minitimeSat 27 Mar 2010, 4:57 pm

So KJ you only own/heard two other albums from this label?..... Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down

Rap-A-Lot Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records   Rap-A-Lot Records Icon_minitimeSat 27 Mar 2010, 5:51 pm

KRob86 wrote:
So KJ you only own/heard two other albums from this label?..... Shaking My Head

Dude, you're jumping to conclusions. I've heard many albums from Rap-A-Lot. Those are just my personal favorites.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Rap-A-Lot Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records   Rap-A-Lot Records Icon_minitimeSat 27 Mar 2010, 6:46 pm

Scarface - The Diary
Geto Boys - We Can't Be Stopped
Big Mello - Wegonefunkwichamind
Hussein Fatal - Fatal
Blac Monks - Secrets of the Hidden Temple (no longer own, my copy got scratched up big time)
2Low - Funky Lil Brotha

Didn't want to have a list full of Scarface & Geto Boys. I also still don't own any Seagrams...too damn expensive...smh
Back to top Go down

Rap-A-Lot Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records   Rap-A-Lot Records Icon_minitimeSat 27 Mar 2010, 7:03 pm

Yo Tran thats a dope ass list except for the 2 Low that album was below average at best to me. That Blac Monks album is pure g funk dark fire! It would make my top 20 RAL albums easily.

I like Fatals 1st album the best that did not drop on RAL. That album you mentioned is aiight.

KJ I asked you what other RAL albums you own/heard and you only named two so it seemed suspect. Just admit you are not big on RAL like that.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Rap-A-Lot Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records   Rap-A-Lot Records Icon_minitimeSat 27 Mar 2010, 7:27 pm

Yeah, the only reason why I mentioned the 2Low album is because I just copped it a month ago, and I've been giving it lots of spins. I dig it, nothing mind blowing, but the little kid could spit.

I too dig the first Fatal album, but it isn't RAL so I didn't mention it, but the Fatal album still bangs, lots of dope songs. I'm a big fan of the Outlawz, even w/o Pac I'm still a big fan.
Back to top Go down

Rap-A-Lot Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records   Rap-A-Lot Records Icon_minitimeSat 27 Mar 2010, 8:44 pm

Good pick with Phantom Of The Rapra slang. Horrorcore classic
Back to top Go down

Rap-A-Lot Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records   Rap-A-Lot Records Icon_minitimeSat 27 Mar 2010, 8:51 pm

Phanhom Of The Rapra was not horrocore to me. It was more hadrcore/g-funkish.
Back to top Go down

Rap-A-Lot Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records   Rap-A-Lot Records Icon_minitimeSat 27 Mar 2010, 9:14 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Phanhom Of The Rapra was not horrocore to me. It was more hadrcore/g-funkish.

I haven't heard it for a long time but i remember it being a very dark album. Tracks like Already Dead and Bushwicken were pretty twisted.
It did have some nice g funk beats from cj mac. CJ Mac - True Game was more gangsta/g funk to me
Back to top Go down

Rap-A-Lot Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records   Rap-A-Lot Records Icon_minitimeSun 28 Mar 2010, 1:23 am

KRob86 wrote:
KJ I asked you what other RAL albums you own/heard and you only named two so it seemed suspect. Just admit you are not big on RAL like that.

While RAL isn't among my fav labels, I do own a number of their albums (mostly by Face and GB's though) and I've downloaded several of them as well. The reason I didn't name them all is because downloading isn't the same as owning physical copies. But I've heard a ton of RAL albums. Some of them I've dug and others I haven't. I don't know why you made such a big deal out of it though, like EPMD said....You Gotz Ta Chill!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rap-A-Lot Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records   Rap-A-Lot Records Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rap-A-Lot Records
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: