Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?

Go down 
+3
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
D.Powell
T. Myers
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

?
Yes
Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Vote_lcap86%Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Vote_rcap
 86% [ 12 ]
No
Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Vote_lcap14%Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Empty
PostSubject: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 1:51 pm

?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 1:58 pm

Absolutely he is! The man had ZERO holes in his game. There wasn't anything on the court that he couldn't do.

The greatest thing about MJ though IMO was that he made his teammates better than they actually were. He made All-Stars out of most of them, and he's one of the few greats that won championships consistently despite not having played with a good center.

Had MJ not retired the two times that he did, he would have won at least 2-3 more rings. Nobody in history has transcended the game quite like Michael Jordan, and I doubt anybody else ever will. A strong argument can be made that he's the greatest athlete of all time as well, but without question he's the GOAT of b-ball.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 2:08 pm

My answer is yes, but I don't make the man out to be completely better than anybody who's ever played. And just like album covers, Jordan being in Nike commercials and looney tunes movies has nothing to do with his playing ability.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 2:11 pm

N3R0 wrote:
My answer is yes, but I don't make the man out to be completely better than anybody who's ever played. And just like album covers, Jordan being in Nike commercials and looney tunes movies has nothing to do with his playing ability.

N3R0, you're a fool. when i watch footage of the Bulls from the 90's, I always wear my Air Jordans. It adds to the viewing experience.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 2:12 pm

And my answer to this qustion is no. I think Magic Johnson is a better player, but it's too close to really fault anyone for going with Jordan.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 2:14 pm

EASILY...he's easily the greatest basketball player that ever lived

as a matter of fact he's the greatest athlete that ever lived IMO...6 rings...6 finals MVP...5 MVPS...I mean the accolades go on and on....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

read up on him and you'll see nothing but GOAT credentials......dude was serious with it...

the GOAT..no questions asked!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 2:16 pm

Magic was a great player but he couldn't hold Mike's jockstrap...lol

men lie...women lie...but NUMBERS don't....read up on Magic and tell me if he adds up Terry...lol...stop it baby bubba....
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 2:22 pm

D.Powell wrote:

Magic was a great player but he couldn't hold Mike's jockstrap...lol

men lie...women lie...but NUMBERS don't....read up on Magic and tell me if he adds up Terry...lol...stop it baby bubba....

Bill Russell has more rings and just as many MVP awards as MJ. Is he better than MJ? Kareem has more MVP's than MJ and just as many rings. Plus he has scored more points. Is he better than MJ? So stop with that. LOL!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 2:24 pm

NONE of those players are better than Michael Jordan Terry...none of them but one could argue that Kareem might have been better than Magic.....

Jordan is better than all of them Terry....and he's certainly better than Magic.....COME ON SON! lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 2:26 pm

N3R0 wrote:
Jordan being in Nike commercials and looney tunes movies has nothing to do with his playing ability.

Jeff that's bullshit. He got those commercials and movies because aspiring basketball players wanted (and STILL want) to be like Mike.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 2:26 pm

So basically your point about numbers is moot and irrelevant then, right?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 2:28 pm

Fuck it let's add Kobe Bean Bryant to the discussion too while we're at it Terry...he's the leading scorer in Lakers HISTORY...I personally think he is a better OVERALL player than Magic Johnson and he played for the same team and put up better numbers than him as well....
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 2:32 pm

you can put Kobe up if you want. A case could be made for him, but anyone capable of watching basketball knows the competition isn't as tough now as it was in the 80's and 90's. IMO, the competition that Jordan and Magic dominated is what separates them from the Chamberlains and Russells of the world. Also, people are too intrigued by scoring averages. there is much more to a players game than scoring averages.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 2:35 pm

D.Powell wrote:

Fuck it let's add Kobe Bean Bryant to the discussion too while we're at it Terry...he's the leading scorer in Lakers HISTORY...I personally think he is a better OVERALL player than Magic Johnson and he played for the same team and put up better numbers than him as well....

I agree with you on Mike, Powell. But Kobe is NOT a better player than Magic.

Magic played ALL 5 POSITIONS on the court. Magic got everybody involved into the game. Magic made Pat Riley the legendary coach that he is and ended up becoming (Riley has even said that himself). Like MJ, Magic was one that made others better even though he played with two HOF'ers.

Kobe may be a better shooter, but Magic was a more complete player and every bit as clutch. He also won more championships (including one as a ROOKIE) more MVP awards, and ALWAYS had his team in contention to win it all every year. Granted, he didn't do it alone, but without him their wouldn't have been a "Showtime".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 2:35 pm

No.

Rolando Blackman
Derek Harper
Moses Malone
Bill Russell
Spud Webb

in that order
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 2:36 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
No.

Rolando Blackman
Derek Harper
Moses Malone
Bill Russell
Spud Webb

in that order

C'Mon Son!!! GTFOH with that BULLSHIT!!

Bill Russell is the ONLY guy on that list that you can even make an argument for.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 2:41 pm

there is much more to a player I agree with that...I just think personally that Kobe is a better all around player than Magic was...I've got Magic was a great player no questions asked..but I don't think he's really anywhere near Jordan's level and I don't think it's fair to him to put near Jorday either...in their primes I think Jordan would have just overwhelmed Magic...lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 2:42 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

I agree with you on Mike, Powell. But Kobe is NOT a better player than Magic.

Magic played ALL 5 POSITIONS on the court. Magic got everybody involved into the game. Magic made Pat Riley the legendary coach that he is and ended up becoming (Riley has even said that himself). Like MJ, Magic was one that made others better even though he played with two HOF'ers.

Kobe may be a better shooter, but Magic was a more complete player and every bit as clutch. He also won more championships (including one as a ROOKIE) more MVP awards, and ALWAYS had his team in contention to win it all every year. Granted, he didn't do it alone, but without him their wouldn't have been a "Showtime".

MJ played with HOFers too. granted, they werent as good as Kareem, but HOFers nonetheless. I'm sure Pippen will get in, and despite his public image and perception. Rodman's numbers and game could be HOF worthy. Is he better than Worthy? probably not, but MJ still had top notch talent around him.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 2:45 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
No.

Rolando Blackman
Derek Harper
Moses Malone
Bill Russell
Spud Webb

in that order

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nate Robinson would fuck up Spud Webb....lol...

Rolando Blackman was a hell of a defensive player...and Derek Harper kind of the same thing but with some handle

Moses Malone was a nasty center but he's not on these guys levels man....hey Pedro put that weed down man...lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 2:45 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
N3R0 wrote:
Jordan being in Nike commercials and looney tunes movies has nothing to do with his playing ability.

Jeff that's bullshit. He got those commercials and movies because aspiring basketball players wanted (and STILL want) to be like Mike.

Is that some kind of a joke that's just plain not funny even in the ironic it's so goddamn unfunny and ignorant it's funny kinda way?
Back to top Go down

D.Powell wrote:
there is much more to a player I agree with that...I just think personally that Kobe is a better all around player than Magic was...I've got Magic was a great player no questions asked..but I don't think he's really anywhere near Jordan's level and I don't think it's fair to him to put near Jorday either...in their primes I think Jordan would have just overwhelmed Magic...lol

I agree that Jordan was better than Magic, but I don't think the gap between them was THAT big.

Magic was a great player up until he contracted HIV, and even then he returned to play in the 1992 All Star Game and was the MVP of that game.

Kobe is great, but IMO he's the 4th best Laker of all time at best. I have Magic, Kareem, and Shaq all ranked ahead of him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 2:46 pm

N3R0 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
N3R0 wrote:

Is that some kind of a joke that's just plain not funny even in the ironic it's so goddamn unfunny and ignorant it's funny kinda way?

I don't know what the fuck you're smoking, but it must be some high powerered shit!

Anyway, go reply to my latest WM post.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 2:49 pm

Worthy and Kareem>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pippen and Rodman quite easily Terry.....COME ON SON...I think you know that too and Jordan had Bill Wennington and Luc Longley in the middle...LMAO!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 2:54 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

I agree that Jordan was better than Magic, but I don't think the gap between them was THAT big.

Magic was a great player up until he contracted HIV, and even then he returned to play in the 1992 All Star Game and was the MVP of that game.

Kobe is great, but IMO he's the 4th best Laker of all time at best. I have Magic, Kareem, and Shaq all ranked ahead of him.

See I only think Kobe is behind Kareem in Laker land...Kobe is that good IMO! as for Jordan vs. Magic in a one on one game in both of their primes well that would mean that Magic would have no one to pass the ball too and would have to rely on his own ability to create a shot and Jordan would smother him man....lol...EASILY too...Magic is better in the running game and that is about it but to do the running game you need someone else to run with, Jordan was almost as good of a passer...a better defender...a better shooter...a better dunker...a better creator....I mean I think it would be UGLY man...lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 2:55 pm

I would go as far to say that Powell knows skills well enough to know that endorsements and all that shit don't mean anything except you're a marketable entity. Jordan was very talented but he's also very marketable, which is why he gets put on this unbelievable pedestal.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 2:56 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Worthy and Kareem>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pippen and Rodman quite easily Terry.....COME ON SON...I think you know that too and Jordan had Bill Wennington and Luc Longley in the middle...LMAO!

I never said Pippen and Rodman were better. I merely said MJ had talent too.

Not that you will care, but their number are very comparable. Jordan averaged 30 PPG, 6 APG, 5 RPG, and 2 SPG. Magic averaged 20 PPG, 11APG, 7.2 RPG, and 2 SPG.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 3:27 pm

Magic had infinitely more talent around him than Jordan did. One can argue that the 80's Lakers was the best starting 5 of all time.

Bryon Scott was even better than anyone Jordan played with not named Pippen or Rodman,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 3:31 pm

N3R0 wrote:
I would go as far to say that Powell knows skills well enough to know that endorsements and all that shit don't mean anything except you're a marketable entity. Jordan was very talented but he's also very marketable, which is why he gets put on this unbelievable pedestal.

The point I was making above Jeff, is that if he wasn't talented then NOBODY would have bought Jordan's sneakers. Nor would he have gotten those endorsement deals. Yes he is marketable, but unlike in music, you have to be TALENTED as well in sports to get endorsement deals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 3:42 pm

Really? Ever heard of Anna Kournikova?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 3:43 pm

N3R0 wrote:

LOL who hasn't?

It's different with women than it is with men. Women can get endorsements because of their looks. Danica Patrick is another example.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 3:44 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Magic had infinitely more talent around him than Jordan did. One can argue that the 80's Lakers was the best starting 5 of all time.

Bryon Scott was even better than anyone Jordan played with not named Pippen or Rodman,

Horace Grant, Toni Kukoc and Steve Kerr were the perfect role players for Jordan and the Bulls, Kukoc especially.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 3:49 pm

Also, my opinion would be Jordan is the greatest player I've watched. His numbers were insane and he was easily the most dominated player of his time. But I didn't grow up watching Kareem, Walt, and even Magic so I really can't say who was the greatest of all time.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 3:57 pm

N3R0 wrote:

the confusion here is that N3ro was mocking the other thread about album covers, whereas KJ took it as you saying that he didnt get those marketing and movie deals because of his playing ability

KJ was just commenting that it was because of his ability, he was able to get those deals
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 4:02 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
N3R0 wrote:

the confusion here is that N3ro was mocking the other thread about album covers, whereas KJ took it as you saying that he didnt get those marketing and movie deals because of his playing ability

KJ was just commenting that it was because of his ability, he was able to get those deals

EXACTLY, thank you Slang!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 4:04 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
N3R0 wrote:

LOL who hasn't?

It's different with women than it is with men. Women can get endorsements because of their looks. Danica Patrick is another example.

You REALLY think it's different? There's no reason that George Frazier, George Foreman, Rocky Marciano, Lennox Lewis and Mike Tyson don't get the same recognition or media coverage as Roy Joes, Mo Ali, the Golden Boy, Nasir Hamed, etc etc etc?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 4:25 pm

N3R0 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
N3R0 wrote:

LOL who hasn't?

You REALLY think it's different? There's no reason that George Frazier, George Foreman, Rocky Marciano, Lennox Lewis and Mike Tyson don't get the same recognition or media coverage as Roy Joes, Mo Ali, the Golden Boy, Nasir Hamed, etc etc etc?

It's JOE Frazier!!! Not George.

Tyson and Foreman got TONS of media coverage. Tyson might have been the next Ali if his crazy ass hadn't gotten in so much trouble. And the Foreman grills are one of the hottest things going!!! Also, the Rocky Balboa/Sly Stallone character was inspired by Rocky Marciano.

And yes it's different with women. I'm not saying that women can't get deals based on talent, but many of them (Anna and Danika being prime examples) wouldn't have gotten shit if it weren't for their looks.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 6:59 pm

T. Myers wrote:
?

No. Wilt Chamberlain is easily the most dominant player this game has ever seen. He could do what he wanted whenever he wanted. He's the reason we have rules like goaltending and 3 seconds...because Wilt would wait for people to shoot, jump way up, and snatch their shot out of the air (goaltending) or he'd camp out in the lane and have his way (3 seconds). Dude even led the league in assists because "he felt like it"...

Jordan is the best player I've ever seen in real time, but Wilt was just downright unstoppable. He literally changed the game...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 7:07 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

Byron Scott wasn't better than Jerry Stackhouse...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 8:18 pm

Few people are better than the triple-stack mack.... Jordan is not one of those people

Add Stackhouse to my list... at #6, right before #7 Wilt and #8 3LW from NBA Street
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 9:48 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
Few people are better than the triple-stack mack.... Jordan is not one of those people

Add Stackhouse to my list... at #6, right before #7 Wilt and #8 3LW from NBA Street

Pedro if your going to post under this thread please MAKE SENSE....your putting Jordan and Stackhouse in the same sentence COME ON SON!!

The only thing they have in common is that they both went to North Carolina....THATS IT!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 9:51 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
?

No. Wilt Chamberlain is easily the most dominant player this game has ever seen. He could do what he wanted whenever he wanted. He's the reason we have rules like goaltending and 3 seconds...because Wilt would wait for people to shoot, jump way up, and snatch their shot out of the air (goaltending) or he'd camp out in the lane and have his way (3 seconds). Dude even led the league in assists because "he felt like it"...

Jordan is the best player I've ever seen in real time, but Wilt was just downright unstoppable. He literally changed the game...

I agree that Wilt was upstoppable but so was Jordan on many nights....I think that in their primes Jordan would've dunked right on his big ass and vice versa but the ability of Mike to hit a jumper and create his own shot as well as his speed would've put him well above Wilt IMO!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Mar 2010, 7:31 pm

I think he is, but I know next to nothing about basketball these days. Jordan was part of the era I actually paid attention to the NBA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Mar 2010, 8:06 pm

Bottom line, he's the greatest ever to play the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Mar 2010, 8:56 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Lionel Hutz wrote:

Pedro if your going to post under this thread please MAKE SENSE....your putting Jordan and Stackhouse in the same sentence COME ON SON!!

The only thing they have in common is that they both went to North Carolina....THATS IT!

Pedro rarely ever makes sense. Stackhouse isn't even a Top 5 UNC alumni.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Mar 2010, 8:57 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Byron Scott wasn't better than Jerry Stackhouse...

Byron Scott SHITS on Jerry Stackhouse. He was a far better shooter AND defender.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Mar 2010, 9:29 pm

You must not know who Jerry Stackhouse is kj, otherwise you would not be making those comments. Stackhouse has had his own shoe - something Byron Scott can not claim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Mar 2010, 9:43 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
You must not know who Jerry Stackhouse is kj, otherwise you would not be making those comments. Stackhouse has had his own shoe - something Byron Scott can not claim.

I know who Stackhouse is, I've followed him ever since his college days. He was great in college but was only good in the NBA. He had a below average shooting percentage in his NBA career, Byron Scott was an excellent shooter.

And big deal about him having his own shoe. Stephon Marbury had one as well and he wasn't a great player either.

FYI, MJ was Stackhouse's mentor when he came out of college. He used to school Stack in one-on-one games even after Mike retired. Jordan was a superior player on EVERY level, Jerry Stackhouse himself would even tell you that.

Jordan isn't my favorite player of all time, but he's definitely the best IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Mar 2010, 9:47 pm

Have you spoken to Jerry? And Stephon was a great player, he was just treated horribly by new york city and their shit hole fans. Add starbury to my list before Jordan as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Mar 2010, 9:53 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
Have you spoken to Jerry? And Stephon was a great player, he was just treated horribly by new york city and their shit hole fans. Add starbury to my list before Jordan as well.

Now you're just on some bullshit. Neither of those guys are on Jordan's level. Neither of them have any rings or have lived up to the hype surrounding them. Jordan made All-Stars out of many players who otherwise wouldn't have made it, and won rings without a good center. No one transcended the game quite like Jordan did.

If there were a Mount Rushmore of sports, Jordan would easily be one of the guys on it.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Mar 2010, 10:31 pm

Reggie Miller is my favorite player but I can't fuck with MJ being considered the greatest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?   Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next