Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who's Better? Part 2

Go down 
+6
ACRID"
Half
Esco
Laced With Slang
E. Taylor
T. Myers
10 posters

?
RZA
Who's Better? Part 2 Vote_lcap71%Who's Better? Part 2 Vote_rcap
 71% [ 12 ]
Dr. Dre
Who's Better? Part 2 Vote_lcap29%Who's Better? Part 2 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Who's Better? Part 2 Empty
PostSubject: Who's Better? Part 2   Who's Better? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 8:12 am

Who ya got
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 2   Who's Better? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 8:46 am

Dre is my favorite of all time but due to the fact that he never puts anything out anymore i went with RZA.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 2   Who's Better? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 9:52 am

RZA is my Goat, so him

i dont think theres anyone as diverse as Rza and as good at crafting whole albums that matches the MC's styles perfectly and has a theme throughout
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 2   Who's Better? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 9:58 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
RZA is my Goat, so him

i dont think theres anyone as diverse as Rza and as good at crafting whole albums that matches the MC's sTylEs perfectly and has a theme throughout

yeah, i'd agree for the most part. I think there are a few equally as good crafting whole albums, but it's RZA's diversity and as you said, his ability to construct a whole theme to an album that makes him my GOAT. Just listen to Liquid Swords then OB4CL and then Ironman. All 3 are completely different StyLeS to me, and all are classics. This isn't even including 36 Chambers, Tical, and Return to the 36 Chambers which are all different as well.

Last edited by T. Myers on Wed 31 Mar 2010, 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 2   Who's Better? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 10:05 am

yea i think when listening to Ironman and Tical back to back for example its clearly obvious how much he adapts to the MC's tone/style

also, Dr. Dre is in my top 5 as well...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 2   Who's Better? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 10:07 am

Just like I said about the Pete Rock Premo match up RZA is more diverse than Dre but Dre beats bang harder. Dre also goes farther back with me.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 2   Who's Better? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 10:24 am

I'll have to go with RZA. He's produced a ton of my all time favorite beats.
Dr.Dre is definitely dope, RZA is just so damn creative to me.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 2   Who's Better? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 10:24 am

RZA for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 2   Who's Better? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 12:52 pm

RZA is more diverse but I'm going with Dre because his beats have the ability to make ANYONE sound like a superstar (Snoop, Easy E, Game, etc)
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 2   Who's Better? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 12:57 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
RZA is more diverse but I'm going with Dre because his beats have the ability to make ANYONE sound like a superstar (Snoop, Easy E, Game, etc)

OK, i get what you're saying, BUT all three of them have released quality albums without Dre too. The way you make it sound is that you think RZA couldn't do the same thing, and i'm not so sure that's the case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 2   Who's Better? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 1:15 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

OK, i get what you're saying, BUT all three of them have released quality albums without Dre too. The way you make it sound is that you think RZA couldn't do the same thing, and i'm not so sure that's the case.

Both are in my Top 5 so I have no problem with however this vote ends up going. It just seems like Dre has done more with less. Wu-Tang save for RZA himself, U-God, and Cappadonna (if you wanna count him) are all dope MC's.

After Eminem, Cube (in the NWA days), DOC, and early Kurupt it's a dropoff in terms of talent as far as the MC's Dre has worked with under his label. RZA's beats are great without question, but the MC's make Wu's albums classics just as much as he does. Would Straight Outta Compton, Doggystyle, or MMLP have been classics without Dre? I'm not so sure.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 2   Who's Better? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 1:19 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Both are in my Top 5 so I have no problem with however this vote ends up going. It just seems like Dre has done more with less. Wu-Tang save for RZA himself, U-God, and Cappadonna (if you wanna count him) are all dope MC's.

After Eminem, Cube (in the NWA days), DOC, and early Kurupt it's a dropoff in terms of talent as far as the MC's Dre has worked with under his label. RZA's beats are great without question, but the MC's make Wu's albums classics just as much as he does. Would Straight Outta Compton, Doggystyle, or MMLP have been classics without Dre? I'm not so sure.

the production on SOC isn't all that special to me so i would say it would have been a classic regardless. Dre's production carried N*****4Life more than SOC IMO. Em handles a lot of production of MMLP so i would be inclined to say it would be a classic as well. Doggystyle would be the only one i'm not sure of.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 2   Who's Better? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 1:33 pm

Whats with the Orca?? Still not getting that one....Ill go with RZA, his shits more complex and definitely a GOAT in my book..as is D.R.E-but im going with the Abbott on this one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 2   Who's Better? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 1:53 pm

RZA is light years more complex and more of a producer than dre... that's just fact... the bulk of Dre's catalog is just very good samples with nice drums - he is great at digging for samples and so forth.

Rza on the other hand does tons more creative and unique shit with the samples instead of just playing them from start to finish.

They are skilled in different ways, but RZA's skill requires much more talent IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 2   Who's Better? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 2:48 pm

Dre keeps your head ringin and imo you can put his beats on at anytime anywhere and people will move. But Rza would only be appreciated by certain types.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 2   Who's Better? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 3:44 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
RZA is light years more complex and more of a producer than dre... that's just fact... the bulk of Dre's catalog is just very good samples with nice drums - he is great at digging for samples and so forth.

Rza on the other hand does tons more creative and unique shit with the samples instead of just playing them from start to finish.

They are skilled in different ways, but RZA's skill requires much more talent IMO.

cosgin completely

but i will say Dre is the master of mastering songs...and making the beats sound as crisp as they can be
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 2   Who's Better? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 5:22 pm

RZA. Both in the top 5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 2   Who's Better? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 9:22 pm

Dre is my favorite producer, and RZA is number two for me, respectively, so there's my pick.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 2   Who's Better? Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Apr 2010, 9:50 pm

RZA for sure.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 2   Who's Better? Part 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 2:37 am

RZA in a quickness.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 2   Who's Better? Part 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 8:07 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
Lionel Hutz wrote:

cosgin completely

but i will say Dre is the master of mastering songs...and making the beats sound as crisp as they can be
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 2   Who's Better? Part 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 7:27 pm

East Coast wins on this one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 2   Who's Better? Part 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's Better? Part 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: