Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!

Go down 
+10
Norfeest
Alan
arokone
E. Taylor
T. Myers
D.Powell
Funk Seoul Brother
Laced With Slang
Half
Esco
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

80's or 00's?
80's
I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Vote_lcap53%I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Vote_rcap
 53% [ 10 ]
00's
I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Vote_lcap47%I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Vote_rcap
 47% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage

I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Empty
PostSubject: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 10:13 am

Yes I said it, especially since doing the 00 thread I have more fav albums from this decade than the golden decade. Maybe its because i'm of age or maybe its because of the quanity of quality. I have fav albums from the 80's no doubt and I also feel the 80's was more important and had more important albums than the 00's easily. But music wise for these ears 00's are much betta album wise. Of course mainstream wise there is no comparision but overall album output wise the 00's is smashing the 80's for me.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 10:22 am

Hmm, me too. Most of the 80's stuff sounds dated to me, but it could also be because of my age. Don't worry Kev, I won't throw salt your way.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 10:23 am

KRob86 wrote:
Yes I said it, especially since doing the 00 thread I have more fav albums from this decade than the golden decade. Maybe its because i'm of age or maybe its because of the quanity of quality. I have fav albums from the 80's no doubt and I also feel the 80's was more important and had more important albums than the 00's easily. But music wise for these ears 00's are much betta album wise. Of course mainstream wise there is no comparision but overall album output wise the 00's is smashing the 80's for me.

Yeah I do listen to more hip hop from the 00's than the 80's. The 80's was probably the most important decade for hip hop in terms of its growth and exposure, and there are many classics from the decade, but I definitely reach for more albums from last decade than the 80s. However, the 90's blows both of these decades out of the water in terms of hip hop. The early 90s is definitely my favorite hip hop time period.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 11:00 am

80's >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 00's

shit was just so much more "fun" back then, artists were passionate and just makin music for the love of it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 11:29 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
80's >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 00's

shit was just so much more "fun" back then, artists were passionate and just makin music for the love of it

Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 12:13 pm

I personally don't really care for fun music or music made just for the sake of making music.

The 80s are at two disadvantages:

1. Rap labels and music really started taking off in the second half of the decade, so technically there was less time for them to drop albums and the sort - the resources were just starting to be put together.

2. Rap was still forming so naturally there is a tendency for certain things to sound dated or simple compared to advanced in the art and technology.

They do have the one large advantage of being the first to do a lot of things so to that effect the music gets overrated because of the innovation of the time.

I probably reach for stuff from the 00s more but that's more due to the fact it is more recent. I find myself keeping up with new music and only a select few albums from each year ever make my permanent rotation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 1:02 pm

Kev you're on crack! I would have expected someone like Pedro, Jeff, or Tran to create a wack ass thread like this, but you? Man I'm hella disappointed in you. I think it's because the south didn't blow up until the mid to late 90's that you don't like the 80's as much.

It's whatever though. There were far more classic albums released from 1986-1989 than there have been the ENTIRE last ten years. Hell, 1988 might have the 00's beat alone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 1:05 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
80's >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 00's

I totally agree Slang, but you forgot to vote!
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 1:08 pm

I'll take the 00's over the 80's. Most 80's stuff does indeed sound dated for me. I just can't get into most artists from that era This question boils down to age.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 2:46 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Kev you're on crack! I would have expected someone like Pedro, Jeff, or Tran to create a wack ass thread like this, but you? Man I'm hella disappointed in you. I think it's because the south didn't blow up until the mid to late 90's that you don't like the 80's as much.

It's whatever though. There were far more classic albums released from 1986-1989 than there have been the ENTIRE last ten years. Hell, 1988 might have the 00's beat alone.

Man get off me and the south please because I prefer the west and east a tad over it anyway. And I already said the 80's got more important albums than the 00's easily. And I agree it was more classics just on the fact its older by fact. I just prefer play wise and classic wise the 00's more. I got way deeper into hip hop in the late 80's-early 90's. The 90's is number one period but 00's come 2nd.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 3:34 pm

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hey Kev good thread my dude...you keep right on taking the 00's over the 80's man...I know you didn't have access to cable T.V. nor a damn radio back then but damn my dude...this shit right here is completely funny especially coming from Willie DAMN D's biggest fan...

the 80's is taking one big HUGE disgusting SHIT all over the 00's....and quite easily too...you will never see classics in hip-hop again like you had in the 80's.....I mean I know Blu And Exile and Blue Scholars is top 15 of all-time material (LOL) but that bullshit can't fuck with stuff like It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back or Criminal Minded or Radio..etc..etc

of course 19 years old Cise and 19 years old Esco are going to say it sounds dated....man 50 cent and Fabolous sounds dated to these dudes so what do you expect??? LOL...like I said GREAT thread Kev....I love it man!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 3:42 pm

D.Powell wrote:
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hey Kev good thread my dude...you keep right on taking the 00's over the 80's man...I know you didn't have access to cable T.V. nor a damn radio back then but damn my dude...this shit right here is completely funny especially coming from Willie DAMN D's biggest fan...

the 80's is taking one big HUGE disgusting SHIT all over the 00's....and quite easily too...you will never see classics in hip-hop again like you had in the 80's.....I mean I know Blu And Exile and Blue Scholars is top 15 of all-time material (LOL) but that bullshit can't fuck with stuff like It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back or Criminal Minded or Radio..etc..etc

of course 19 years old Cise and 19 years old Esco are going to say it sounds dated....man 50 cent and Fabolous sounds dated to these dudes so what do you expect??? LOL...like I said GREAT thread Kev....I love it man!

co sign completely

i play albums from the 80's repeatedly and more consistently more than albums from the 00's. The music is just much better to me. It doesnt sound dated to me. Every time i listen to an album from the 80's it just puts me in a better mood, plain and simple, even the "dark" albums from the time. Organic feel to the beats is much better than the sounds now.

And im a sucker for break beats
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 4:28 pm

If you are a sucker for break beats I can see why you like the 80's. Keep in mind i'm not saying the 00's are betta than the 80's i'm just saying I prefer more albums from the 00's personally.

Mainstream wise the 80's had some of my fav songs period. But whole album wise not many have much replay value for me. I also did not connect deeply with many from that era also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 6:27 pm

The 80's is better than the 00's in EVERY WAY IMAGINABLE.

More legendary MC's, more legendary albums, Great MC's getting radio play, Great MC's getting video play, Yo MTV Raps being on the air, Rappers actually giving a fuck about the culture and art form, Not having to dig through the crates to find the next dope artist, Actually being able to find artists' albums in record stores, the list goes on and on!!!!

Like Powell said, of course the young kids like Cise and Esco are gonna say that the 80's are dated because they didn't live in the era of true heavyweight MC's like PE, Rakim, BDP, Kane, LL, and the like. Guys like Pedro and Jeff are gonna say that shit because, well they're just plain blind to the facts I stated above.

Back then, you didn't have wack ass Young Money, Young Jeezy, Gucci Mane, Wacka Flocka, and OJ the Juiceman dominating the airwaves. Artists like PE, Rakim, Run-DMC, BDP, BDK, LL Cool J, MC Lyte, Salt N Pepa, Heavy D, ATCQ, and the like were getting airplay. The radio is unlistenable nowadays, and shows like 106 & Park are almost unwatchable because for every good rap artist they get, they have 20 wack ones.

Not only are the MC's that you guys hype so much not getting airplay, but most of the time you can't even find their fucking albums in stores and that pisses me off to no fucking end! That wasn't the case back then.

Guys like Powell and I aren't stuck in the past, we just recognize and realize that rap was infinitely better back then. Comparing the 00's to the 80's is like comparing a McDonald's Hamburger to a Prime Rib Steak. If the 2010's go the same route as the 2000's did, then I'm very afraid for the future of hip-hop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 6:37 pm

KJ it was an east coast orgy in the 80's so i'm sure you and Powell are going to luv that era more. I luv that era more than 00's mainstream wise I have already stated that. But there are more personal classic albums for me this decade..sorry.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 6:40 pm

Shaking My Head All of y'all fighting for nothing. The 90's are better than 00's and the 80's.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 6:57 pm

KRob86 wrote:
KJ it was an east coast orgy in the 80's so i'm sure you and Powell are going to luv that era more. I luv that era more than 00's mainstream wise I have already stated that. But there are more personal classic albums for me this decade..sorry.

The music was better back then Kev...plain and simple man...fuck an east coast orgy because it was an east coast orgy in the 90's too my dude....yes the west had more hits during that time period as did the midwest but the east was still the dominate coast BY FAR....go check the stats my dude...go look up the consensus classics from the 90's my dude.....yes by then hip-hop had expanded tremendously but the EAST was still in da house

I should have known this thread was really about Kev trying to attack the east on the sly and he just proved it by saying that with his west/southern coast ass....lol

Kev knows who the GOAT coast is even if he wants to make up silly threads such as these...lol

Like I said I LOVE IT MAN!!! excellent job with the thread my dude!

Last edited by D.Powell on Wed 31 Mar 2010, 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 7:09 pm

In your mind the east had it all on lock but in the 90's there were so many styles and regions to choose from a person could get lost in one sound and block out everything else. I met countless people who only listened to the Bone camp, No Limit Camp, Sic Wit it camp, RAL camp, Boot Camp, Dungeon Family, Memphis camps, etc etc. They did not even really check out cd's from some of your more popular folks at the time. I was semi one of them to a degree because I was emerged in RAL records for the most part for a good time period there.

Cats on the east coast and west coast let the media tell them they had it on lock but in these small towns and other cities these so called unknowns or niche grps were gettting mad luv.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 7:16 pm

The east had it on lock man...like I said check the stats...it doesn't matter what the few where listening too now does it?? check the stats...I already said the game did expand...but heads like A Tribe Called Quest....Nas...Biggie....Wu-Tang Clan....Brand Nubian.....Das EFX...Jay-Z...DMX.....Onyx.....Poor Righteous Teachers....Lords Of The Underground....Naughty By Nature....etc..etc were all dominate as well as heads from other coasts...but the east was the most dominate clearly and easily....your struggling with this concept and felt the need to start this thread...again you did a great job man...the forum has risen...lol
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 7:18 pm

I have no dog in this fight. But you can not tell me that Death Row wasn't running things in hip hop for 2-3 years in the 90's. Also, as much as i hated it, No LImit was runnin things too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 7:24 pm

You don't really want to check stats because even though it does not matter to me i'm sure the west coast over all has out sold the east coast.

A lot of those grps you mentioned were only big in you guys mind. I'm telling you cats around the country were not as deep into them as you think. Why you think so many grps and artists were able to eat in the 90's? Because people were not only listening to ATCQ or NWA. It was a lot of dope shit to choose from unlike the 80's. One thing I give the 00's is there is a lot of good-decent artists to choose from. Its sad you have to dig in crates to find some but it is what it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 7:28 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Shaking My Head All of y'all fighting for nothing. The 90's are better than 00's and the 80's.

I'd agree with that, but the gap between the 90's and 80's isn't that big. But the 80's slaughter the 00's

And to Kev, it appears to me that you're biased somewhat against the east coast otherwise you wouldn't have made that east coast orgy comment. I believe that's the only reason you prefer the 00's. But just as Powell mentioned, even in the 90's the east had more consensus classics than the west and south.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 7:29 pm

Umm Kev I'm not talking about sales I'm talking about artistic TALENT my dude...if you mean sales well then Hammer...Tone Loc' and Young MC alone will win for the west coast...but artistically they couldn't hold Treach's dick, let alone some of the others I haven't mentioned yet...lol

The EAST was winning baby bubba...after 1998 thats when your beloved southern dudes fucked the game completely up....thanks alot Kev...lol
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 7:34 pm

Oh and E.Taylor Deathrow and No Limit had huge stakes in the game in the 90's but as I stated the EAST was running MOST of the 90's...Deathrow's reign was about as long as Ruff Ryder's reign was...which means it wasn't all that long....No Limit did have a decent run but they were NEVER running the game down there....Cash Money had more power than No Limit did overall....Master P was a heck of a hustler but Birdman surpassed his ass.....

again this isn't about sales but TALENT and that's where the EAST is rippin shit.....I like talent when I hear things like music or see things like movies or sports....talent will always rule for me in those genres....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 7:40 pm

KRob86 wrote:
You don't really want to check stats because even though it does not matter to me i'm sure the west coast over all has out sold the east coast.

A lot of those grps you mentioned were only big in you guys mind. I'm telling you cats around the country were not as deep into them as you think. Why you think so many grps and artists were able to eat in the 90's? Because people were not only listening to ATCQ or NWA. It was a lot of dope shit to choose from unlike the 80's. One thing I give the 00's is there is a lot of good-decent artists to choose from. Its sad you have to dig in crates to find some but it is what it is.

The West as a coast overall DID NOT outsell the east for the entire decade. After Dre, Pac, and Snoop there's a dropoff in sales from the West. Not that sales mean everything but just sayin. Too Short sold fairly well but he ONLY sold in the West.

When I look at overall greatness, I not only look at sales but I look at street cred, reputation, mass appeal, and classic material. The artists that Powell and I mentioned are well respected throughout hip-hop nation. Dope music is dope music no matter where it's from. However, in the overall history of hip-hop, the East Coast has been the GOAT.

I will agree with you in that you have to dig in the crates to find the next great MC's, and that's another reason why I don't like the 00's as much as the 80's. The next great artists used to be showcased on Yo MTV Raps, Rap City, and other shows that played hip hop. Those shows no longer exist and it's sad. They also used to be featured in magazines like The Source, Rap Pages, Word Up, etc. Now all you see are these wack ass club rappers in mags.

Multi-dimensional MC's rarely if ever blow up anymore, so I don't see how anyone can legitimately pick the 00's over the 80's knowing that fact among the several others I've pointed out on this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 7:40 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I'd agree with that, but the gap between the 90's and 80's isn't that big. But the 80's slaughter the 00's

And to Kev, it appears to me that you're biased somewhat against the east coast otherwise you wouldn't have made that east coast orgy comment. I believe that's the only reason you prefer the 00's. But just as Powell mentioned, even in the 90's the east had more consensus classics than the west and south.

I got mad for luv for the east coast I am just bias against that old time ass east coast bias. Whats funny is guys down here say i'm bias against the south. See how that works? I just defend what I feel is right. I have stated over and over and over and over and over and over and over again that I got luv for all coast. But that stank ass east coast superior complex always have igged me. Don't take my debate against one aspect as a hate for a whole coast. My top 10 has 4 cats from the east, 2 from the south, and 4 from the west. Can you or almost anybody else say that? Hell naw. I embrace all sound from all areas if I like it.
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 7:50 pm

I'ma go with the 80"s, only becuase the movemnet of Hip Hop seem more pure for the lack of a better word. I mean break dancing, Graffiti, fashion, where more prominent durng the 80's. If you went outside with parachute pants, bandanas on your knees or elbows and pumas with fat laces you were the shit!! You do that now, peolple will have a good laugh..lol..

Although hip hop had these elements in the 00's, I really connected with hip hop during the 80's because it was brand new and inventive, but if I where to pick a decade of hip hop, It will be 90's.

Peace
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 7:59 pm

LOL....Kev your funny man...the same way you can't stand that so called superior complex from the east...I can't stand that insecurity complex from the west and south...if something is better than it's better...say congrats and keep it moving....if you really love hip-hop culture as a whole then this shouldn't be a big deal....if the west was better or the south overall..then I'm saying congrats to the best and still bumping HIP-HOP music and loving and living this culture...WHO CARES!! this isn't medical science...it's a culture and a life style and music...no big deal man...
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeThu 01 Apr 2010, 9:56 pm

80s got the bigger and better classics, but overall, I'm going to have to go quantity over quality and vote for the 00s. Looking back, 1986-1989 are the most worthwhile years aside from some classics in the early to mid 80s.

I don't know though, it's pretty much a toss-up for me. But I may have more personal classics from the 00s. Of course the 90s rules all IMO.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeThu 01 Apr 2010, 10:13 pm

If things didn't sound better after all these years, that would be what we call "stagnation". It's supposed to sound better as time passes.

Co-sign Arok 100%, though...fun times. No one is invested in this shit anymore. And it's kind of depressing to watch...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeThu 01 Apr 2010, 11:35 pm

I listen to albums from the 00's more frequently.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 2:41 am

"Artists like PE, Rakim, Run-DMC, BDP, BDK, LL Cool J, MC Lyte, Salt N Pepa, Heavy D, ATCQ"

ATCQ in the 80s?

Anyway, I'm gonna go with the 80s. I may listen to more hip hop from the 00's, but, the quality of the 80s far surpasses that, IMO. Which is why my top two albums of all time are from the 80s. Also, next to 'The Realness', I can't really think of a 00's album in my top 30-40.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 9:40 am

Shaun wrote:
"Artists like PE, Rakim, Run-DMC, BDP, BDK, LL Cool J, MC Lyte, Salt N Pepa, Heavy D, ATCQ"

ATCQ in the 80s?

Anyway, I'm gonna go with the 80s. I may listen to more hip hop from the 00's, but, the quality of the 80s far surpasses that, IMO. Which is why my top two albums of all time are from the 80s. Also, next to 'The Realness', I can't really think of a 00's album in my top 30-40.

Then why do you listen to more Hip-Hop from the 00's?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 9:56 am

Jason wrote:
Shaun wrote:

ATCQ in the 80s?

Then why do you listen to more Hip-Hop from the 00's?

Probably because the 80's basically consisted of 85-89, and there were less artists/albums released during that time period. The 00's has a 5 year advantage, there are more artists and more material now. It's a numbers game. While he may listen to more albums from this era, the quality of the 80's is unmatched.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 10:37 am

I don't necesserily disagree but I am hesitant to agree the 80's quality is unmacthed. I think the quality of albums for me in the 00's quanity wise out rank the 80's. The 80's has more stand out albums on the grand scale of things but the 00's has a overall betta catalog imo. Lets not front like every album from the 80's was just mind blowing now. Most of it was simple beats and just dope mostly party rhymes.

I have no problem with anymone prefering the 80's over the 00's album wise. But for these ears its a no brainer. Remember this thread was only about album output not comparing the 80's to the 00's overall period. I prefer the 80's over the 00's overall easily I was a child during that era real fun times.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 12:11 pm

Chuck D and Just-Ice and N.W.A. and Ice-T and X-Clan and The Jungle Brothers and many many other emcees would completely disagree with you Kev about the 80's being just dope mostly party rhymes...lol

Kev..your in your 30's just like I am but yet you keep talking like C.Tran...like your completely clueless about your hip-hop history and I'm wondering why man?? I know you've discussed not having access completely to the music during that time span and I'm hoping this is why your writing such ignorance....real talk Kev..shit like this and a bunch of other stuff you've written in this thread just screams of ignorance and makes you sound like a certain 23 year old from Seattle who doesn't own many hip-hop catalogs from before 1999....come on Kev..cut this bullshit out man!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 12:33 pm

Alan wrote:
80s got the bigger and better classics, but overall, I'm going to have to go quantity over quality and vote for the 00s.

Pounds, C'Mon Son! That makes absolutely no sense. Quality beats quantity every time. Hence the 80's were superior to the 00's.

For those who like the 00's better, ask yourself this question. Ten years from now, will the stone cold classics from the 00's be remembered on the same scale as albums like It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back, Straight Outta Compton, Paid In Full, Raising Hell, Criminal Minded, By All Means Neccessary, The Great Adventures Of Slick Rick, Licensed To Ill, Follow The Leader, 3 Feet High & Rising, Grip It On That Other Level, and the like? Maybe a few but not many. Hell, there really aren't many consensus classics from the last ten years.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 12:40 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
80s got the bigger and better classics, but overall, I'm going to have to go quantity over quality and vote for the 00s.

Pounds, C'Mon Son! That makes absolutely no sense. Quality beats quantity every time. Hence the 80's were superior to the 00's.

For those who like the 00's better, ask yourself this question. Ten years from now, will the stone cold classics from the 00's be remembered on the same scale as albums like It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back, Straight Outta Compton, Paid In Full, Raising Hell, Criminal Minded, By All Means Neccessary, The Great Adventures Of Slick Rick, Licensed To Ill, Follow The Leader, 3 Feet High & Rising, Grip It On That Other Level, and the like? Maybe a few but not many. Hell, there really aren't many consensus classics from the last ten years.

We're talking about personal preference, so I don't give a fuck about consensus classics or if anyone other than me remembers an album. There are definitely albums I see myself still listening to 10 years for now.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 12:47 pm

Hey Jason.....Silver Jews and Gift Of Gab......NUFF SAID

your hip-hop pass has been thrown in the ocean...go see if you can find it man....lol

any idiot can clearly see 80's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.00's

by a whole fuckin bunch too!
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 12:49 pm

Get something new and equally pointless to say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 12:50 pm

1988 alone smashes the entire 00's
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 12:53 pm

Not to 7 people here, when it comes to their listening preference. It is what it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 12:58 pm

KJ and Powell I do not know if you are not truly reading what I said. Not once did I say the 00's have overall betta historic albums than the 80's. I just reach for more albums from this decade than the 80's. Thats it, thats all I was saying.

I am not dissing the 80's come on fellas you know me betta than that. I grew up in that era. I even mentioned above that the 80's have way more memorable singles and movements for me than the 00's. I just got more albums I consider classic personally from this decade.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 12:59 pm

your right Jason there is a bunch pointless about Gift Of Gab and Silver Jews man...thanks for pointing that out

as for the 7 people that voted for the 00's well

Esco and C.Tran and Cise and you weren't even born in the 80's and if you were you may have been about 2 years when Nations was released..so your opinion as it stands is completely uninformed

as for Pounds well what he said makes no sense whatsoever because he prefers more choices as opposed to the quality in those choices...so in other words give Pounds a bunch of 300lb bitches as opposed to 2 or 3 model type honeys with nice tits and a matching ass...he'll have a bunch of pussy readily available even if it isn't the best looking or smelling....lol

like I said 80's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>00's

by a whole fuckin bunch...and very very easily too....
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 1:02 pm

D.Powell wrote:
your right Jason there is a bunch pointless about Gift Of Gab and Silver Jews man...thanks for pointing that out

as for the 7 people that voted for the 00's well

Esco and C.Tran and Cise and you weren't even born in the 80's and if you were you may have been about 2 years when Nations was released..so your opinion as it stands is completely uninformed

as for Pounds well what he said makes no sense whatsoever because he prefers more choices as opposed to the quality in those choices...so in other words give Pounds a bunch of 300lb bitches as opposed to 2 or 3 model type honeys with nice tits and a matching ass...he'll have a bunch of pussy readily available even if it isn't the best looking or smelling....lol

like I said 80's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>00's

by a whole fuckin bunch...and very very easily too....

You have a very hard time wrapping your head around any opinion that is not your own. People disagree, it's not a crime, it's not a sin, and you don't have to be so dismissive and disrespectful of opinions that differ from yours. Grow up.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 1:03 pm

I know it's an opinion lil Jason...and I'm giving my OPINION on yours and their opinions...is that okay with lil Jase??
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 1:04 pm

You're not bothering me, it's just kind of pathetic that you can't be civil about it.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 1:08 pm

I am being "civil" just because I'm passionate about something doesn't mean I'm not being civil...you sound like I hurt your feelings or something...if I did then I'm sorry for doing that..but I stand behind what I said

80's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>00's...IN MY OPINION
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 1:13 pm

My feelings are fine, it's just annoying that you can't have a real conversation about something. Kind of defeats the purpose of a message board.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 1:15 pm

D.Powell wrote:
80's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>00's...IN MY OPINION

All day!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!   I prefer 00's decade over the 80's! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I prefer 00's decade over the 80's!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next