Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who's Better? Part 6

Go down 
+5
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Norfeest
Shaun
D.Powell
T. Myers
9 posters

?
Marley Marl
Who's Better?  Part 6 Vote_lcap53%Who's Better?  Part 6 Vote_rcap
 53% [ 8 ]
Rick Rubin
Who's Better?  Part 6 Vote_lcap47%Who's Better?  Part 6 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Who's Better?  Part 6 Empty
PostSubject: Who's Better? Part 6   Who's Better?  Part 6 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 10:49 am

?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 6   Who's Better?  Part 6 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 1:22 pm

WHEW...great match-up Terry and both of these legends have done a bunch of dopeness throughout their careers...when it comes to diversity then I'm going with Rick Rubin because this guy has produced hits in a bunch of genre's...hip-hop..country....and rock to name a few...but if I'm going on strictly hip-hop production then I must go with the GOAT...which means that Marley wins comfortably...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 6   Who's Better?  Part 6 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 2:27 pm

I, too, am going with the GOAT.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 6   Who's Better?  Part 6 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 2:48 pm

Mr. Williams...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 6   Who's Better?  Part 6 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 3:46 pm

Great matchup, Marley is 3rd on my GOAT producer list so I'm going with him.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 6   Who's Better?  Part 6 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 3:50 pm

Rick Rubin
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 6   Who's Better?  Part 6 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 4:04 pm

Marley when speaking on hip hop only
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 6   Who's Better?  Part 6 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 7:29 pm

Rick Rubin all the way. For all the genres he's mastered. In that light, Rubin blows Marley Marl completely out of the water.

Who the hell can go from Slayer to LL Cool J, to Beastie Boys, to Danzig, to Red Hot Chili Peppers, to Weezer, to Johnny Cash, to Tom Petty, to Sheryl Crow, to Rage Against The Machine, to Metallica.....the list goes on and on.

Last edited by Alan on Tue 06 Apr 2010, 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 6   Who's Better?  Part 6 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 7:57 pm

Both are legends, but Marley Marl wins here.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 6   Who's Better?  Part 6 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 9:40 pm

No brainer. Marley.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 6   Who's Better?  Part 6 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 9:58 pm

Way harder than I thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 6   Who's Better?  Part 6 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 8:07 pm

Alan wrote:
Rick Rubin all the way. For all the genres he's mastered. In that light, Rubin blows Marley Marl completely out of the water.

Who the hell can go from Slayer to LL Cool J, to Beastie Boys, to Danzig, to Red Hot Chili Peppers, to Weezer, to Johnny Cash, to Tom Petty, to Sheryl Crow, to Rage Against The Machine, to Metallica.....the list goes on and on.

I see your point. Rubin is very diverse but when speaking on solely hip-hop Marley wins IMO.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 6   Who's Better?  Part 6 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 8:25 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:

I see your point. Rubin is very diverse but when speaking on solely hip-hop Marley wins IMO.

I see yours and everyone's point there. I just have lots of Red Hot Chili Peppers and Weezer classics. lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 6   Who's Better?  Part 6 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 8:40 pm

This is a hip hop forum with hip hop producers. In that aspect, Marley wins. In the grand scheme of things, Rubin wins easily. For what it's worth, Rubin has my favorite hip hop album between the two(Licensed To Ill). Another interesting point no one has made would be to compare MSKYO and Radio. Which one brought the best out of LL?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 6   Who's Better?  Part 6 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 8:45 pm

T. Myers wrote:
This is a hip hop forum with hip hop producers. In that aspect, Marley wins. In the grand scheme of things, Rubin wins easily. For what it's worth, Rubin has my favorite hip hop album between the two(Licensed To Ill). Another interesting point no one has made would be to compare MSKYO and Radio. Which one brought the best out of LL?

I personally like MSKYO better but both are stone cold classics. Rubin has my favorite album between the two as well (Raising Hell) but Marley Marl wins when comparing both hip-hop catalogs I agree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 6   Who's Better?  Part 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's Better? Part 6
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: