Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket

Go down 
+5
Laced With Slang
TheHazardous
Z-membu
Dang! Trotter
Shaun
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Empty
PostSubject: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 7:21 pm

http://vibe.com/hiphopproducer

Much better than the emcee brackets of the past. Most of the matchups here are on point.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 7:37 pm

Where's RZA ,Doom,DJ Premeir, and X-Ray?

Fuck em all to hell---Shaun, youre the greatest producer in hip hop!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 7:38 pm

I know, I know. Also, there's 4 sections at the top for different production styles. That's where everyone else is.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 9:25 pm

what's with the whale picture popping up eveywhere?
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 12:07 am

That was fun, I can't wait for round 2.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 12:14 am

Yeah, there was actually a lot of tough matchups. Like Quik vs. Ant Banks and JMJ vs. Easy Mo Bee
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 12:43 am

Shaun wrote:
I know, I know. Also, there's 4 sections at the top for different production styles. That's where everyone else is.

Sill no Doom
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 1:02 am

Dre vs. Toomp, that bullshit wasn't even fair.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 11:31 am

why on earth is Kanye a one seed and theres no Doom

and why is Just Blaze a higher seed than Alchemist AND Dilla
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 11:37 am

DAMN Havoc vs. The Beatminerz in the first round, thats some bullshit

Diamond D vs. Muggs is impossible too

and where is MADLIB AND DOOM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 11:44 am

Well Toomp was in the wrong category - not that he had a chance, but he should have been with NEptunes and other hitmakers. I have a problem with a few of their categories. Also - P. Diddy and Every fucking producer he's ever hired? That's some bullshit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 11:50 am

Why'd they have to put my man Shondrae against Primo? Primo is obviously better (and Drae is not a fucking boom bap producer) but I voted for Bangladesh anyway (how often do I get to have Iowa bias). Toughest match up for me: Rick Rubin vs Beatnuts. Both criminally under-rated producer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 11:51 am

Lionel Hutz wrote:
Well Toomp was in the wrong category - not that he had a chance, but he should have been with NEptunes and other hitmakers. I have a problem with a few of their categories. Also - P. Diddy and Every fucking producer he's ever hired? That's some bullshit.

Exactly, 6 July, Amen-Ra, and D-Dot all have enough work on their resumes to get their own slots IMO. Also, if you think about it, doesn't that include all the Bad Boy South producers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 11:54 am

All you hoes...DOOM isn't even on El-P's level, who should have been in there.

REAL producers that should have made this cut IMO:

El-P
Madlib
Mike Dean (for christ's sake!!!)
Legendary Traxter
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 2:10 pm

When you type in the letters s,t,y,l,e, and s into a string, you see the whale picture. It's a reference to KJ Styles, a poster on this forum. Also interesting is that if you type the letters n,i,c,k, and y into a string you get a picture of Andre Nickatina thinking. Think about that for a minute guys, and stop asking questions.

styles
nickey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 2:16 pm

^It's still W.A.C.K.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 2:19 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
^It's still W.A.C.K.

Haha don't blame me, I'm just the messenger.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 3:09 pm

The Erick Sermon and Daz matchup was tough. Both have too much classic material under their belts.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 3:11 pm

N3R0N0N Of 0nslaught3r wrote:
All you hoes...DOOM isn't even on El-P's level, who should have been in there.

REAL producers that should have made this cut IMO:

El-P
Madlib
Mike Dean (for christ's sake!!!)
Legendary Traxter

Yeah I'd put them over some of them other dudes.
They needed an Indie producer section for folks like Madlib, El-P, and Doom. I would've like to have seen Black Milk and Molemen.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 3:12 pm

I picked Daz though. Dude is a beast on those West Coast beats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 3:14 pm

I picked Daz too.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 3:38 pm

The Boom Bap bracket is going to be insane when it gets down to the last two rounds
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 3:49 pm

The Green Eyed Bandit beats Daz easily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 3:52 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

If you say that then you don't know what the fuck you are talking about cause that was one of the closest match ups for me and hardest decisions to make.

But I bet you don't own one daz solo album do you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 4:10 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

If you say that then you don't know what the fuck you are talking about cause that was one of the closest match ups for me and hardest decisions to make.

But I bet you don't own one daz solo album do you?

Once again you're talking out of your ass. I own Retaliation, Revenge, and Get Back, and RAW.

Erick Sermon is a Top 10-15 producer of all time. Daz is maybe Top 50 at best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 4:12 pm

Name 50 producers better than Daz?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 4:30 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
Name 50 producers better than Daz?

Not in any particular order.....

DJ Premier
Dr Dre
Marley Marl
RZA
Pete Rock
Large Professor
The Bomb Squad
Timbaland
Organized Noise
Jam Master Jay
Eric Sermon
DJ Quik
Rick Rubin
Havoc
Diamond D
Kanye West
Muggs
Q-Tip
Teddy Riley
Mannie Fresh
Easy Mo Bee
Diddy & The Hitmen
Pimp C
David Banner
J Dilla
Hi-Tek
Neptunes
Trackmasters
No I.D.
Salaam Remi
LES
Jermaine Dupri
Scott Storch
Ant Banks
Alchemist
9th Wonder
Swizz Beats
Cool & Dre
Beatnuts
Beatminerz
Just Blaze

Those are just guys off the top of my head whom I feel are better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 4:33 pm

You couldn't name 40 and:

Jam Master Jay
Q-Tip
Teddy Riley
Easy Mo Bee
Diddy & The Hitmen
Hi-Tek
Trackmasters
Salaam Remi
LES
Scott Storch
9th Wonder
Swizz Beats
Cool & Dre

Are all pure bullshit picks... none of those have the catalog to even be named in the same sentence...good job running over to Vibe.com though
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 4:36 pm

smh Teddy Riley>>>>>>>>>.

"Are all pure bullshit picks... none of those have the catalog to even be named in the same sentence...good job running over to Vibe.com though"

lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 4:38 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
You couldn't name 40 and:

Jam Master Jay
Q-Tip
Teddy Riley
Easy Mo Bee
Diddy & The Hitmen

Hi-Tek
Trackmasters
Salaam Remi
LES
Scott Storch
9th Wonder
Swizz Beats
Cool & Dre

Are all pure bullshit picks... none of those have the catalog to even be named in the same sentence...good job running over to Vibe.com though

It's all personal preference. Just like you and Steve don't have Illmatic as a Top 100 album but everyone else in the world does. Just like you and Tran don't have KRS-One as a Top 100 MC but everyone else in the world does. Just like you hold the two hit wonders Ill Al Skratch in higher regard than the legendary Rakim. I doubt many more people outside of Ill Al Skratch's family share that opinion. I've got tons more examples to call you out on, but I'll stop there.

The guys that I bolded have LEGENDARY catalogs. And that was 40 producers exactly, which means Daz is in the Top 50. In any event, he's not as good as Erick Sermon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 4:49 pm

Daz has a sterling catalog of classics. See there is where your bullshit comes to a head - I have no problem with Illmatic being considered a top 5 or GOAT album. Same with KRS.

But I am not obnoxious to the point I will sit here and make it seem like it's a no contest. That is disrespectful. Erick Sermon vs. Daz is a fair competition and there is no need to try to disrespeck Daz with your bullshit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 4:50 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
DAMN Havoc vs. The Beatminerz in the first round, thats some bullshit

Diamond D vs. Muggs is impossible too

Those were some tough matchups, the latter was probably the toughest of the whole tourney. I went with Havoc and DD respectively.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 4:53 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
Daz has a sterling catalog of classics. See there is where your bullshit comes to a head - I have no problem with Illmatic being considered a top 5 or GOAT album. Same with KRS.

But I am not obnoxious to the point I will sit here and make it seem like it's a no contest. That is disrespectful. Erick Sermon vs. Daz is a fair competition and there is no need to try to disrespeck Daz with your bullshit.

I'm not disrepecting him. I'm just saying that Erick is a better producer IMO and apparently so did the people that made up the brackets, as evidenced by the seeding (#4 Sermon vs #13 Daz).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 4:54 pm

You said he beat him easily - that is bullshit and talking down like your bitch ass is known to do. Just apologize and move on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 4:59 pm

Well there's at least 30 slots between E-Dub and Daz in my producer rankings, so I'd say that's fairly easily. And your bitch ass has been known to say some hella ridiculous shit, so just have a Coke and a smile and STFU.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 5:00 pm

I try to help you not be a hating azz bitch, but you remain so. Have it your way like BK bitch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 5:01 pm

To you, it only seems to be hatin when it differs from your opinion.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 5:05 pm

Erick Sermon takes out Daz for me. It's not a blowout or anything for me, but it was definitely an easy choice. Oh, Muggs is easily better than Diamond D for the same reasons he's better than Havoc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 5:36 pm

Well we know you are east coast bias terry - except when it comes to muggs - then you are west coast bias.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket   Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vibe's top hip hop producer bracket
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: