Hip-Hop 4 Life
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Who's Better? Part 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

?
Pimp C
71%
 71% [ 5 ]
David Banner
29%
 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7
 

AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 8:45 am

?

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 9:20 am

Pimp C (RIP) without a doubt.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
avatar

Posts : 1251
Join date : 2009-05-08
Age : 32
Location : DC by way of So.Cal.

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 9:46 am

1st time dropping this line, but uhhh..."C'MON SON!"

Pimp Muthafukk'n C
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 10:13 am

SMH @ you southern haters. David Banner is beyond underrated as a producer. Pimp C wins here, but it's closer than people would like to believe.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
avatar

Posts : 1989
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 27
Location : South GA

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 10:19 am

T. Myers wrote:
SMH @ you southern haters. David Banner is beyond underrated as a producer. Pimp C wins here, but it's closer than people would like to believe.

I gotta agree with that. I was listening to Grey Skies yesterday. Production on that is sick!!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 11:17 am

These things are getting tougher and tougher... these are neck and neck.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 11:22 am

Wayne wrote:
Pimp C (RIP) without a doubt.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 11:24 am

T. Myers wrote:
SMH @ you southern haters. David Banner is beyond underrated as a producer. Pimp C wins here, but it's closer than people would like to believe.

Pimp C was from the south as well, so that Southern hater comment makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 11:57 am

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
SMH @ you southern haters. David Banner is beyond underrated as a producer. Pimp C wins here, but it's closer than people would like to believe.

Pimp C was from the south as well, so that Southern hater comment makes no sense.

The comment makes plenty of sense. Esco understood it. SRP understands it. Maybe you should upgrade your comprehension skills. After all, this isn't the first time you've had that problem

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 12:01 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
SMH @ you southern haters. David Banner is beyond underrated as a producer. Pimp C wins here, but it's closer than people would like to believe.

Pimp C was from the south as well, so that Southern hater comment makes no sense.

The comment makes plenty of sense. Esco understood it. SRP understands it. Maybe you should upgrade your comprehension skills. After all, this isn't the first time you've had that problem

You seem to have a problem making dickish statements, yet you don't seem to correct that. And of course SRP understood it because he's a UGK and Southern Stan.

What the fuck ever though, I voted for Pimp C.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 12:02 pm

Most people aren't truly cognizant of Pimp C's production either. Just from UGK albums.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 12:07 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
SMH @ you southern haters. David Banner is beyond underrated as a producer. Pimp C wins here, but it's closer than people would like to believe.

Pimp C was from the south as well, so that Southern hater comment makes no sense.

The comment makes plenty of sense. Esco understood it. SRP understands it. Maybe you should upgrade your comprehension skills. After all, this isn't the first time you've had that problem

You seem to have a problem making dickish statements, yet you don't seem to correct that. And of course SRP understood it because he's a UGK and Southern Stan.

What the fuck ever though, I voted for Pimp C.

And what is your excuse for Esco? He understood it too. I make comments like i do because i get irritated by having to hold your hand and walk you through everything. You DIDN'T understand my point. Do you want to know how i know that? Because it is MY point i was trying to make. So when i say you MISSED the point, you should believe me.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 12:19 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
SMH @ you southern haters. David Banner is beyond underrated as a producer. Pimp C wins here, but it's closer than people would like to believe.

Pimp C was from the south as well, so that Southern hater comment makes no sense.

The comment makes plenty of sense. Esco understood it. SRP understands it. Maybe you should upgrade your comprehension skills. After all, this isn't the first time you've had that problem

You seem to have a problem making dickish statements, yet you don't seem to correct that. And of course SRP understood it because he's a UGK and Southern Stan.

What the fuck ever though, I voted for Pimp C.

And what is your excuse for Esco? He understood it too. I make comments like i do because i get irritated by having to hold your hand and walk you through everything. You DIDN'T understand my point. Do you want to know how i know that? Because it is MY point i was trying to make. So when i say you MISSED the point, you should believe me.

I understood your wack ass point, but your point was just that....WACK, not to mention condescending. Bottom line is, BOTH guys are from the south and I'm NOT a Southern hater. In fact, Banner's production credits are more well known than Pimp C's. I just prefer Pimp C's beats. Nothing more, nothing less.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 12:21 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
SMH @ you southern haters. David Banner is beyond underrated as a producer. Pimp C wins here, but it's closer than people would like to believe.

Pimp C was from the south as well, so that Southern hater comment makes no sense.

The comment makes plenty of sense. Esco understood it. SRP understands it. Maybe you should upgrade your comprehension skills. After all, this isn't the first time you've had that problem

You seem to have a problem making dickish statements, yet you don't seem to correct that. And of course SRP understood it because he's a UGK and Southern Stan.

What the fuck ever though, I voted for Pimp C.

And what is your excuse for Esco? He understood it too. I make comments like i do because i get irritated by having to hold your hand and walk you through everything. You DIDN'T understand my point. Do you want to know how i know that? Because it is MY point i was trying to make. So when i say you MISSED the point, you should believe me.

I understood your wack ass point, but your point was just that....WACK, not to mention condescending. Bottom line is, BOTH guys are from the south and I'm NOT a Southern hater. In fact, Banner's production credits are more well known than Pimp C's. I just prefer Pimp C's beats. Nothing more, nothing less.

No, you are not getting it KJ. keep grasping at straws though.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 12:21 pm

Have you heard Grey Skies? Or Firewater Boys 1 and 2? Or anything outside of the radio singles you are basing this on KJ?

Or how bout name me 5 pimp c produced songs not on a UGK record?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 12:23 pm

And Banner's production credits are NOT more well known.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 12:25 pm

You know good and well he doesn't know a Banner track aside from what he's heard on the radio, and anyone with a brain could tell you that a lot of Banner's earlier album tracks were a lot different than than his Like A Pimp singles. There is a reason that people are blown away when they hear Grey Skies. It's because they are expecting more songs along the same lines as Like A Pimp and whatnot.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 12:27 pm

Like A Pimp is a lot doper than given credit for when you break down the production.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 12:28 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
Like A Pimp is a lot doper than given credit for when you break down the production.

I don't have a problem with like A Pimp, but then again I'm not a southern hater either.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 1:11 pm

T. Myers wrote:
You know good and well he doesn't know a Banner track aside from what he's heard on the radio, and anyone with a brain could tell you that a lot of Banner's earlier album tracks were a lot different than than his Like A Pimp singles. There is a reason that people are blown away when they hear Grey Skies. It's because they are expecting more songs along the same lines as Like A Pimp and whatnot.

Banner's produced shit for Nappy Roots, T.I., Ruff Ryders, and Young Money among others. I like his production, I just dig Pimp C's beats better, who besides UGK has produced for Ball & G and 3-6 among others.

That "souther hater" crap still doesn't add up. I never said anything negative about Banner's beats. And again, if BOTH ARTISTS ARE FROM THE SOUTH, THEN HOW IS ONE A SOUTHERN HATER??? My comprehension skills are fine, it's just that you found the need to be a condescending prick.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 1:14 pm

You typed all that, and you still don't get my point. hahahahaha. And Google is a wonderful tool isn't it?

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 1:15 pm

Google's good, but Bing is even better Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 1:23 pm

Come on Son! That's really the best you could come up with?

You can't name 5 songs from either artist you dig on someone else's album... just generic summaries...

His point is quite simple...If this was an east coast producer vs. an east coast producer you'd be naming random singles, b-sides, and remixes and talking a big game - but these are two slept on southern producers and quite frankly you don't know much about either man's production catalog. That is the southern hate - the fact you can't even name one song not on a david banner or UGK album you dig from them - despite the fact both have done extensive work for countless artists.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 1:40 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
Come on Son! That's really the best you could come up with?

You can't name 5 songs from either artist you dig on someone else's album... just generic summaries...

His point is quite simple...If this was an east coast producer vs. an east coast producer you'd be naming random singles, b-sides, and remixes and talking a big game - but these are two slept on southern producers and quite frankly you don't know much about either man's production catalog. That is the southern hate - the fact you can't even name one song not on a david banner or UGK album you dig from them - despite the fact both have done extensive work for countless artists.

I'll admit that I don't know as much about Banner or Pimp C as I do from other producers. But that's not HATE. If I hated them, I would be like fuck Banner, fuck Pimp C, or fuck em both. I don't dislike either of them.

I love Trap Musik from T.I. which was mostly produced by Banner, it's tied with Paper Trail for my fav T.I. album. And I love Wooden Leather by Nappy Roots, in fact I like it slightly more than their debut. I also love Havin Thangs from Big Mike's Somethin Serious album. Most of Pimp C's best work has been UGK related though.

Not knowing a ton about someone's catalog does not equal hate.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 1:43 pm

I'm with you there KJ - but that was Terry's point from the jump - not that he thought you or anyone else were overtly hating - but that there was a massive absence of knowledge about these two particular producers.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
avatar

Posts : 6865
Join date : 2009-06-12
Age : 241
Location : A Clean, Well-Lighted Place

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 2:05 pm

David Banner, sorry Pimp C (R.I.P.)

_________________
a.k.a AFutureWithoutAPast, Kendrick Davis

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
avatar

Posts : 6865
Join date : 2009-06-12
Age : 241
Location : A Clean, Well-Lighted Place

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 2:06 pm

Most of the people on here probably haven't even listened to more than 2 UGK albums and drop Pimp C's name Just To Get A Rep

_________________
a.k.a AFutureWithoutAPast, Kendrick Davis

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
avatar

Posts : 3500
Join date : 2009-05-28
Age : 36
Location : Bankhead SHAWTY and we'll take yo COOKIE!

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 3:14 pm

I'm going with the home team on this one. But I definitely got love for DB. I've seen him live and he was off the chain. And he once signed all my stuff. DB is cool people's.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
avatar

Posts : 5364
Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 36
Location : Minneapolis, MN

PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 7:21 pm

I haven't heard enough David Banner to really give him the vote, but what I have heard, I was impressed with. Still going Pimp C because I heard so much more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Who's Better? Part 9   

Back to top Go down
 
Who's Better? Part 9
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Stone Love: Old Gold Part 8
» Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1)
» Michael D.R.I.V.E.
» Jah Shaka vs Coxsone vs Stereograph Brixton 81 Part 2
» Mott The Hoople Discography

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: