Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Little Brother "Leftback"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Little Brother "Leftback" Empty
PostSubject: Little Brother "Leftback"   Little Brother "Leftback" Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 1:22 pm

Thought this was supposed to be released next week but i went to FYE today to get the AOTP album and was surprised to see it on the rack. Picked it up along with the AOTP. Thru one spin i would say it's a solid-good album but since it's their last album i really expected a little bit more. It sounds like a typical Little Brother album with the soulful beats and r&b hooks throughout. I was very disappointed to see that there were 2 remixes of old songs on the album. I don't usually like remixes and i feel like with only 13 tracks that all of them should have been new. Not ready to rate it yet. I see it as a likely 3.75-4.0 star album. Anybody else picked it up yet?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Little Brother "Leftback"   Little Brother "Leftback" Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 1:24 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
Thought this was supposed to be released next week but i went to FYE today to get the AOTP album and was surprised to see it on the rack. Picked it up along with the AOTP. Thru one spin i would say it's a solid-good album but since it's their last album i really expected a little bit more. It sounds like a typical Little Brother album with the soulful beats and r&b hooks throughout. I was very disappointed to see that there were 2 remixes of old songs on the album. I don't usually like remixes and i feel like with only 13 tracks that all of them should have been new. Not ready to rate it yet. I see it as a likely 3.75-4.0 star album. Anybody else picked it up yet?

I've heard nothing about the album dropping early. Maybe FYE broke the street date on accident. In any event, i have not heard the album yet.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Little Brother "Leftback"   Little Brother "Leftback" Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 1:35 pm

Amazon still says 4-20. My FYE only had one copy and it was stuck between Separate But Equal and Getback. Maybe it was put there by accident, i don't know. People who like Little Brother will like the album, people who don't won't. I passed on the Murs & 9th Wonder, wonder if it's any good.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Little Brother "Leftback"   Little Brother "Leftback" Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 1:38 pm

N3R0 didn't like the murs album. That's the only feedback i've heard so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little Brother "Leftback"   Little Brother "Leftback" Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 3:08 pm

I am still trying to decide if i'm buying this or not. The album cover looks cheap and I also heard the remix to the two old trks and did not like that at all. Seems like they just rushed an album to close the door on the LB legacy.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Little Brother "Leftback"   Little Brother "Leftback" Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 6:02 pm

KRob86 wrote:
I am still trying to decide if i'm buying this or not. The album cover looks cheap and I also heard the remix to the two old trks and did not like that at all. Seems like they just rushed an album to close the door on the LB legacy.

That's what I'm thinking. I'll probably download it first and see if it's any good.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Little Brother "Leftback"   Little Brother "Leftback" Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 11:57 am

A couple more spins in and it is growing on me. I'm ready to call it a solid 4 star album. I don't see it going any higher than that but it's pretty good. Still not happy about the remixes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little Brother "Leftback"   Little Brother "Leftback" Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 12:03 pm

ICP>Little Brother.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Little Brother "Leftback"   Little Brother "Leftback" Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 12:20 pm

^^^That shit is gay... lol

Anyway, for the life of me, I can't figure out what bearing an album cover has on the sound of the music. You'll miss out on a lot of dope shit if you go by album covers...

That said, I'm not buying this album no matter what it looks like. Their 15 minutes were up about two years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Little Brother "Leftback"   Little Brother "Leftback" Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 3:19 pm

Nor the album cover imo is apart of the package. Especially when you have set a good sized bar for your art. I usually can tell a lot by the quality of the album cover and most of the time not all I am correct about the quality of music. Most cats are not going to throw some cheap generic cover on the music they just put there blood sweat and tears into. But they will throw these cheesy/cheap covers on these mixtape type or album between the real album covers.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Little Brother "Leftback"   Little Brother "Leftback" Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 4:40 pm

I actually kind of liked the idea for the cover. All the press clippings from Little Brother's career is kind of a good way to go considering it's their last album together.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Little Brother "Leftback"   Little Brother "Leftback" Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 9:17 am

I haven't heard anything about the release date being pushed up to 4/13, but I found a copy at Best Buy last night. I haven't had a chance to spin it yet though. I'll get back to you later with my thoughts on the album.

On a side note, people will be happy to know that the album cover played no factor in my decision to purchase the album. For those that care, the cover and artwork look a lot better in person than it does on amazon.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Little Brother "Leftback"   Little Brother "Leftback" Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 12:33 pm

Co-sign Myers.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Little Brother "Leftback"   Little Brother "Leftback" Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010, 2:01 pm

Well, I've spun the album twice so far, and it's a solid album. It's not really a fitting "final" album, but i can't see LB fans being dissatisfied with the album either.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Little Brother "Leftback"   Little Brother "Leftback" Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 5:43 pm

Bushido Brown wrote:
Anyway, for the life of me, I can't figure out what bearing an album cover has on the sound of the music.

In my experience, I find some artists put more time/effort/money/consideration/thought into the album cover/artwork/packaging if they are confident in the material they are selling. Not saying that's true all the time, but often times it speaks of the quality of the album and how much the artist actually cares about it being heard.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Little Brother "Leftback"   Little Brother "Leftback" Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 6:00 pm

Hell, when ya put it that way...

Now that you mention it, a dope album cover has helped me decide purchase or two. I guess I'm saying a wack cover wouldn't deter me from buying something. But excellent point, man.

Still not buying that LB, though. Gotta hear that shit first. lol

Anyone got a link?
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little Brother "Leftback"   Little Brother "Leftback" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Little Brother "Leftback"
Page 1 of 1