Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!!

Go down 
+3
Esco
Shaun
Laced With Slang
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!! Empty
PostSubject: Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!!   Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!! Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 10:17 pm

listening to this shit right now im on the third track so far and i must say this fucking bangs....from the first three tracks Mos is definitely back to making straight hip hop again

the album starts off with a short banger produced by Oh No, and the second song is a tight Chad Hugo....this song is definitely in the vein of a smoked out Quasimoto type song, but its original as hell im feelin this one alot

the third song is the best so far Mos Def and Slick Rick over a Madlib beat...this song could be an instant 2009 classic...

for all the haters trust me check this out
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!!   Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!! Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 10:20 pm

Slang, your post just made me cream my pants.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!!   Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!! Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 10:50 pm

I will Most Definitely (pun intended) cop this joint!!
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!!   Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!! Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 11:05 pm

Shon wrote:
Slang, your post just made me cream my pants.

I see what you did there, Shon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!!   Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!! Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 11:07 pm

Slang, don't stop posting, I'm almost there...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!!   Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!! Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 11:10 pm

the album is really good i have to spin it some more to listen closer to the lyrics

the first half of the album bangs hard and has a ton of energy, the second half is a little slower but still very dope, Mos sings on a few hooks but it sounds good and the 2nd half has a really smooth laid back feel

i also got to really like the song "Casa Bey" the first time i heard it i didnt leave an impact but it really grew on me

the album no doubt has a Doom-eqsue feel in the way it flows,
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!!   Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!! Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 11:10 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Slang, don't stop posting, I'm almost there...

hahaha
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!!   Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!! Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 3:34 am

"Slang, don't stop posting, I'm almost there..."

Even gayer...
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

PostSubject: Re: Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!!   Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!! Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 3:55 am

I listen to the album and it's pretty nice. I'll have to spin it a couple more times to fully digest it and I'll give my full sentiments on the album...
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!!   Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!! Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 9:33 am

Mos still isn't spitting like the BOBS days, but I've pretty much accepted that that Mos is gone. In terms of spitting, this is actually more in line with his last album, but much much better accomplished as an complete album. He seems to have followed the Stones Throw and MF Doom model in the way the album is constructed, which works well for him. The production suits him, the album flows well, damn good album.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!!   Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!! Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 10:04 am

After a 1st spin I have it at 4.125/5. Just my initial impression.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!!   Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!! Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 10:06 am

4.125? Interesting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!!   Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!! Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 10:56 am

Sounds like its gonna fit in nicely right behind Black on Both Sides. It's been a dope 09 so far.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!!   Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!! Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 11:07 am

im really likin this....i agree with Jason that hes not like he was on BOBS but hes as good as hes gonna be
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!!   Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!! Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 11:09 am

Just listened to snippets on Amazon....feelin' this...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!!   Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!! Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 1:57 pm

Auditorium prod by Madlib has been on constant repeat..One of the sickest tracks of the year.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!!   Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!! Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 8:45 pm

this and Relapse are the albums of the year so far IMO, followed by Jay Stay Paid, then Double Barrel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!!   Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!! Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 4:02 am

No doubt The Ecstatic so far is at least 4 stars and counting. It's easy to see why hip hop fans who arent on medication like the album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!!   Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mos Def - The Ecstatic !!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: