Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com

Go down 
+4
T. Myers
Shaun
Xcel
Laced With Slang
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com Empty
PostSubject: 25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com   25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 12:44 am

Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch as to why Outkast and Mobb Deep arent on there, the criteria is that there needs to be 3+ members...its a pretty good list, SMD at NWA being higher than Public Enemy though i think there places should be switched

also, Fugees are too high

http://rap.about.com/od/artist1/tp/BestHipHopGroups.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com   25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 12:55 am

I think Onyx and Pharcyde should have made the cut... and Beatnuts to me have been a duo longer than group...

Probably give NATAS a nod too over these new school cats...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com   25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 12:56 am

And Black moon is ranked way too high for a "group" consisting of one emcee...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com   25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 2:04 am

NWA IS better than PE....much better actually.
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

PostSubject: Re: 25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com   25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 3:28 am

This is a real nice list and I agree with Black Moon and Fugees being too high, but other than that I have no real problems with it...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: 25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com   25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 3:44 am

Some are ranked in the wrong spots, but the groups listed should be there. I'd probably move the LOX out for Onyx, though
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com   25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 7:28 am

What a dumb list. SMh @ only groups with at least 3 members. What's next the top 10 groups that include a midget, or only groups with a female?
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: 25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com   25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 9:33 am

As much as I love Hiero they shouldn't be that high. Same goes for Black Moon.

Pharcyde should have made it.

Beastie Boys were ranked way too high.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com   25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 2:27 pm

2 Live Crew ahead of Slum Village and Little Brother??? Where the hell is Mobb Deep?? Weak List.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com   25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 2:29 pm

MarcoPolo wrote:
2 Live Crew ahead of Slum Village and Little Brother??? Where the hell is Mobb Deep?? Weak List.

This BS list only includes groups with 3 or more members.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: 25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com   25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 2:35 pm

dammit Marco, read Slang's original post and the notes on the about.com page.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com   25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 2:43 pm

Marco would say some bullshit with his wack rap listening tastes...

I think it's funny the rules they set - even if they have a greatest duos list...
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: 25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com   25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 9:10 pm

How the fuck is Outkast not on that list?

And how the hell did Lox make it? (I love Lox but naw.)
Where is UGK and Mobb Deep?
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: 25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com   25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 10:38 pm

No EPMD!!! No Ganstar!! No Ultramagnetic Mcs? No Digital Underground? Or did I overlook them? Nope! They're not there! And shouldnt Rakim & Eric B be considered a rap group while they were together? And whats Cunninist doing up there? They may be great but they had no impact and are still unheard of. Somebody fucked up on this list. No wonder why pop-boppers will always be confused on true hip hop. Once again-NO EPMD!!!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com   25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 11:06 pm

^ you guys need to read the description/criteria

its only for groups that have at least 3 members
'
they did a ranking for Duo's too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com   25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 8:09 am

Esco wrote:

That still doesnt change 2 Live Crew being ranked ahead of Little Brother and Slum Village. Straight up BS list was right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com   25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 9:25 am

MarcoPolo wrote:
Esco wrote:

That still doesnt change 2 Live Crew being ranked ahead of Little Brother and Slum Village. Straight up BS list was right.

No it's an unbiased list that ranked a group with CLASSICS + IMPACT + SALES over some new school fan-boy bitches... Slum Village has NEVER been that dope and LB is overrated obscenely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com   25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 10:04 am

Name a 2 live Crew album better than The Minstrel Show or Fantastic Voyage Vol.1???...Bs List.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com   25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 1:00 pm

MarcoPolo wrote:
Name a 2 live Crew album better than The Minstrel Show or Fantastic Voyage Vol.1???...Bs List.

Man that is a catch 22 question, can we really name a 2 Live album you are going to agree is betta than those two? 2 Live Crew made a major impact on the mainstream and hip hop back when there was no blueprint to really follow. That is one of the main reasons they are ahead of them i'm sure, popularity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com   25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 1:12 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Man that is a catch 22 question, can we really name a 2 Live album you are going to agree is betta than those two? 2 Live Crew made a major impact on the mainstream and hip hop back when there was no blueprint to really follow. That is one of the main reasons they are ahead of them i'm sure, popularity.

True. Albumwise, there isnt a answer that you could give that I would agree with. I do agree with the second part of your answer. Their commericial popularity is something I cant argue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com   25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 1:25 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch as to why Outkast and Mobb Deep arent on there, the criteria is that there needs to be 3+ members...its a pretty good list, SMD at NWA being higher than Public Enemy though i think there places should be switched

also, Fugees are too high

I agree with you on the first statement, but disagree on the second.

I feel that Jurassic 5, The Pharcyde, and Onyx should be on the list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com   25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

25 Greatest Rap Groups of all-time according to About.com
Page 1 of 1