Hip-Hop 4 Life
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 9:47 am

PROVE me wrong! :face:
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 9:48 am

Please reference the Kast thread as to why they are not the greatest.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 9:50 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run%E2%80%93D.M.C.


When you've done as much as these guys have done and you've ALWAYS kept it HIP-HOP.....not singing....not funkadelic...but stuck to the ground rules of keeping shit HIP-HOP then you qualify baby bubba!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 9:53 am

D.Powell wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run%E2%80%93D.M.C.


When you've done as much as these guys have done and you've ALWAYS kept it HIP-HOP.....not singing....not funkadelic...but stuck to the ground rules of keeping shit HIP-HOP then you qualify baby bubba!

That would be fine and dandy if Run DMC didn't have obvious rock influences. Good try though.

Now, i have a crazy thought. Tell me why Kast isn't the greatest. I've explained why Run DMC isn't the best.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 9:54 am

T. Myers wrote:
Please reference the Kast thread as to why they are not the greatest.


No need to Terry...Outkast is a great hip-hop group but they are not the greatest IMO....I've got Run-D.M.C. and Public Enemy, and Wu-Tang Clan ahead of them.....and Gangstarr and EPMD are close to them

let's also add:

Pete Rock And CL Smooth
Brand Nubian
N.W.A.
Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five
The Treacherous Three
De La Soul
Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince
Salt-N-Pepa


maybe none of those listed above are better than 'Kast but they have all had in some way similiar impact on the game
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 10:01 am

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run%E2%80%93D.M.C.


When you've done as much as these guys have done and you've ALWAYS kept it HIP-HOP.....not singing....not funkadelic...but stuck to the ground rules of keeping shit HIP-HOP then you qualify baby bubba!

That would be fine and dandy if Run DMC didn't have obvious rock influences. Good try though.

Now, i have a crazy thought. Tell me why Kast isn't the greatest. I've explained why Run DMC isn't the best.



Kast isn't the greatest IMO because they have 2 bonafide classics (ATLiens) and (Aquemini)....Stankonia is 4.5 stars IMO and so is Southernplayalistic....and let's throw Idlewild in the trash can and put The Love Below and Speakerboxxx on top of the lid....lol..

'Kast has never had the kind of hip-hop run (no pun intended) or influence like Run-D.M.C. had....I NEVER heard anyone saying they wanted to look like Andre 3000 EVER.....maybe kick lyrics like him when he was emceeing but his look has evolved into him looking like a spaceman from the planet of Stankonia...and so has his music really....he certainly has NOT kept it hip-hop...also their lack of chemistry as a group has hurt them over the years...hence...The Love Below and Speakerboxxx and also Idlewild.....
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 10:01 am

I mean God forbid a southern group is considered the greatest right? GTFOH!

Run DMC had no real competition when they 1st started but when PE, NWA, and others hit the scene you will see how much their props diminished.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 10:04 am

It's not about southern Kev....your just mad because The Geto Boys aren't even in my top 20 hip-hop groups of all-time....GTFOH!!! lol

you always bring up that southern shit and your ass is from Chicago man....lol
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 10:07 am

And Terry Run and Dee and Jay ALWAYS kept shit hip-hop my dude...just because you heard guitars doesn't mean it wasn't hip-hop

thats like saying because Pete Rock used horns or had early jazz influences that his shit wasn't hip-hop and we both know thats not true man
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 10:16 am

D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run%E2%80%93D.M.C.


When you've done as much as these guys have done and you've ALWAYS kept it HIP-HOP.....not singing....not funkadelic...but stuck to the ground rules of keeping shit HIP-HOP then you qualify baby bubba!

That would be fine and dandy if Run DMC didn't have obvious rock influences. Good try though.

Now, i have a crazy thought. Tell me why Kast isn't the greatest. I've explained why Run DMC isn't the best.



Kast isn't the greatest IMO because they have 2 bonafide classics (ATLiens) and (Aquemini)....Stankonia is 4.5 stars IMO and so is Southernplayalistic....and let's throw Idlewild in the trash can and put The Love Below and Speakerboxxx on top of the lid....lol..

'Kast has never had the kind of hip-hop run (no pun intended) or influence like Run-D.M.C. had....I NEVER heard anyone saying they wanted to look like Andre 3000 EVER.....maybe kick lyrics like him when he was emceeing but his look has evolved into him looking like a spaceman from the planet of Stankonia...and so has his music really....he certainly has NOT kept it hip-hop...also their lack of chemistry as a group has hurt them over the years...hence...The Love Below and Speakerboxxx and also Idlewild.....

Kast has 3 classics. That is widely regarded as the truth. Some people may not agree, but the overwhelming is that kast has at least 3. Which is as many as Run DMC. Most people don't consider Run DMC's first 4 albums to be classic. At worst, they have the same amount of classics. However, There isn't a huge difference in the sound of Run DMC's music from album to album. There is with Kast.

To say, Andre didn't have an impact on fasion is completely wrong.

Idlewild isn't a very good album, but it's light years ahead of Crown Royal.

Oh, lets not forget that Run nor DMC is on Big Boi's level. Let's not even mention Andre. LOL! You know it's true. Just admit the facts.

The only thing Run DMC have on Kast is the fact the are a more important group in the history of hip hop.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 10:16 am

D.Powell wrote:
And Terry Run and Dee and Jay ALWAYS kept shit hip-hop my dude...just because you heard guitars doesn't mean it wasn't hip-hop

thats like saying because Pete Rock used horns or had early jazz influences that his shit wasn't hip-hop and we both know thats not true man

Aerosmith is hip hop?

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 10:23 am

"The only thing Run DMC have on Kast is the fact the are a more important group in the history of hip hop."

Ummm Mr.Myers sorry to burst your damn bubble but being important to hip-hop means something my dude....sorry man

as for the Idlewild and Crown Royal comparison....well they both SUCK..so that's a wash

as for lyrically well Andre 3000 is number 11 on my GOAT list so we know he's no joke...as for Big Boi...he's good but honestly I don't have him but so much further lyrically than D.M.C. who was highly underrated on the mic...as a matter of fact D.M.C and Sadat just recorded some material and from what I've heard from those that have heard it D.M.C. can still spit (fucked up voice and all)


as for Dre's influence on fashion...well if you say so Terry....I mean many gay men have admired his look from afar....but NOT ONE brother in the hood wants to look like Andre 3000....now maybe Andre from College Park but not Andre 3000

and when you include Jam Master Jay in this discussion well then Run-D.M.C. is kickin 'Kast off the boat...remember I said this is hip-hop not American Bandstand...who was Outkast's DJ?? I honestly don't know man???

like I said 'Kast is a GREAT group...probably top 4 of all-time for me but they aren't better than Run-D.M.C. and Jam Master Jay!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 10:25 am

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
And Terry Run and Dee and Jay ALWAYS kept shit hip-hop my dude...just because you heard guitars doesn't mean it wasn't hip-hop

thats like saying because Pete Rock used horns or had early jazz influences that his shit wasn't hip-hop and we both know thats not true man

Aerosmith is hip hop?

Aerosmith is NOT hip-hop but that was a SAMPLE Terry....and sampling is hip-hop correct?? they SAMPLED one of their records and included them on the song....it happens all the time man...there is NO WAY you can say with a straight damn face that Outkast is more hip-hop Run-D.M.C. and Jam Master Jay.....COME ON SON! lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 10:37 am

D.Powell wrote:
"The only thing Run DMC have on Kast is the fact the are a more important group in the history of hip hop."

Ummm Mr.Myers sorry to burst your damn bubble but being important to hip-hop means something my dude....sorry man

as for the Idlewild and Crown Royal comparison....well they both SUCK..so that's a wash

as for lyrically well Andre 3000 is number 11 on my GOAT list so we know he's no joke...as for Big Boi...he's good but honestly I don't have him but so much further lyrically than D.M.C. who was highly underrated on the mic...as a matter of fact D.M.C and Sadat just recorded some material and from what I've heard from those that have heard it D.M.C. can still spit (fucked up voice and all)


as for Dre's influence on fashion...well if you say so Terry....I mean many gay men have admired his look from afar....but NOT ONE brother in the hood wants to look like Andre 3000....now maybe Andre from College Park but not Andre 3000

and when you include Jam Master Jay in this discussion well then Run-D.M.C. is kickin 'Kast off the boat...remember I said this is hip-hop not American Bandstand...who was Outkast's DJ?? I honestly don't know man???

like I said 'Kast is a GREAT group...probably top 4 of all-time for me but they aren't better than Run-D.M.C. and Jam Master Jay!

Being important does mean something, but it's only ONE PART of the equation though.

So you admit that Kast's 2nd best mc is on par with Run DMC's best mc? Even if you are giving DMC too much credit, that still proves my point

You also admit that Idlewild and Crown Royal cancel each other out? That means you can't hold Idlewild against Kast. Also, I'd take Andre and Big Boi's solo albums over Run and DMC's solo albums

I'm not saying Andre's fashion doesn't appeal to a certain audience, but it's had an impact nonetheless. However, we both know there are few things that epitomize hip hop as the Adidas shell toe and fat gold chains

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 10:39 am

D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
And Terry Run and Dee and Jay ALWAYS kept shit hip-hop my dude...just because you heard guitars doesn't mean it wasn't hip-hop

thats like saying because Pete Rock used horns or had early jazz influences that his shit wasn't hip-hop and we both know thats not true man

Aerosmith is hip hop?

Aerosmith is NOT hip-hop but that was a SAMPLE Terry....and sampling is hip-hop correct?? they SAMPLED one of their records and included them on the song....it happens all the time man...there is NO WAY you can say with a straight damn face that Outkast is more hip-hop Run-D.M.C. and Jam Master Jay.....COME ON SON! lol

Sampling is indeed hip hop, but i think Walk This Way is considered a little more than sampling. LOL!

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
avatar

Posts : 3100
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 122
Location : Midland, NC USA

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 10:45 am

Run-DMC were legends and I am proud to say I own 3 Run DMC shirts I rock quite alot...

But...musically and lyrically...they're not fucking with Outkast. I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 11:57 am

D.Powell wrote:
It's not about southern Kev....your just mad because The Geto Boys aren't even in my top 20 hip-hop groups of all-time....GTFOH!!! lol

you always bring up that southern shit and your ass is from Chicago man....lol

The first part is ridiculous but the second half was hilarious. So it's a push here.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
avatar

Posts : 10096
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 27
Location : Eardrum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quality

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 1:56 pm

"as for Big Boi...he's good but honestly I don't have him but so much further lyrically than D.M.C. who was highly underrated on the mic"

LOL

But, we need these topics. Keep it up, queers

_________________
[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 2:01 pm

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
And Terry Run and Dee and Jay ALWAYS kept shit hip-hop my dude...just because you heard guitars doesn't mean it wasn't hip-hop

thats like saying because Pete Rock used horns or had early jazz influences that his shit wasn't hip-hop and we both know thats not true man

Aerosmith is hip hop?

Aerosmith is NOT hip-hop but that was a SAMPLE Terry....and sampling is hip-hop correct?? they SAMPLED one of their records and included them on the song....it happens all the time man...there is NO WAY you can say with a straight damn face that Outkast is more hip-hop Run-D.M.C. and Jam Master Jay.....COME ON SON! lol

Sampling is indeed hip hop, but i think Walk This Way is considered a little more than sampling. LOL!


HUH?????? explain please!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 2:03 pm

J. Linker of 0nSlaught3r wrote:
Run-DMC were legends and I am proud to say I own 3 Run DMC shirts I rock quite alot...

But...musically and lyrically...they're not fucking with Outkast. I'm sorry.


Musically they are fuckin with Outkast IMO....lyrically they are not....and they are still the BETTER group IN MY OPINION...by the Linker I'm glad to see you sport the Run-D.M.C. T-Shirts man....lol
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 2:06 pm

Shaun wrote:
"as for Big Boi...he's good but honestly I don't have him but so much further lyrically than D.M.C. who was highly underrated on the mic"

LOL

But, we need these topics. Keep it up, queers


You dudes act like I'm talking about Rakim or Kool G Rap....I'm referring to Big Boi my dude...calm down...he is nice but IN MY OPINION he's not that nice....Andre is the one who I remember the most from that group not Big Boi...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 2:07 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Shaun wrote:
"as for Big Boi...he's good but honestly I don't have him but so much further lyrically than D.M.C. who was highly underrated on the mic"

LOL

But, we need these topics. Keep it up, queers


You dudes act like I'm talking about Rakim or Kool G Rap....I'm referring to Big Boi my dude...calm down...he is nice but IN MY OPINION he's not that nice....Andre is the one who I remember the most from that group not Big Boi...

All along, i assumed you were stubborn, but apparently you're just unfamiliar with Kast. It's ok. I get it now. Big Boi would rap circles around Phonte, and quite easily too.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
avatar

Posts : 10096
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 27
Location : Eardrum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quality

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 2:08 pm

Big Boi would rap spheres around Phonte without breaking a sweat

_________________
[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 2:13 pm

LOL@ Big Boi.....that dude is nice but to me he ain't that nice...it's not about being stubborn it's about knowing what I deem to be lyrical.....this is all about opinion anyway...the majority of opinions on this forum is that Big Boi is top 15 all-time (LMAO)....not to me baby bubba...sorry mane!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
avatar

Posts : 10096
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 27
Location : Eardrum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quality

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 2:15 pm

Big Boi's top 25-30 for me.

_________________
[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 2:16 pm

damn i missed a lot today
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 2:19 pm

D.Powell wrote:
LOL@ Big Boi.....that dude is nice but to me he ain't that nice...it's not about being stubborn it's about knowing what I deem to be lyrical.....this is all about opinion anyway...the majority of opinions on this forum is that Big Boi is top 15 all-time (LMAO)....not to me baby bubba...sorry mane!

Big Boi ain't that high for me. I could see top 50 for him though. I know some people have him higher(Pounds?) than that though.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 2:28 pm

D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
And Terry Run and Dee and Jay ALWAYS kept shit hip-hop my dude...just because you heard guitars doesn't mean it wasn't hip-hop

thats like saying because Pete Rock used horns or had early jazz influences that his shit wasn't hip-hop and we both know thats not true man

Aerosmith is hip hop?

Aerosmith is NOT hip-hop but that was a SAMPLE Terry....and sampling is hip-hop correct?? they SAMPLED one of their records and included them on the song....it happens all the time man...there is NO WAY you can say with a straight damn face that Outkast is more hip-hop Run-D.M.C. and Jam Master Jay.....COME ON SON! lol

Sampling is indeed hip hop, but i think Walk This Way is considered a little more than sampling. LOL!


HUH?????? explain please!

Do you not see a huge difference between tracks like Ice Ice Baby, Dope Beat, and Walk This Way and other songs with more subtle samples? In essence, i suppose it's considered sampling, but they basically jacked the original. I may be alone, but i distinguish between the two.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 2:57 pm

there is no difference Terry.....sampling is sampling man

there is more subtle references when doing it but sampling is an art unique to hip-hop which has now spread to other genres.....but sampling/sample machines were used by hip-hop producers mainly before....
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 3:21 pm

I honestly don't disagree with Powell on this topic.

While they aren't the dopest lyricists of all time, they've got classics hits and albums for DAYS. Moreso than most groups, and their first 3 albums are TIMELESS classics. Run-DMC has as many Top 100 tracks as any rap act of all time.

While they aren't number one on my list, they're easily Top 5, maybe even Top 3. But I have no problem with anyone saying that they're the best. After all, if it wasn't for them the game would have NEVER evolved to what it has over the last two decades.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 4:05 pm

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
And Terry Run and Dee and Jay ALWAYS kept shit hip-hop my dude...just because you heard guitars doesn't mean it wasn't hip-hop

thats like saying because Pete Rock used horns or had early jazz influences that his shit wasn't hip-hop and we both know thats not true man

Aerosmith is hip hop?

No, but neither are most of the people Andre collabed with on The Love Below.

And Walk This Way>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any song on TLB.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 4:22 pm

KJ GTFOH son. Even if Run did not blow up trust me someone else would have. Hip Hop was to strong of an force for its down fall to rest on one group.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 5:10 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
And Terry Run and Dee and Jay ALWAYS kept shit hip-hop my dude...just because you heard guitars doesn't mean it wasn't hip-hop

thats like saying because Pete Rock used horns or had early jazz influences that his shit wasn't hip-hop and we both know thats not true man

Aerosmith is hip hop?

No, but neither are most of the people Andre collabed with on The Love Below.

And Walk This Way>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any song on TLB.

1. I think you missed the point of me saying Aerosmith isn't hip hop. You should read the thread again, and tell me why i brought up Aerosmith in the first place.

2. Did i ever say Walk This Way wasn't great?

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 6:17 pm

KRob86 wrote:
KJ GTFOH son. Even if Run did not blow up trust me someone else would have. Hip Hop was to strong of an force for its down fall to rest on one group.

Kev, you GTFOH son. Sure, there were others but Run-DMC did for hip-hop what MLK did for Civil Rights. Back then, hip-hop was rarely played on the radio except for Fridays and Saturdays by guys like Mr Magic and Red Alert. And you NEVER saw rap acts on MTV until those guys. Back then, the only rap show was Video Music Box with Ralph McDaniels.

Would someone else have come along? Maybe, but it would have taken MUCH longer and it's unknown how much of an impact they would have made initially. Some people like to clown Walk This Way, but that song paved the way for hip-hop to be accepted on the grand scale as more than just a passing fad like disco was.

Whether or not you think Run-DMC was the greatest group of all time, you cannot discredit the fact that they made it possible for your favorite acts to be what they're doing today. Ask any legendary artist or group and they'll tell you the exact same thing.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 6:35 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I honestly don't disagree with Powell on this topic.

lol - shocking
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 7:12 pm

goodness KJ and powell are fucking idiots... and no I do not mean because of your opinion on Run DMC or Outkast... I just mean generally you walk around arguing with no logic, contradicting yourselves at every turn, and spewing bullshit...

all that said, I respect your opinion, irregardless of the cesspool roller coaster ride you guys take to arrive to it.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
avatar

Posts : 4016
Join date : 2009-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 7:17 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
I honestly don't disagree with Powell on this topic.

lol - shocking

lol X2

Ain't that some surprising shit.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 7:19 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
goodness KJ and powell are fucking idiots... and no I do not mean because of your opinion on Run DMC or Outkast... I just mean generally you walk around arguing with no logic, contradicting yourselves at every turn, and spewing bullshit...

Where the fuck did I contradict myself or not show logic?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
avatar

Posts : 2871
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 41
Location : DMV

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 7:22 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
I honestly don't disagree with Powell on this topic.

lol - shocking

lol X2

Ain't that some surprising shit.

lol x3

Wonder Twins activate like a muthafucka...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 7:33 pm

I remember when I did a thread called sensitive feelings and I posted a bunch of videos of slow jams and heads on here thought it was wack and over exaggerated..but listen to this one.....

One of the good ol' boys on here Bushido Brown a.k.a the superproducer...a.k.a. the 7 footer a.k.a. NORFEEST just banned me for 15 minutes because of a few things thrown at him in another thread...he wanted me out for a week..but I guess he changed his lil mind..

now fellas...I know a bunch of you on here have problems with me about something I said to you in the past or because I don't think Outkast is the greatest hip-hop group of all-time or because The Geto Boys don't appear on my radar screen at all (big-ups to Scarface though)...but can we at least agree that if what Norfeest did is not a fuckin Michael Jackson..Tito Jackson....Janet Jackson move then I don't know what the fuck is...lol

that was some disgusting shit Norfeest......let the debates rage on my dude and if you can't stand the heat then stay the fuck out of the kitchen...that comment goes for anyone on here INCLUDING MYSELF...but to ban heads from here because you may not like them or you may not agree with them is a COMPLETE AND TOTAL BEYOTCH MOVE.....


Last edited by D.Powell on Wed 21 Apr 2010, 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
avatar

Posts : 2871
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 41
Location : DMV

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 7:35 pm

lol...call it what ya want. I gives a fuck.

It's still fuck you all day...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 7:39 pm

LOL @ Bushido...see what I mean!!!

GAY man speaks his piece! thanks for the love Norfy! (no homo)
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
avatar

Posts : 2871
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 41
Location : DMV

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 7:43 pm

Sure. I can say it again if you'd like. But do know that neither of your posts are remotely related. lol

Consult KJ on when Comprehension Skills 101 starts. I already told him to sign up for it.

I'm in the chat box...no need to spam the thread, stupid...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Wed 21 Apr 2010, 8:11 pm

To Quote Redd Foxx(R.I.P.):


"YA BIG DUMMY"

boy does this apply right here and right NOW!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Thu 22 Apr 2010, 8:59 am

WTF happened here last night? Shaking My Head

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
avatar

Posts : 5364
Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 36
Location : Minneapolis, MN

PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Fri 23 Apr 2010, 6:55 pm

Run-DMC is close, but not quite there IMO. I'd take Beastie Boys over them personally. I still think their influence is greater as well....even though Norf disagrees. lol
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   Fri 23 Apr 2010, 7:32 pm

Alan wrote:
Run-DMC is close, but not quite there IMO. I'd take Beastie Boys over them personally. I still think their influence is greater as well....even though Norf disagrees. lol

The Beasties paved the way for rappers of their own race, but Run-DMC paved the way for decades worth of MC's and groups of all races, INCLUDING the Beasties.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time   

Back to top Go down
 
Run-D.M.C. is the GREATEST hip-hop group of all-time
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» GREATEST HITS – EUROPEAN SELECTION
» Zane Lowe's Top 50 Guitarists
» Wicked Rare Groove CD
» Lovers Rock 12" selection (3 mixes! - November 2009)
» Comedy Albums.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: