Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version! Empty
PostSubject: VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version!   VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version! Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 4:46 pm

Yeah thats right its airing June 7th! I kinda hate they are making it seperate like it can't fit in with the big picture. But then again with the overshadowing it had to deal with from the West and East for over 20 yrs it deserves the shine.

Quoted from XXLMag.com:

"The cable network will also present a special version of their annual Hip Hop Honors awards celebration this year, specifically focusing on the Dirty South. The show, now in it’s seventh year, will pay tribute to southern pioneers like Jermaine Dupri, J Prince of Rap-A-Lot Records, Luther “Luke” Campbell and 2 Live Crew, Master P, and Organized Noize. The show will tape at New York’s Hammerstein Ballroom and will air on Monday, June 7 at 9 p.m. EST."
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version!   VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version! Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 9:20 pm

Interesting but it's still Vh1. They don't have the right to honor hip hop when they don't even play it on their channel. 5 years ago that channel was easy listening all the way. Now it's MTV Lite for the midlife crisis crowd.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version!   VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version! Icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2010, 9:49 pm

"Now it's MTV Lite for the midlife crisis crowd."

LOL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version!   VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version! Icon_minitimeSat 24 Apr 2010, 9:53 am

Thats one of the best descriptions of VH1 I have heard...lol.

I try not to get caught up in the fact they are not the best authority on hip hop I just enjoy the fact someone is actually showing shine to the pioneers. They always do a decent job imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version!   VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version! Icon_minitimeSat 24 Apr 2010, 11:37 am

halfsharkalligatorhalfman wrote:
Interesting but it's still Vh1. They don't have the right to honor hip hop when they don't even play it on their channel. 5 years ago that channel was easy listening all the way. Now it's MTV Lite for the midlife crisis crowd.

I would agree with you, but they do have the VH1 Soul channel which plays hip-hop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version!   VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version! Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010, 12:56 pm

Have you guys heard the latest? Luke is pissed off because they are not honoring him by himself but only as apart of 2 Live Crew. And Tony Draper is mad as hell because they did not even add him to the roster.

This is what pisses me off about these east coast and even west coast based media powers. They do not truly understand the history of the dirty south so they always half fucking step. Like when MTV did that specail where they visted different cites and spotlighted the talent from those areas. They went to Houston and did not even mention the SPC.

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=78859
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version!   VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version! Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 12:09 am

Tru dat to Tony.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version!   VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version! Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 1:36 am

I don't know...

It seems like I lose more and more interest with every year that this show comes along. Someone give me the highlights when it comes on.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version!   VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version! Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 9:04 pm

I hope y'all mofo's are watching the show its on right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version!   VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version! Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 9:06 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
Tru dat to Tony.

Cosign.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version!   VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VH1 Hip Hop Honors Dirty South Version!
Page 1 of 1