Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Robert Rebeck Quits

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Robert Rebeck Quits Empty
PostSubject: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 12:13 am

Robert Rebeck, long time Strange Music (and Kansas City) hip hop producer has quit making music...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 12:18 am

Ummm. source? reason?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 12:23 am

No reason given. Tech N9ne posted it on his website and on his twitter. Why do you always question me?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 1:40 am

I question you because you jump the gun with cryptic news and rumors and are wrong about the same amount you are right.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 3:37 am

@TechN9ne ayo tech, everyone on TRTN is dieing to know whats goin on, can you atleast assure us this is real shit? this is nuts.

@Trev42088 yo trev, travis came to my place furious and told me so now I'm furious
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 10:28 am

Pookie The Bear wrote:
I question you because you jump the gun with cryptic news and rumors and are wrong about the same amount you are right.

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 2:51 pm

Okay douches.

Rebeck was offered more money by Travis O'Guinn since Rebeck is the engineer on Strange Music's projects. Rebeck assumed they were paying him more so he would work longer hours. Rebeck changed his number after telling O'Guinn he quit and is no longer taking any calls from the Strange Music camp. Hopefully, this doesn't affect the release schedule as it is. Right now Tech is contacting DJ Quik to see what he would charge to engineer all the Strange Music projects until they find a new in-house guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 3:18 pm

Didn't Rebeck produce a crapload of staff too?

And I don't get it.

He was offered more money and didn't want to work more hours?

Sources please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 3:21 pm

Tech N9ne. Check his motherfucking twitter you ass. And yes, he produced a ton of stuff, but his beats aren't Tech's main concern, to say the least. ALSO, Tech felt the same way we all do, which is confused as to why Rebeck would quit after getting a raise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 3:43 pm

Why would his beats not be the main concern to say the least? Other than engineering what does he do? I know Tech said he provides a lot of musical direction for the label, but that happens through the beats?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 3:48 pm

It's not just through the beats though, a lot of the Kabosh record was banking on Rebeck's expertise, as well as the creative direction for where the albums go. Most beat cds would go through Rebeck before they went to the artists.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 3:54 pm

I am sure there are tons of talented people out there ready to take his spot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 3:55 pm

Yeah, I'm just worried about the projects on the slate for this year.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 3:56 pm

Much ado about....

You know the rest.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 4:00 pm

Just get Mike E. Clark on there...boom, problem solved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 4:00 pm

Don't be a bitch ass hater norf...hater...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 4:05 pm

Robert Rebeck is a recording engineer as well as a producer...I know you think Mike E. Clark is god and everything, but to my knowledge isn't an engineer. ALSO, Strange Music's beats>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Psychopathic. And that's a powell sized FACT buddy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 4:07 pm

Don't be a bitch ass hater N3ro... hater
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 4:08 pm

Wow...it's not that serious lol. MEC is indeed an engineer. I would take him over Rebeck anyday, just for the fact he's also a funk musician.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 6:33 pm

Nobody cares about Strange Music or Psychopathic
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 6:39 pm

halfsharkalligatorhalfman wrote:

You don't listen to much Strange Music do you?
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 6:40 pm

People care more about Strange and Psychopathic more than DJ Krush
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 6:43 pm

Esco wrote:
halfsharkalligatorhalfman wrote:

You don't listen to much Strange Music do you?

Nope.

"People care more about Strange and Psychopathic more than DJ Krush"

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rebeck Quits   Robert Rebeck Quits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Robert Rebeck Quits
Page 1 of 1