Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"

Go down 
+3
Shaun
T. Myers
E. Taylor
7 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" Empty
PostSubject: Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"   Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 8:24 am

I know it's not out yet but there's some cats over on UGHH saying it's been leaked and that it doesn't come close to meeting expectations. I can't buy it til next friday so i hope some of you that buy it Tuesday come here and give us your thoughts. If it doesn't meet expectation i'm going to be very disappointed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"   Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 8:28 am

I wouldn't put much weight on what people at UGHH have to say about this album.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"   Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 8:34 am

I'm picking it up, but expect my opinion to be bias because i'm a huge Kurupt fan. I have no doubt Quik will hold down his end of the project.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"   Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 3:08 pm

UGHH is the Vernon of hip hop forums
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"   Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 3:36 pm

Shon wrote:
UGHH is the Vernon of hip hop forums

So true too, there's a bunch of idiots there. All they do is talk shit, and make threads on how glad J Dilla died of "aids" Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"   Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 3:40 pm

UGHH? That site is still up?
Damn...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"   Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 7:55 pm

It's alright.... Some let downs by both Quik and Kurupt...... Probably a 3.5.....

I think the problem people will have with this album is there expecting mid 90's P-funk with the DPG.......
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"   Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 7:52 pm

Justice wrote:
It's alright.... Some let downs by both Quik and Kurupt...... Probably a 3.5.....

I think the problem people will have with this album is there expecting mid 90's P-funk with the DPG.......

damn dude i was expecting something really good....im probably still gonna pick it up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"   Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 10:02 pm

people at ughh hate dilla and agree hes overrated now that he died? where do i sign up???????
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"   Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 12:03 am

Yo!!! That Quik and Kurupt joint was smooth sailin'!! I'd give it a 4/5. There was a particular song I didn't like on there, and the remix of that joint was weak as well (can't remember the name). Other than those 2 tracks, I thought it was dope. You can tell they experimented with some tracks, and I thought the outcome was good on those. This CD has to be one of the smoothest west coast albums in a long time. IMO, Dre just can't match Quik in terms of production. Quik has a very versatile style that can span over different genres of music. That's why he is one of my top producers of all time. Also, Quik attempted a mobb like style of one of the tracks on the album. The turnout was pretty good on that as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"   Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 12:06 am

LOL, dre not being able to match Quik....lol....
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"   Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 12:19 am

"LOL, dre not being able to match Quik....lol...."

You heard right Steve!! Of course this is my opinion. He just doesn't have the versatility that Quik has man. Besides, if it wasn't for Scott Storch, Chronic 2001 wouldn't have been what it was.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"   Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 12:27 am

I co-sign J. Harris.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"   Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 12:30 am

you would, homo.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"   Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 7:42 am

Quik and Dre are 2 of my favorite producers so i don't really prefer one to the other. As far as albums go, i like "Chronic" and "2001" better than any Quik album but Quik is still dope.
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"   Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 8:15 am

J. Linker of 0nSlaught3r wrote:
I co-sign J. Harris.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"   Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 9:11 am

I was ready to fight you after seeing this topic. I listened to the album, it's still all right, 3.5-3.75 stars, but it was definitely a let down.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"   Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 9:47 am

"i like "Chronic" and "2001" better than any Quik album but Quik is still dope."

I disagree man. Why Dre is still a dope producer, Quik's albums encompass more than just your standard G-funk and gangsta fair. He is a musical genius and can vary his styles in funk, reggae, and electronic genres. I'm sorry, but I have to disagree on that Taylor. Quik will always be the better producer to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"   Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 1:13 pm

Dj Quik mos def.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"   Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 9:15 pm

I got it at 4 stars now, like I said, I was thinking 5 star classic from the tracks that leaked, but this is definitely a dope album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"   Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 5:36 pm

Cosign Steve with the 4 stars. Picked it up today and it is banging... not the classic we all hoped for... Quik and Kurupt focus on the ladies too much IMO but the beats bang and the rhymes are on some cool summertime g-funk... good CD - go pick it up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"   Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"
Page 1 of 1