Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need a recommendation

Go down 
+3
Jason
Shaun
Funk Seoul Brother
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

I need a recommendation Empty
PostSubject: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 5:31 pm

I downloaded a few tracks by Vakill, and I must say I'm impressed! Dude is a BEAST lyrically. His flow is similar to Pharoahe Monch's, and I'm a big Pharoahe fan.

My question is goes out to all Vakill fans, what album of his should I cop first? Holla back!
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 5:45 pm

DL Worst Fears Confirmed
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 5:50 pm

Worst Fears Confirmed.

Which tracks did you hear? The one with Royce, right??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 6:03 pm

About you got off your ass and listened to this, haha. Definitely start with Worst Fears Confirmed. One of the best produced albums of all time, I don't give a fuck what anybody says. Darkest Cloud is more unpolished Vakill, and the beats are no where near as good. Kill 'Em All is a compilation album released from before he hit his stride as a rapper, all his early rarities and B-sides and shit. Only fuck with that one if you are really loving him as a rapper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 6:10 pm

Steve wrote:
About you got off your ass and listened to this, haha. Definitely start with Worst Fears Confirmed. One of the best produced albums of all time, I don't give a fuck what anybody says. Darkest Cloud is more unpolished Vakill, and the beats are no where near as good. Kill 'Em All is a compilation album released from before he hit his stride as a rapper, all his early rarities and B-sides and shit. Only fuck with that one if you are really loving him as a rapper.

Thanks, I'm listening to Worst Fears Confirmed as we speak. So far I'm diggin it. If I love the album, I'll get Darkest Cloud next. I swear though, dude sounds JUST like Pharoahe!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 6:12 pm

LOL, I don't think he sounds like Pharoahe, but it's cool if you do. Vakill is quickly working his way up my ranks, if Armor of God (Dropping this summer according to him) is anywhere near as dope as the last two he's getting into my top 15.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 6:13 pm

I don't see the Pharoahe comparison, either, lol. Maybe if Pharoahe slowed down his flow, then that would be the same. But that's about it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 6:14 pm

He ain't fucking with Royce.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 6:18 pm

Vakill chops royce to pieces sorry guys.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 6:18 pm

...He ... does. Royce is still better, though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 6:20 pm

lol.. vakill is cool but I think Steve is one of his few superfans...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 6:23 pm

Vakill the sickest ever heard, mothafuckin' right I said it and I meant every word!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 6:25 pm

you would think that shon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 6:26 pm

Based on the little I've heard from Vakill, Royce ain't fuckin with him! He'd MURK Royce in a battle!

As for the Pharoahe comparisons, I'm surprised you don't see it. His style and flow are very similar. Maybe not EXACTLY alike, but definitely similar. That song with Slug is a prime example.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 6:29 pm

I don't think that, I was just listening to that song, lol.

Kool John, find 'The King Meets The Sickest'!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 6:29 pm

He sounds nothing like monch to me... but I don't think all black people sound alike so that may be it.

Lyrically and flow wise Royce is eons ahead of Vakill...

Vakill couldn't see Royce with a google map bitch.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 6:32 pm

RoyceJustShootsNines wrote:
He sounds nothing like monch to me... but I don't think all black people sound alike so that may be it.

Lyrically and flow wise Royce is eons ahead of Vakill...

Vakill couldn't see Royce with a google map bitch.
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 6:33 pm

Royce couldn't see Vakill with laser eye surgery!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 6:52 pm

Come on, Kool John, use a different metaphor lol.

Did you listen to the song, yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 7:05 pm

Yeah I heard it, It's a BANGER! I'll admit that your boy Royce did his thing on the track, but I still think Vakill's better overall.

This is a BANGIN ass CD, easily 4.5 stars! Thanks for the rec fellas. I'll peep the Darkest Cloud tommorrow.
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 7:11 pm

Even at his best, Vakill's flow is pretty weak and sloppy compared to Royce, and definitely compared to Pharoahe Monch. Lyrically he would wipe the floor with Royce though. I can hear the Pharoahe Monch comparison with his flow, in the on-beat/off-beat aspect, the cadence, the rhythmic changes, but like I said, with much less control.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 7:14 pm

you're pretty weak and sloppy jason.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 7:33 pm

No homo?
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 9:25 pm

Still haven't heard this yet. Looks like i need to check it out...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 9:31 pm

about time y'all slackers checked this stuff out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 9:56 am

I'm waiting to buy it personally, it's on my list...I like to come in cold on shit I know is gonna be dope so I don't end up disappointed having already heard the material when I should be stoked.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 10:55 am

Buy it now!! Damnit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 10:57 am

As soon as I have doe I will buy it, get off my nuts.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 11:19 am

" get off my nuts."

This coming from the guy who answers my every post
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 11:56 am

I dont see the VaKill, Pharoah comparison and he's not close to Royce. Va is decent.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 12:08 pm

im listening to this for the first time right now....im on the track with Ras and this album is banging i dont know how i slept on this.....

....shit is straight......

I need a recommendation FireWater
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 1:09 pm

So many Makaveli mini-me's in the game it's a fucking outbreak of small pox/pacs
And beef is when everybody is not breathing
so body me not even
Everybody is holding and probably not squeezing
And last year niggaz albums did more flopping then a Vlade Divac season

!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 1:26 pm

No need for the Vlade hate lol. That man was a legend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 3:37 pm

yeah those are some of his sickest bars slang. cant nobody fuck wit vakill
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 3:44 pm

"My approach coach how to pop a bitch melon like Poppovitch fella
Pop pussy that would bring the wood to life like Poppa Jipetto
Speak monestary fluid, my game's gospel
Apostle that turns spit into monetary units"

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 3:50 pm

Are you saying whaaat like it's sick, or whaaat like you don't understand it?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 3:51 pm

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? like it's sick. That second line is one of the best bars ever spit by anyone
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 3:52 pm

yeah his wordplay and metaphors are off the charts.

better than royce bitch!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 4:15 pm

Steve wrote:
yeah his wordplay and metaphors are off the charts.

better than royce bitch!

Co-Sign. No Mercy is my fav track on Worst Fear Confirmed.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 4:35 pm

This is a dope album and just about erry track is fire.. If u haven't heard it check it out NOW!!!

DownLoad Link - Click here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 4:38 pm

vakill's lyrics are top notch...

he just needs a better control of his flow and the whole rhythm rhyme change, and improving that voice would be great. still a top tier lyricist.

pharoahe's my all time favorite and vakill would be honored to be in the same sentence as him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 4:41 pm

you would be honored to be included in a sentence with me!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 5:01 pm

I need a recommendation 708940
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 5:19 pm

i think any fan of the NBA will automatically like this shit he references so many nba themes and there funny as hell too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 10:19 pm

I think I'm gonna get his new one first and then go backwards.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeSat 09 May 2009, 1:43 am

No, get "Worst Fears Confirmed" first. You can't afford to not hear it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeSat 09 May 2009, 9:16 am

I can't afford to hear it, actually.

Is it just me or was there never a more apporpriate thread then Kool John-I Need A Recommendation?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeSat 09 May 2009, 12:02 pm

Imagine if Powell made this exact thread. He wouldn't be the all giver of knowledge anymore
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeSat 09 May 2009, 1:14 pm

I KNOW it'd be a sad day for forums all over the internet...poor poor man.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 8:45 am

What's up C.Tran
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need a recommendation   I need a recommendation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need a recommendation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next