Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favorite summertime albums.

Go down 
+3
Dwight
T. Myers
E. Taylor
7 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Your favorite summertime albums. Empty
PostSubject: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 7:33 pm

Any albums you seem to listen to more in the summer than anytime else? I've got 2 off the top of my head that will be getting some spins soon:

Justice System "Rooftop Soundcheck"
P.U.T.S. "Fun Dmc"

These 2 albums sound great while i'm firing up the grill on the deck and drinking a cold Budweiser.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 7:39 pm

Warren G-Regulate...G Funk Era
Twinz-Conversation
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 7:46 pm

Nice picks Myers. Them 2 work for me as well.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 7:50 pm

Kooley High - The Summer Sessions EP
2nd II None - 2nd II None
Tha Dogg Pound - Dogg Food
The Roots - Do You Want More
Sound Providers - An Evening With The Sound Providers
Antonio Carlos Jobim - Wave (It's not hip-hop, but a great bossa nova album)
Anything by People Under The Stairs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 8:49 pm

Anything by DJ Quik, P.U.T.S., Jurassic 5
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 8:53 pm

Warren G's debut and Dogg Food from the Dogg Pound...I can definitely agree with those 2 choices.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 9:23 pm

Nas- It Was Written
Goodie Mob- Soul Food
Lost Boyz- Legal Drug Money
DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince- Homebase
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 9:44 pm

How is IWW a summertime album? lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 9:49 pm

Shaun wrote:
How is IWW a summertime album? lol

It dropped in July of 1996, and I remember that it was bumpin out of most people cars and cribs throughout that entire summer, many still do to this day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 9:51 pm

So albums that are made in the summer are summertime albums?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 9:55 pm

apparently... this is the guy who says halftime is a club anthem... so take it with a grain of salt..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 10:05 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
apparently... this is the guy who says halftime is a club anthem... so take it with a grain of salt..

There you go hatin on Nas again, jackass!

And IWW is no less of a summer album than anything else listed in this thread. I listed it because I have summer memories of that album. I bump it all year round but especially in the summertime.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 10:11 pm

IWW is NOT a summertime album. Summertime albums light and breezy type of albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 10:18 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

There you go hatin on Nas again, jackass!

And IWW is no less of a summer album than anything else listed in this thread. I listed it because I have summer memories of that album. I bump it all year round but especially in the summertime.

Pointing out that nothing on Illmatic should ever be played in a dance club is not hating on nas, KJ. If you tell me "You Owe Me" or even "Ether" or "Street Dreams" are club anthems I have no problem with that.

IWW is a summer album the same way Lupe Fiasco's The Cool is the perfect Christmas album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 10:25 pm

I'd say If I Ruled The World, The Message, Nas Is Coming, Affirmative Action, and Take It In Blood are pretty chill, laid back tracks.

If only the Street Dreams remix were on the album, that'd even strenghten my case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 10:33 pm

lmao....whatever you say KJ - but the hip-hop nation as a whole says this is NOT a summertime album...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 10:48 pm

Whatever Pedro, You think Cormega is a Top 5 rapper from NYC which most people would disagree with but opinions are like buttholes, everybody has them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 10:51 pm

I think most people who ever heard Cormega would agree with it. So he is a consensus NYC GOAT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 10:59 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I think most people who ever heard Cormega would agree with it. So he is a consensus NYC GOAT.

Hell Naw!!!

Nas, LL Cool J, Kool G Rap, Q-Tip, and Prodigy are 5 MC's from QUEENS that are better than Mega. So he doesn't even make the Top 5 from that borough. Then when you throw Brooklyn, The Bronx, Manhattan, and Staten "Shaolin" Island into the mix, he's buried big time.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 12:49 am

LOL @ Take It In Blood being a laid back track
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 12:58 am

T. Myers wrote:
Twinz-Conversation

T. how are you gonna list those two and not throw in This Is The Shack, Summertime In The LBC is one of the best summer tracks. I'll add Safe & Sound, because of Summer Breeze & Domino's 1st disc is also a good one.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 8:01 am

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Twinz-Conversation

T. how are you gonna list those two and not throw in This Is The Shack, Summertime In The LBC is one of the best summer tracks. I'll add Safe & Sound, because of Summer Breeze & Domino's 1st disc is also a good one.

LOL, i wasn't trying to be greedy. I wanted to leave some other albums for others to choose
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 9:13 am

Whatever. When IWW dropped it was hot as fuck. I remember smoking out in the backyard with that shit. I side with KJ on this. It might not be what most folks think of as a summer album, but association is a strong phenomenon. I love this album in the summer. Coast II Coast, too.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 9:27 am

Manhattan? Aren't the Beastie Boys the only emcees from Manhattan?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 10:09 am

I agree we (my crew) use to bump IWW in the summertime also that album is chill as fuck. Of course not west coast/southern type of chill but I can see it being good for the summer. Now that Lost Boys first album I don't know about that one but their 2nd one is a summer banger also.

But the west coast and south rule for summer point blank.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 10:14 am

It's the heat. Summer's 20 degrees hotter and 3 months longer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 5:05 pm

Big Ups to Parker Lewis and K. Rob for seeing the point that the ignorant jabronies that questioned my pick couldn't.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 5:12 pm

I'm with you on this one KJ, summer of '96 I played this disc out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 5:17 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
I'm with you on this one KJ, summer of '96 I played this disc out.

And Shaw makes 3 co-signs. So the baby (Shaun) the immigrant (SRP) and the sasquatch (Terry) are outnumbered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 5:46 pm

IWW is a good choice for you KJ, good job! You shouldn't be racist though, that is not nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite summertime albums.   Your favorite summertime albums. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favorite summertime albums.
Page 1 of 1