Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Manzel - Midnight Theme

Go down 
+4
Justin Linker
arokone
Shaun
Funk Seoul Brother
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Manzel - Midnight Theme Empty
PostSubject: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 2:26 pm

Manzel is an extremely obscure funk/jazz group from Lexington, Kentucky who had their time int he sun in the 70s. I won't bore you with the rest of their bio and you can read more here...

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:hvfixq90ld0e~T1

Midnight Theme is simply one of the greatest albums ever conceived across all genres. Their sound is so ahead of its time and has timeless quality. This album is already top-5 all-time for me and while that might sound crazy for a clueless 20 year old...its not. Every single song on here is 5 stars and you will not be reaching for the skip button.

If you are a beat-maker or are looking to become one, this album is absolutely essential. I, being the cheap scumbag I am, bought this album after only hearing 2 songs...its that good.

Best song and the one that got me hooked

If Grand Turismo had a soul it would be captured in this song

I don't normally go this over the top for an album but this is one of the few exceptions. Its funny that 2 of my favorite albums have Midnight in their names: this and Midnight Marauders.

Discovering this album right before my birthday was the perfect gift.

If you want a link let me know
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 2:28 pm

Linker will love this.
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 4:21 pm

Link me up Cise..
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 4:27 pm

Me too. This shit is crazy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 5:15 pm

If some of you were capable of ignoring my age you would discover I know quite a bit of good music outside the realms of hip-hop. Nobody listens though...
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 5:26 pm

I listen...
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 5:32 pm

You're one of the few and I thank you. I'm going to start doing more non-hip-hop recs now since I have an audience.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 7:09 pm

Yo Cise this sounds cool, and I'd like a link as well. Also, I'm down with non hip hop recs on this site, and I'd like to do a couple of reviews myself. But first I need to listen to Devil May Cry by Iron Braydz, because I may review that.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 7:19 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
If some of you were capable of ignoring my age you would discover I know quite a bit of good music outside the realms of hip-hop. Nobody listens though...

Link me up man. This shit it tight!

Age has nothing to do with recommendations IMO. You're on pint with the recs for me. We like a lot of the same stuff...
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 7:27 pm

Thanks for the support.

There are a few members here who shoot down my opinion and play the age card every time I have something to say. I'll let those cretins stay in their own boring-ass world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 7:29 pm

Fuck you young ass baby cise - think because you are one year older you are now entitled to your opinion? Think again you fetus.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 7:32 pm

Yeah. You're nothing but a sperm in the world of adults.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 7:34 pm

You're not even a sperm... you're pre-cum
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 7:36 pm

Since there was no indication of that being directed towards anyone, I'm going to assume it was aimed at Cise.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 7:37 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
Thanks for the support.

There are a few members here who shoot down my opinion and play the age card every time I have something to say. I'll let those cretins stay in their own boring-ass world.

Powell? You've rec'ed me more shit (that I've went out and bought) than Powell. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 7:38 pm

Shaun wrote:
Since there was no indication of that being directed towards anyone, I'm going to assume it was aimed at Cise.

Take it how you want to take it, you a young ho as well.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 7:39 pm

Alan wrote:
Cise Starr wrote:
Thanks for the support.

Powell? You've rec'ed me more shit (that I've went out and bought) than Powell. lol

Well, there's not too much for Powell to rec. He'll say "go pick up Raising Hell baby bubba"
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 7:42 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Alan wrote:
Cise Starr wrote:
Thanks for the support.

Well, there's not too much for Powell to rec. He'll say "go pick up Raising Hell baby bubba"

That's basically my point. And I haven't really needed a lesson in old school east coast boom bap in quite a few years, so there's not much there to rec. lol
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 7:43 pm

Alan wrote:

His species is one example.

If I gave you all my recs it would surely put you on the streets lol. Invest some money in DVD rewinders and you should be ok.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 7:48 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
Alan wrote:

His species is one example.

If I gave you all my recs it would surely put you on the streets lol. Invest some money in DVD rewinders and you should be ok.

Wait, DVD rewinders? lol...I'm lost...
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 7:50 pm

Manzel - Midnight Theme Dvd-rewinder
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 7:52 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
Manzel - Midnight Theme Dvd-rewinder

One of the biggest product failures ever.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 8:16 pm

Quote :
Big timesaver, i love it, January 26, 2010
By Douglas J. Butner (Accident, Maryland) - See all my reviews

This review is from: DVD Rewinder
FINALLY!! I have been wasting too much time rewinding my DVDs. My DVD player only goes up to 4x for reverse, so to rewind a 2 hour movie took about 30 minutes. I had a stack I had been too lazy to rewind, but this product went through them in under an hour!

The DVD re-winder saves me hours of time every week! I love it!

The Amazon comedians strike again...lol
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 9:28 pm

Those things are amazing...I'm gonna order one now!
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 7:09 pm

Manzel - Midnight Theme 068

Manzel - Midnight Theme 069

Manzel - Midnight Theme 070

I gotta say after multiple spins this album is still fresh. I love how it comes in a cool digipack with the history of the band and whatnot inside.

If any of yall need a link let me know.
Back to top Go down
Dopebrother
Jump!
Jump!
Dopebrother

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitimeWed 19 Sep 2012, 7:07 am

Acid Jazz Operator wrote:
Manzel - Midnight Theme 068

I gotta say after multiple spins this album is still fresh. I love how it comes in a cool digipack with the history of the band and whatnot inside.

If any of yall need a link let me know.

OK man. Can u upload this CD in lossless format? I find dat album in HQ mo 2 years
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manzel - Midnight Theme   Manzel - Midnight Theme Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manzel - Midnight Theme
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: