Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single

Go down 
+3
Laced With Slang
ACRID"
Justice
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

"The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Empty
PostSubject: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 12:09 pm

Jay Z- arguably the best rapper alive- will release his hotly anticipated album The Blueprint 3 on September 11 this year.

That’s 8 years to the day since he put out his classic disc The Blueprint.

Sources confirmed to MTV.com that rumours of the release date are true. Jay and producer Kanye West have now been working on the album for at least a year.

Jigga’s last LP, the concept record American Gangster, was released in Autumn 2007.

According to reports The Blueprint 3 will be distributed by the Warner Music group after Jay’s recent split from Def Jam. It will be released through the rapper’s own Roc Nation label.

http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/jay-z/news/123914-jay-z-announces-blueprint-3-release

Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 12:11 pm

fuckin' A..im all about the title here....nice track from Hov'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 12:31 pm

This track is complete FIRE. Sounds like another Jay classic on the way.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 12:41 pm

damn NO I.D. and Kanye both did that track thats dope
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 1:01 pm

Damn, let's see if he can follow through on the hype with this one.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 1:05 pm

Lord Emperor N3R0N0N wrote:
Damn, let's see if he can follow through on the hype with this one.

lol i agree, be honest ive never been a huge Jay fan only albums i ever play by him are RD, Blueprint and Black Album, and sometimes In My Lifetime, overall he doesnt get much spin from
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 1:12 pm

Lovin the Apocalypse sig, btw Gambit.

I'm probably i the minority here, but although Reasonable Doubt, Blueprit and American Gangster may be "better" albums, I spin Vol 3 a lot more.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 1:16 pm

American Gangster was pretty good but kinda doesnt have much replay value from me alot like Nas' last two albums....same with Vol. 3 but that has some bangers on it
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 1:57 pm

Lord Emperor N3R0N0N wrote:
Lovin the Apocalypse sig, btw Gambit.

i know you said you havent been keepin up on Messiah War....but the last ish ended with Archangel sparing Apocalypse's life then he gets up and goes...."Lets kill my son together" kinda saw it coming but still cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 2:01 pm

Apoc was talkig about Stryfe then?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 2:03 pm

^ yea sorry, Stryfe is owning everyone else right now Elixir almost had him but no....so Apoc and Angel should be coming for Stryfe next issue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 4:29 pm

At the risk of being called a hater, I'm not feeling this track; it may be one of those tracks that sounds better in the flow of an album, but its an odd choice for a lead single.

i am also on a computer so i havent heard it in my car yet.
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 4:37 pm

Steve wrote:
At the risk of being called a hater, I'm not feeling this track; it may be one of those tracks that sounds better in the flow of an album, but its an odd choice for a lead single.

It's not the official first single..... The first single comes out in July it's called "Off That" feature DRAKE.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 5:00 pm

Justice wrote:
Steve wrote:

It's not the official first single..... The first single comes out in July it's called "Off That" feature DRAKE.

Now that you mention it...it does have a "leaked single vibe" rather than a "radio single vibe"...for obvious reasons(auto-tuning's flooding the air waves..egghhh!)
When i put it this way, it defeats the 'odd choice' argument(steve)...no beef..lol
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 5:10 pm

Wait...

Kanye co-produced this? Isn't this like a huge punch in the face to Kanye?
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 5:31 pm

Shon wrote:
Wait...

Kanye co-produced this? Isn't this like a huge punch in the face to Kanye?

...lmao...ill be goddamn'...youre right...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 8:46 pm

I'm anticipating this one.
Back to top Go down
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 10:07 pm

Kanye said he didnt mind. It's not for everybody. But as for the song the joint is fire.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 3:16 am

Another Sept. 11th release. Lets see if it's anywhere as good as the original Blueprint.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2009, 9:19 am

Esco wrote:
Another Sept. 11th release. Lets see if it's anywhere as good as the original Blueprint.

That date certainly puts alot of pressure on him to release a good product. We'll see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2009, 1:13 pm

lol jay is a bitch hes out there saying kanye and lil waynes albums are great, but hes making a track called death of autotune. he said t pain is talented and sound good. this dude needs to stand up and be a fucking man. instead hes scared to offend anyone.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2009, 9:55 pm

"lol jay is a bitch hes out there saying kanye and lil waynes albums are great, but hes making a track called death of autotune. he said t pain is talented and sound good. this dude needs to stand up and be a fucking man. instead hes scared to offend anyone."

Yeah. That is being very contradictory. Jay is trying to stay relevant, and it shows. The official single featuring Drake?? Geez!! Drake is straight booty, but I guess Jay trying to be relevant is the excuse for the track. I never really was a Jay fan, but the RD album was his best IMO. Nas could care less about trying to stay relevant and Untitled was still a dope album.

Another thing, I think Jay needs to change pace a little on his albums. Grab a beat from Large Pro, RZA, or Marley Marl. Also, feature someone like KRS or MOP. It's like he's too good for that shit now. If I was him, I would definitely try and do that for the sake of real hip hop and not some fucking T-Pain.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:01 am

"Nas could care less about trying to stay relevant and Untitled was still a dope album.

Nas did a song with Rick Ross called Maybach Music....
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 10:25 am

"Nas did a song with Rick Ross called Maybach Music...."

Whoops!! I forgot about that one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 10:28 am

He also made an album called Nastradamus? Maybe you've heard it.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 10:34 am

"He also made an album called Nastradamus? Maybe you've heard it."

Yeah, I remember that one. I haven't listened to that one since it came out.
Back to top Go down
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 11:56 am

Jay explained the record, he not dissing Auto tunes. He dissing the folks that use it because they have no talent. He feels if your only using it because have no talent then you need to stop rapping or singing or step your game up. He feels Ye(Producer, good rapper), T-Pain(song writter, Producer), and Wayne(was a alright rapper) have talent. So thats the biz, you can take it and destroy it or understand it. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:00 pm

Zuri I can over-explain hypocritical statements too.

Nas saying hip hop is dead on a hip hop record isn't contradictory because ACTUALLY it was just a marketing tool. He's not hating on anybody (especially not his homeboy Rick Ross) he's just saying that hip hop is dead because those fat white guys in suits he always bitches about want hip hop to be co-opted and pioneers saying it's dead is a good step in that direction. Nas isn't a hypocrite or a sell out or a culture traitor, he's just doing what makes the most business sense for him. Kinda like him saying the n-word on his singles knowing that white kids somewhere are singing a long and then going on to chastise 60-70% of his fans! No hypocrisy there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single   "The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"The Blueprint 3" Release date and first single
Page 1 of 1