Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roc Marciano?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
booerns
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
booerns

Roc Marciano? Empty
PostSubject: Roc Marciano?   Roc Marciano? Icon_minitimeFri 21 May 2010, 4:18 pm

Anybody know anything about this guy? I just saw a review raving about his album marcberg, and I checked him out on a youtube a bit and he sounded dope. I had never heard of this guy at all before though. Anyone know anything/is the album worth picking up?

Here is the track a listened to:
Back to top Go down

Roc Marciano? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roc Marciano?   Roc Marciano? Icon_minitimeFri 21 May 2010, 11:33 pm

I've already answered this question...twice. But he's from U.N., he's a producer and a rapper. His flow is definitely on some Prodigy shit, and his lyrics range from awful to pretty fucking dope. Marcberg is dec, but nothing amazing. Much like Access Immortal and Oktober's albums this year, there are some dope moments but nothing that lives up to the hype IMO. He beats are pretty dope overall, though.
Back to top Go down

Roc Marciano? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roc Marciano?   Roc Marciano? Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 1:09 am

Did you peep his album?
Back to top Go down
booerns
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
booerns

Roc Marciano? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roc Marciano?   Roc Marciano? Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 2:00 pm

Not yet. I still think I am going to, but I gots to make some money first. I'm behind on cds this year and there seems to be a bunch this summer, but I get paid in like a week and then I'll probably pick up this and a bunch of other stuff
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Roc Marciano? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roc Marciano?   Roc Marciano? Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 8:18 pm

The album is straight heat. The album exhibits a pimp type concept, and it flows well throughout. Make sure to peep the album.
Back to top Go down

Roc Marciano? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roc Marciano?   Roc Marciano? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 12:18 am

J. Harris wrote:
The album is straight heat. The album exhibits a pimp type concept, and it flows well throughout. Make sure to peep the album.

Yeah, the pimp thing really wore thin on me, especially after the way he's presented himself previously. I think the whole Cam'Ron co-sign has kinda fucked up his image. Just my opinion though, I'm sure some people will like this style better.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Roc Marciano? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roc Marciano?   Roc Marciano? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 12:22 pm

Cam co-signed him? lol. Didn't know that. That's odd.
Back to top Go down

Roc Marciano? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roc Marciano?   Roc Marciano? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 1:35 pm

Dude, Roc Marciano is in the UN. As "UN or U Out?" and they just put out a UN record with Cam'Ron.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Roc Marciano? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roc Marciano?   Roc Marciano? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 10:49 am

I thought he was in the UN with Edo G. man. They put out an album with Pete Rock correct?
Back to top Go down

Roc Marciano? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roc Marciano?   Roc Marciano? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 12:43 pm

I don't know about Edo.G, honestly, I didn't really know who he was when I spun that UN cd (which I never bought). But "UN or U Out" has 3 Pete Rock tracks? It's not "with" Pete Rock, but he did a few beats. Also, Cam just put out an album with a group called "The U.N." and I assumed it was the same group.

http://www.amazon.com/CamRon-U-N-Presents-Heat-Here/dp/B0039OC0T8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1275928950&sr=8-1

I have no interest in hearing that see if I'm wrong or not.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Roc Marciano? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roc Marciano?   Roc Marciano? Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 11:48 am

UN or U Out is the group with Roc Marciano/Edo. G. Totally different group. Marciano is not affiliated with Cam at all. Here is the link to UN or U Out:

http://www.amazon.com/Un-U-Out-U-N/dp/B0002CHJVO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1276011980&sr=8-1

Majority of the tracks I believe are produced by Marciano and Pete Rock.
Back to top Go down

Roc Marciano? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roc Marciano?   Roc Marciano? Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 11:52 am

Yeah I've heard that album. I assumed it was the same group, sir.
Back to top Go down

Roc Marciano? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roc Marciano?   Roc Marciano? Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 11:53 am

OK, Harris is right in that The U.N. that Cam'ron is pushing is his own new group like a new version diplomats, nothing to do with Roc marciano - but Harris, where are you pulling Ed. OG for the original UN? I can find nowhere that says Ed is even affiliated with the group let alone in the group... you should double check those facts or show me where.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Roc Marciano? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roc Marciano?   Roc Marciano? Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 8:34 pm

I could've been mistaken man. I keep throwing Edo. G's name out because there is an album called Underground Classics by Pete Rock with Ed and The UN on it. Excuse my mistake with that.
Back to top Go down

Roc Marciano? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roc Marciano?   Roc Marciano? Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 9:39 pm

It's no biggie, but I think they were just featured on that album but they are not affiliated... I wonder if the original UN has a problem with Cam?
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Roc Marciano? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roc Marciano?   Roc Marciano? Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 10:26 pm

Yeah, I would like to know that as well. I guess Cam thought there would be nothing wrong with jackin names.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roc Marciano? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roc Marciano?   Roc Marciano? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roc Marciano?
Page 1 of 1