Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst NBA playoffs in history

Go down 
+4
D.Powell
E. Taylor
Funk Seoul Brother
T. Myers
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Worst NBA playoffs in history Empty
PostSubject: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 11:13 am

These are the worst NBA playoffs in history (or at least since I've been alive). Unless you're a Laker or Celtic fan, there's nothing to be excited about.

In the first round, there was only ONE seven game series (Hawks/Bucks). Three out of four of the second round series ended in sweeps. And the Eastern and Western Conference finals look like they're gonna end in sweeps as well.

Anybody who says the NBA is the best sports league going today in INSANE. They can't compete with the NFL on ANY level, or even MLB for that matter. Today's NBA is a far cry from the 80's and 90's.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 11:20 am

Co-sign, the NBA will never be more than my 3rd favorite sport, and these playoffs have been boring and anti-climatic. I have to hope the Lakers will have a better showing in the finals this year than they did 2 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 11:29 am

The Thunder provided an interesting series. I still think the NBA is the best sports league because I'm a die-hard roundball fan. Football has lost nearly all of its appeal in recent years for me. I used to be hardcore into it but I really don't care much for it anymore.

But yes these playoffs have been woeful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 12:53 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
The Thunder provided an interesting series. I still think the NBA is the best sports league because I'm a die-hard roundball fan. Football has lost nearly all of its appeal in recent years for me. I used to be hardcore into it but I really don't care much for it anymore.

But yes these playoffs have been woeful.

I love the sport of basketball, but today's NBA really sucks. Most of the teams don't bring it on a nightly basis like they did in the past. You've got under .500 teams making the playoffs. Teams that do well in the regular season look like shit in the postseason. And a bunch of guys that seem to care more about their individual stats than winning. It's horrible.

In the NFL there's a competitive balance. Every game matters, and there's at least a half dozen teams that one can make a case for winning the championship, not so much in the NBA. Football is far more exciting.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 1:21 pm

I can see your point. You grew up watching perhaps the greatest days of basketball while I unfortunately wasn't able to witness it. I agree that it all seems to be about stats/breaking records as opposed to winning and whatnot.

You are right about the NFL. There are always a few title contenders each year and the games do have more meaning.

Maybe I'll get back into football in time. Right now I'm in a transitional stage trying to find a new team. That may be my problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 1:32 pm

Personally I think it's asinine to compare the NBA playoffs with the NFL when that's a one and done series. If the NFL weren't such an obviously physically straining sport, and it were possible to have 7 game series every year, the same shit would happen. I'm sorry the Nets or Knicks or whoever you like SUCK this year, but get the fuck over it. This is just like your opinions on hip hop. If you don't have a pony in the race, fuck it. Well, my dude, there are millions of other people on the planet and we all have different tastes.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 1:37 pm

The emergence of Rondo has been entertaining to me. Not just because i'm a Kentucky fan either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 2:05 pm

Yeah, man, overall I've been surprised by what's unfolded in some of these match-ups. I really thought the Magic had some kind of shot...Pheonix, too, but to a lesser degree.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 2:26 pm

CO-SIGNAGE KJ

the baseball play-offs the past few years has surpassed the NBA IMO in the excitement factor...and the N.F.L. remains number one IMO...that is the way the play-offs should be played and every single year the teams in the N.F.L bring it..

hopefully the NBA will get back some level of excitement once this free agent class has finished moving around...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 2:32 pm

smh @ baseball being more exciting than anything
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 2:37 pm

Come on Shaun you've never even seen a baseball game in your entire 16 years on this planet man..so you have no idea what your saying man Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 2:39 pm

I've been to/watched/played in many a baseball game, good sir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 3:55 pm

Maybe the knicks and other suck ass teams need to do more to be competitive and things will get better.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 4:05 pm

N3R0N0N Of 0nslaught3r wrote:
Personally I think it's asinine to compare the NBA playoffs with the NFL when that's a one and done series. If the NFL weren't such an obviously physically straining sport, and it were possible to have 7 game series every year, the same shit would happen. I'm sorry the Nets or Knicks or whoever you like SUCK this year, but get the fuck over it. This is just like your opinions on hip hop. If you don't have a pony in the race, fuck it. Well, my dude, there are millions of other people on the planet and we all have different tastes.

KJ can correct me if i'm wrong, but his frustration is from the complete lack of competition of these playoff series. Orlando sewpt 2 teams. Miami was no match for Boston. Boston manhandled the Lebrons for most of last round. Cleveland took care of Chicago very easily. Now Boston is destroying Orlando. It makes the games very difficult to watch and enjoy. The only series worth a damn in the entire eastern conference so far has been the Bucks/Hawks series. Now we got the western conference. SA took care of Dallas in a somewhat interesting series, Utah/Denver wasn't as close as people would think. Deron Williams owned Billups and that entire series. Phoenix/Portland series was far from great. at least LA/OKC offered some excitement. Now rd 2 was a complete disappointment considering both series ended in a sweep, and now phoenix is down by 2 games too. The fact of the matter is there has been next to no excitement or intrigue thus far, and this is where the NBA is suppose to shine. What makes it even worse is that these NBA playoffs are overlapping the NHL playoffs, and those playoffs are blowing the NBA out of the water. I'm not sure how you were able to discern that KJ was upset because the Knicks weren't a part of the playoffs.

Last edited by T. Myers on Sun 23 May 2010, 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 4:10 pm

"What makes it even worse is that these NBA playoffs are overlapping the NHL playoffs, and those playoffs are blowing the NBA out of the water. "

Indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 5:02 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Maybe the knicks and other suck ass teams need to do more to be competitive and things will get better.

The Knicks didn't even make the playoffs SRP so they're not even in the discussion.

Your precious Mavericks did though, and what did they do? Choke as usual.

My point is that other than the Celtics and Lakers, the rest of the league looks like a joke right now because there's no competitive balance. When you've got mad sweeps in the playoffs and only one seven game series, there's something seriously wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 5:10 pm

Terry Myers actually saw my complete point, this is a Kodac moment Big Grin

And as usual N3R0, you missed it. While I wish the Knicks were better, this topic WAS NOT about them, Jeff. It was about the league as a whole. I saw you say in chat one time that you've watched zero minutes of NBA this year, so you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. But what else is new? The Giants didn't make the NFL playoffs this year, and I still watched football faithfully because of the competitive balance.

I brought this up because the league as a whole looks like complete and total dogshit compared to the Lakers and Celtics. The majority of the other teams haven't even been competitive. Nobody wants to see bad basketball. I can understand a team being better than another, but just to go out there uninspired is unacceptable. While I don't think the NBA will be as good as the NFL anytime soon, I hope it gets better than this next season.

Once again though, big ups to Terry for seeing my point. Have a plate of wings on me big fella.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 8:13 pm

"Unless you're a Laker or a Celtic fan" seems like crying to me. I understand your points, Terry, but that's not what I got out of it.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 8:34 pm

"Unless you're a Laker or a Celtic fan" seems like crying to me. I understand your points, Terry, but that's not what I got out of it.

no, he's saying only a Laker fan would love their series being a 2-0 lead, and only a Celtics fan would love them being up 3-0.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 9:11 pm

Or Phoenix/Magic haters?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 9:16 pm

Or Phoenix/Magic haters?

yeah, maybe to a lesser extent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 9:18 pm

I'm sure Tran is enjoying their whooping, regardless.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010, 3:40 am

In yo face, Acrid!
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010, 8:49 am

Football has lost nearly all of its appeal in recent years for me. I used to be hardcore into it but I really don't care much for it anymore.

your on dope, Cise
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010, 8:50 am

Shaun wrote:
In yo face, Acrid!

suck it shaun...suck it
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010, 1:09 pm

The Homie, Acrid wrote:
Football has lost nearly all of its appeal in recent years for me. I used to be hardcore into it but I really don't care much for it anymore.

your on dope, Cise
I used to be able to watch any football game and be entertained. Now its quite the opposite.

Like I said earlier its partially due to me not having a team to root for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010, 2:25 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

The Knicks didn't even make the playoffs SRP so they're not even in the discussion.

My point is that other than the Celtics and Lakers, the rest of the league looks like a joke right now because there's no competitive balance. When you've got mad sweeps in the playoffs and only one seven game series, there's something seriously wrong.

Actually the Knicks and Mavs are both my "precious" teams, so suck on that bitch boy.

You missed my point... you have all these franchising wasting money, management is shit, you've got the same old fools and former players given chances to run teams to the ground and these franchises are content to hope for the lottery pick or dump and give up on an entire season for some salary cap space.

Sure, sometimes that's the only option, but the league needs to step in more often to put these teams in check. If you are going to own a team and not be competitive then you shouldn't be allowed in the league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010, 2:31 pm

T. Myers wrote:

no, he's saying only a Laker fan would love their series being a 2-0 lead, and only a Celtics fan would love them being up 3-0.

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying. Although the Suns won yesterday, that'll likely be the only game they win.

And Jeff, you're a lost cause. Most children have better comprehension skills than you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010, 2:37 pm

Really? Explain to me why e=mc2. Please. Or tell me if Scrodinger's Cat is dead or alive. Can't? Okay, keep your fucking mouth shut.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010, 3:53 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Actually the Knicks and Mavs are both my "precious" teams, so suck on that bitch boy.

You missed my point... you have all these franchising wasting money, management is shit, you've got the same old fools and former players given chances to run teams to the ground and these franchises are content to hope for the lottery pick or dump and give up on an entire season for some salary cap space.

Sure, sometimes that's the only option, but the league needs to step in more often to put these teams in check. If you are going to own a team and not be competitive then you shouldn't be allowed in the league.

I've never seen or heard you show the Knicks (even the Ewing-led teams) any love bitch boy.

I realize that management is the reason why a lot of teams suck, but to win 50-60 games in the regular season only to put up a piss-poor performance in the playoffs is pathetic. When that happens, it comes down to a lack of mental toughness. The NBA clearly lacks parity more than any other league right now because guys care more about money and stats than winning.

And N3R0, you're a joke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010, 3:57 pm

I'm a joke, but everybody laughs at you. You do know the definition of irony, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010, 4:04 pm

^^^^Clear case of the pot calling the kettle black
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010, 4:11 pm

I love the knicks KJ, don't you ever say otherwise or I will personally whoop your ass.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010, 4:21 pm

I stylez on KJ...cuz I'm iz a G
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010, 5:46 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I love the knicks KJ, don't you ever say otherwise or I will personally whoop your ass.

Fool please, I'd whoop you like a runaway slave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010, 5:57 pm

You wouldn't stand a chance KJ.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010, 6:02 pm

I haven't been in a fight in over a decade, but I haven't forgotten how. I've knocked out guys much bigger than me, so there's no reason to believe that I couldn't either knock you out or make you tap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010, 6:22 pm

Now you gonna tap me out? We all know you would just copy some wrestling moves you saw on TV and then go crying home after you woke up from the knockout.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010, 7:01 pm

You underestimate me Pedro. I took Judo back in the days, and I know a number of armbars and takedown techniques, and my knuckle game is vicious. I don't think you can see me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010, 7:09 pm

KJ, I spent my whole life in the streets amongst hungry dogs fighting to just stay alive. You took some classes as a kid, it won't help you when I pull out a 2 foot pipe and start swinging.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010, 7:28 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
You underestimate me Pedro. I took Judo back in the days, and I know a number of armbars and takedown techniques, and my knuckle game is vicious. I don't think you can see me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 11:55 pm

Yeah so much for these playoffs being bad...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 12:04 am

Indeed, Cise.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 8:42 am

Cise Starr wrote:
Yeah so much for these playoffs being bad...

Well, they are still bad IMO. Last nights game, and Game 3 in Phoenix are what they are. Game 6 in Boston and Game 5 in LA are gonna determine if these two series are going to be good or bad IMO. However, there is no denying that these playoffs are a little more enjoyable than they were when this thread was created.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 2:44 pm

Playoffs have been great from what I can tell. I'm actually watching the games , though...not watching box scores or looking at outcomes.

The games that Orlando won against Boston we're great games. How anyone can call any series involving PHO boring is beyond me. There are maybe 2 teams in the league that are more fun to watch IMO.

The team that the NBA promotes (see: dick rides) the most is out, so the sheep that Stern has to program every year are disappointed. To me, these playoffs are awesome. The NFL playoffs are just as predictable if not more so. Throw their best teams out in there in the first round...see if the outcome ain't just as predictable. The only real surprises come during the NHL playoffs. Baseball is predictable too.

Just because a team gets swept doesn't mean the series wasn't interesting...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst NBA playoffs in history   Worst NBA playoffs in history Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst NBA playoffs in history
Page 1 of 1