Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is It Hip Hop Or Not?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Is It Hip Hop Or Not? Empty
PostSubject: Is It Hip Hop Or Not?   Is It Hip Hop Or Not? Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 9:29 pm

With a myriad of releases this year sitting on the fence as to what they want to classify themselves as genre-wise, I was wondering...what do you consider hip hop?

The releases for the record are (you don't have to state your opinion on them, just sharing, I guess)

Krizz Kaliko-Shock Treatment
Travis McCoy-Lazarus
B.O.B.-Adventures Of Bobby Ray
Camu Tao-King Of Hearts
Drake-Thank Me Later
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Is It Hip Hop Or Not?   Is It Hip Hop Or Not? Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 9:46 pm

N3R0N0N Of 0nslaught3r wrote:
With a myriad of releases this year sitting on the fence as to what they want to classify themselves as genre-wise, I was wondering...what do you consider hip hop?

The releases for the record are (you don't have to state your opinion on them, just sharing, I guess)

Krizz Kaliko-Shock Treatment
Travis McCoy-Lazarus
B.O.B.-Adventures Of Bobby Ray
Camu Tao-King Of Hearts
Drake-Thank Me Later

The only one I've heard is BoB and excluding a few moments it's definitely not hip hop. He attempts to obtain crossover audiences by making his album as non-hip hop as possible. Pretty boring as a result. I guess it's cool that he can play guitar?
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Is It Hip Hop Or Not?   Is It Hip Hop Or Not? Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 11:23 am

Yeah, that B.o.B didn't captivate me at all. Regardless of the fact that it's more pop than hip hop, I figured it would be that special anyway. I'm just eager to hear the Camo Tao. As for Krizz's album, I never got into his solo stuff. He just seems better off doing features with Tech.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is It Hip Hop Or Not?   Is It Hip Hop Or Not? Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 11:33 am

J. Harris wrote:
Yeah, that B.o.B didn't captivate me at all. Regardless of the fact that it's more pop than hip hop, I figured it would be that special anyway. I'm just eager to hear the Camo Tao. As for Krizz's album, I never got into his solo stuff. He just seems better off doing features with Tech.

Krizz' last album had rock and reggae stuff on it, aside from the midwestern raps and smooth R&B shit he's known for. He's supposed to be going even further left field on the new one, and I can't wait for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is It Hip Hop Or Not?   Is It Hip Hop Or Not? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is It Hip Hop Or Not?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: