Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Congrats to Brother Ali..........

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Congrats to Brother Ali.......... Empty
PostSubject: Congrats to Brother Ali..........   Congrats to Brother Ali.......... Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 10:07 am

For making my top 40 fav rappers of all time. It has been a decent journey but he finally made it. He is now in the company of other greats on my list like Black Thought, Common, Cee-lo, Z-Ro, Heavy D, Cube, etc etc......

I have not heard one even near average album from the man and lyrically he just has a way with words and painting pictures. His delivery is unique and his voice is a go. Welcome Mr. Ali, welcome.

To celebrate this day can we rank his discog?

Us- 4.5
The Truth Is Here- 4.5
Undisputed Truth- 4.5
Shadows On The Sun- 4.25
Champion- 4.0-4.25
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Brother Ali..........   Congrats to Brother Ali.......... Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 10:10 am

Congratulations Brother Ali!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Brother Ali..........   Congrats to Brother Ali.......... Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 10:25 am

LOL! Congrats i suppose. I co-sign your ranking except for Shadows. It's a classic IMO.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Brother Ali..........   Congrats to Brother Ali.......... Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 11:24 am

Shadows On the Sun. 5 stars
Undisputed Truth. 4.5
Us. 3.5
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Brother Ali..........   Congrats to Brother Ali.......... Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 1:19 pm

Only one I disagree with KRob on is "Shadows". I'd give that one a 4.5-4.75.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Brother Ali..........   Congrats to Brother Ali.......... Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 10:48 pm

Shadows On The Sun - 5
The Truth Is Here - 4.75
Us - 4.5
Undisputed Truth - 4.5
Champion - 4.0
Rites Of Passage - 3.25
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Brother Ali..........   Congrats to Brother Ali.......... Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 8:58 am

Ain't Rites Of Passage basically songs from Shadows On The Sun and a few on Champion? I can't never find that album.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Brother Ali..........   Congrats to Brother Ali.......... Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 10:19 am

I dl'd it yesterday day off of Taringa! while I was looking for the other two. I didn't get into it too much, but it's got a nice sound. I didn't immediately recognize anything from Shadows. I wasn't thinking about it, either, though. I still need Champion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Brother Ali..........   Congrats to Brother Ali.......... Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 10:29 am

Taringa? Is that a file sharing site I assume? Did you have to use a search engine or is it on the home page or something?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Brother Ali..........   Congrats to Brother Ali.......... Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 10:30 am

Rites Of Passage is a really low quality demo and contains nothing off any of his later albums.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Brother Ali..........   Congrats to Brother Ali.......... Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 10:50 am

Taringa! is an "information sharing" community. It's huge. They have an internal search engine.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Brother Ali..........   Congrats to Brother Ali.......... Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 6:44 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Ain't Rites Of Passage basically songs from Shadows On The Sun and a few on Champion? I can't never find that album.

No. It's a completely different album.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Brother Ali..........   Congrats to Brother Ali.......... Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 6:49 pm

N3R0N0N Of 0nslaught3r wrote:
Rites Of Passage is a really low quality demo and contains nothing off any of his later albums.

It is low quality. I wouldn't really call it a demo. It's a full album of original material. Mostly produced by Brother Ali himself. Mad Son from the Unknown Prophets actually makes an appearance. As does Desdamona (of local "fame"...). Neither are they that great.

The best song on the album is "Nine Double Em" IMO. Just a good story about Ali unknowingly (until the end of the song) shooting and murdering his cousin. You'd like it Kev....gangsta shit. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Brother Ali..........   Congrats to Brother Ali.......... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Congrats to Brother Ali..........
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: