Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings (ATTN: Parker/Kid Joe)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings (ATTN: Parker/Kid Joe) Empty
PostSubject: Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings (ATTN: Parker/Kid Joe)   Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings (ATTN: Parker/Kid Joe) Icon_minitimeSun 30 May 2010, 10:21 am

So, I can't tell you how incredibly fantastic "Naturally" is. Probably played it 3-4x as much since we last spoke about it. The album is flawless. One of my roommates in particular is also completely hooked on it and can't stop playing it. Pretty much everyone I play it for loves it - no matter what genre they prefer most.

All that said, I forgot which album (and thread) to buy next from the group. Do you got all their albums? Could you rank them maybe? Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings (ATTN: Parker/Kid Joe)   Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings (ATTN: Parker/Kid Joe) Icon_minitimeSun 30 May 2010, 12:51 pm

Don't they have a new album out? I saw it at Target but took a pass. I need to get up on this group. They were recommended to me years ago and I never got around to it.

I do remember liking everything I've heard from them, though...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings (ATTN: Parker/Kid Joe)   Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings (ATTN: Parker/Kid Joe) Icon_minitimeSun 30 May 2010, 1:44 pm

There is no ranking. They're all 5 star albums. No shit. I'll just give a brief description and a song I feel summarizes.

Dap Dippin With The Dap-Kings is the most funky of their albums. It's a live album. Which, if you know you're soul, can be the best situation or the worst. It's perfect here.