Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Urban Species - Listen

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Urban Species - Listen Empty
PostSubject: Urban Species - Listen   Urban Species - Listen Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 5:38 pm

Continuing along the lines of my previous reviews, here is another British gem. The group Urban Species is a duo who collabs with anyone with a pulse and rhythm. For those who were turned off my the jazziness of JTQ, here is a more hip hop oriented group. Supposedly they sound like Arrested Development and I can see a bit but don't let it taint your perception of them. This group has attained cult status throughout Europe and its a real shame Americans haven't caught to them.

This album, along with their next, is very brief but an album's length should not be a benchmark of sorts as this shines. Varying styles and twangs, like Arrested, characterize this group. Once I heard 1 song from them I bought both their albums because they are that good. As you can see from my reviews I tend to go over the top a little to take my word with a grain of salt.

My fellow West Indians will love this one as well as a guitar aficionado

My country folk please crawl out of the woodwork and listen to this

I see you out there jazz heads

This album is super cheap so def give it a look.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Urban Species - Listen   Urban Species - Listen Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 1:00 am

"Supposedly they sound like Arrested Development and I can see a bit but don't let it taint your perception of them"

LOL
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Urban Species - Listen   Urban Species - Listen Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 7:15 pm

Urban Species - Listen 064

Urban Species - Listen 065

Like Blanket, this album has pretty much retained its original rating. Only downside to both albums is that they are short.

If you need a link let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urban Species - Listen   Urban Species - Listen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Urban Species - Listen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: