Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Urban Species - Blanket

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Urban Species - Blanket Empty
PostSubject: Urban Species - Blanket   Urban Species - Blanket Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 5:48 pm

Piggybacking my previous threads this is Urban's final album and its sure is a dandy. If you somehow managed to like my previous posts this shouldn't disappoint. While this isn't quite the same as Listen its certainly a great album. This group's unique sound led me to discover a bunch of other groups and subsequently I have a bunch of reviews to go.

So smooth...so moving....timeless

Rolling bass lines are fun

Reminds me of Fort Minor

There's a song on there on there called religion and politics. That song is so good and its a shame I can't find it...shucks

Anywho I think you all will enjoy this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Urban Species - Blanket   Urban Species - Blanket Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 7:02 pm

Yo Cise thats some dope stuff. Real smooth and creative. I know I couldn't bump them in the ride because i'll fall alseep to this but for maxing at the crib I could try it. Is all their shit that slow though? Are they from the UK? Real fucking sad shit like this does not see the light of day on mainstream radio.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Urban Species - Blanket   Urban Species - Blanket Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 9:14 pm

Appreciate the shout Kev. The tempos of their stuff is pretty varying but I guess you could say a lot of it is slower.

Yeah they are from the UK.

Yeah its a shame this stuff don't get shine but underground heads show this mad love.

Anyone who needs a link let me know.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Urban Species - Blanket   Urban Species - Blanket Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 9:59 pm

Hey Cise, I'm glad you posted this. A lot of people aren't too up on acid jazz nor trip hop. I've been digging that stuff for years.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Urban Species - Blanket   Urban Species - Blanket Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 10:52 pm

Word. You are a man of good taste. I'm pissed I didn't hear about this stuff sooner.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Urban Species - Blanket   Urban Species - Blanket Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 7:13 pm

Urban Species - Blanket 066

Urban Species - Blanket 067

After a few spins this album has pretty much retained my original rating. Its a shame a group like this faded out because the vibes on this album are still groovy.

If you need a link hit me up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urban Species - Blanket   Urban Species - Blanket Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Urban Species - Blanket
Page 1 of 1