Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remember this album (A spoken word)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Remember this album (A spoken word) Empty
PostSubject: Remember this album (A spoken word)   Remember this album (A spoken word) Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 11:53 pm

I thought I had made my intentions clear on why I started this thread, but after a few comments in the last thread, respectively, I've decided to make them clear again. The basic point of this thread was to essentially highlight albums that maybe forgotten, or you can albums we don't really talk about anymore, whether they're overlooked, underlooked, over or underrated, disappointing, etc. These album selections are totally random, and with all due respect, it's not about the quality of said albums, but rather "remembering them". There are some albums I could nominate, but chances are we'll all remember them. So instead of focusing on the "quality" of albums solely for this thread, just keep in mind it's all about whether you remember the selected album or not, and if so, your thoughts. That's all. And before I forget, it was also mentioned that when it comes to hip hop, I may have "limited exposure", even as a long time fan, which I'am. Well in a sense that may be true, but remember, not only am I an "east coast head" through and through, but I'm also a highly selective person when it comes to my music.

Last edited by Wayne on Sat 05 Jun 2010, 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album (A spoken word)   Remember this album (A spoken word) Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 12:02 am

Keep doing what you do Wayne. I think you've found a niche with this stuff. Every single album you've nominated is new to me so this is a learning experience. I like this thread concept.

Regardless of where these albums come from I'm interested in unearthing a gem or two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album (A spoken word)   Remember this album (A spoken word) Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 12:05 am

Cise Starr wrote:
Keep doing what you do Wayne. I think you've found a niche with this stuff. Every single album you've nominated is new to me so this is a learning experience. I like this thread concept.

Regardless of where these albums come from I'm interested in unearthing a gem or two.

I certainly will!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album (A spoken word)   Remember this album (A spoken word) Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 12:06 am

You contradict yourself. You tell us to talk about our thoughts, do we remember, overrated, underrated, and then you say don't focus on the quality?

It is inherent in remembering music to focus on the quality, whether it left a lasting impression, whether it coincides with any memories.

I think a better spoken word would be for you to tell people to respectful of opinions even if they are not the same as your own.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album (A spoken word)   Remember this album (A spoken word) Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 12:10 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
You contradict yourself. You tell us to talk about our thoughts, do we remember, overrated, underrated, and then you say don't focus on the quality?

It is inherent in remembering music to focus on the quality, whether it left a lasting impression, whether it coincides with any memories.

I think a better spoken word would be for you to tell people to respectful of opinions even if they are not the same as your own.

I get what you're saying. I didn't mean for it to be tied to "memories" per se, but, as I mentioned, do you remember this album? If so, your thoughts. That's all I'm saying. Not trying to be contradictory. It was the "need to nominate better albums" comment that prompted me to create this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album (A spoken word)   Remember this album (A spoken word) Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 12:13 am

Well, I just think it would be better for you just to state what exact comments you took offense to in the fugees thread, or what direction you didn't like. It's your thread so you can restrict it to what you want, but you just have to be clear and not vague as to what you want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album (A spoken word)   Remember this album (A spoken word) Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 12:19 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Well, I just think it would be better for you just to state what exact comments you took offense to in the fugees thread, or what direction you didn't like. It's your thread so you can restrict it to what you want, but you just have to be clear and not vague as to what you want.

Oh, no offense was taken.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album (A spoken word)   Remember this album (A spoken word) Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 12:21 am

It doesn't have to be offense. I'm just trying to convey to you that when I read this post I had no clue what you are talking about. So you have to pinpoint exactly what type of commentary you are trying to avoid in your thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album (A spoken word)   Remember this album (A spoken word) Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 12:24 am

I like what you're doing Wayne. You've been contributing to this forum bigtime and you're a gentleman. I definitely appreciate that. Your thread is a great idea because you've dug some lost albums out of the crates.

As for the quality, some have been dope and others not so much. But it's still fun to talk about them nonetheless. Like that Melvin Flynt NORE album for example. That album sucked SOOOO bad but I still enjoyed discussing how wack it was. Whenever that album comes to mind, I immediately think of what he said on the CNN reunion album about how he dropped a half assed album because his father had died around the time he was recording it and his heart wasn't really into making music at the time. I respected the fact that he was honest about how wack it was and the reason for it.

I especially loved that you brought up Uptown Saturday Night by Camp Lo. That's one of the most underrated classics of all time IMO.

There's a few albums that I'd love to see debated if you're open to suggestions, but definitely keep that thread going, it's awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album (A spoken word)   Remember this album (A spoken word) Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 12:27 am

KJ Styles wrote:
I like what you're doing Wayne. You've been contributing to this forum bigtime and you're a gentleman. I definitely appreciate that. Your thread is a great idea because you've dug some lost albums out of the crates.

As for the quality, some have been dope and others not so much. But it's still fun to talk about them nonetheless. Like that Melvin Flynt NORE album for example. That album sucked SOOOO bad but I still enjoyed discussing how wack it was. Whenever that album comes to mind, I immediately think of what he said on the CNN reunion album about how he dropped a half assed album because his father had died around the time he was recording it and his heart wasn't really into making music at the time. I respected the fact that he was honest about how wack it was and the reason for it.

I especially loved that you brought up Uptown Saturday Night by Camp Lo. That's one of the most underrated classics of all time IMO.

There's a few albums that I'd love to see debated if you're open to suggestions, but definitely keep that thread going, it's awesome.

"As for the quality, some have been dope and others not so much. But it's still fun to talk about them nonetheless". Exactly KJ! And I stay keeping it gentleman! And I'm always open to suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album (A spoken word)   Remember this album (A spoken word) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remember this album (A spoken word)
Page 1 of 1