Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AOTP - The Unholy Terror

Go down 
+5
Shaun
E. Taylor
T. Myers
Laced With Slang
parker lewis
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Rate Dis Bitch
AOTP - The Unholy Terror Vote_lcap14%AOTP - The Unholy Terror Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
AOTP - The Unholy Terror Vote_lcap0%AOTP - The Unholy Terror Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 14% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
AOTP - The Unholy Terror Vote_lcap43%AOTP - The Unholy Terror Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
 14% [ 1 ]
 14% [ 1 ]
less than (AKA you love smokin rocks)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

AOTP - The Unholy Terror Empty
PostSubject: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 12:12 am

If AOTP ain't your AOTY, WTF?

I haven't heard anything that comes even close. I mean, Jason & Alan I can understand. That don't really care for this type of music. But everyone claiming Brotha Lynch Hung and Freeway, what gives? This album even beats Wu at their own game.

This album is absolutey flawless. And then some. The first and only of the year. If you don't agree (and it seems nobody does...) let me hear it.

Be specific, for conversation's sake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 12:18 am

I heard this... I have never seen the hype with these dudes. Same formula track after track. epic sounding but ultimately unmemorable beat, verse after verse after verse... no general focus or cohesiveness. I like it... nothing I heard from them is wack and it serves its purpose... but its like getting fed so-so food at a buffet... yeah, I'm full and satisfied, but I won't be talking about the food in the future, even if I do remember the experience.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 12:19 am

Brotha Lynch Hung's album is soo dope how r u not feeling that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 12:20 am

Suicide Girl is a wack track, sorry P.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 9:38 am

Well, there is a certain consistency to the production. And, if you're not feeling it I guess it would be a bad thing.

As far as the emcees, I like what I hear. I think a few of Paz's spots on here are the highlights of his career. Not saying much, but at least that much. Ap always delivers, Celph is off the wall, Des Devious does his best ever. I would like to see more Eso, but Des takes up that slack nicely.

Suicide Girl is the weakest track here. But, out of context, it's still a decent song.

BLH, I dunno... I've been liking it more lately, but it still seems like it's lacking something. And the Eminem similarities are kind of hard to overlook, thematically speaking.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 9:40 am

Kid Joe wrote:
Well, there is a certain consistency to the production. And, if you're not feeling it I guess it would be a bad thing.

As far as the emcees, I like what I hear. I think a few of Paz's spots on here are the highlights of his career. Not saying much, but at least that much. Ap always delivers, Celph is off the wall, Des Devious does his best ever. I would like to see more Eso, but Des takes up that slack nicely.

Suicide Girl is the weakest track here. But, out of context, it's still a decent song.

BLH, I dunno... I've been liking it more lately, but it still seems like it's lacking something. And the Eminem similarities are kind of hard to overlook, thematically speaking.

I think it's a dope album, but it does become a bit redundant because the sound and formula rarely changes. It's not my favorite of the year, but it's among the best IMO. I personally Like Paz's solo album more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 9:47 am

How do you rate this compared to the other AOTP's Kid Joe aka KJ? I have them in order from when they came out as best to worst
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 9:57 am

I would say this is equal to Torture Papers, both better than Ritual of Battle.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 10:55 am

I'll give it a 4 rating. I like it, it's a solid album, but nothing incredible to me. As far as AOTY goes, I've got 3 albums head and shoulders above anything else, then there's about 12 more albums that i like that just can't match up to the top 3.

Top 3 of the year: (IMO)

Freeway/Jake One "The Stimulus Package"
Nas/Marley "Distant Relatives"
Brotha Lynch Hung "Dinner & A Movie"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 11:26 am

Kid Joe wrote:

Eminem similarities? Seriously? Dude was around for almost a decade before Slim Shady.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 11:28 am

That doesn't really matter too much if I hear this and it reminds me of Marshall, does it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 11:30 am

Yeah, it does. Does "Welcome To Atlanta" remind you of KRS One or vice versa? These things are important to note. That's how white people fuck up history, fool. Oh, and Nas.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 11:31 am

No, it doesn't. Em blew up, Hung didn't. He pressed on with what is now a played out approach. He didn't have to, but he did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 11:33 am

BLH went gold 5 years before Eminem became Slim Shady. Tell me how that doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 11:37 am

Kid Joe wrote:
No, it doesn't. Em blew up, Hung didn't. He pressed on with what is now a played out approach. He didn't have to, but he did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 11:43 am

N3R0N0N Of 0nslaught3r wrote:
BLH went gold 5 years before Eminem became Slim Shady. Tell me how that doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 11:49 am

Are you really comparing a gold album to Eminem's exposure?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 3:37 pm

"How do you rate this compared to the other AOTP's Kid Joe aka KJ?"

lmao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 11:39 pm

Your basis of the argument that you think because Em is more famous makes you think of him when listening to BLH, when in fact BLH was first. My point is simply that BLH has/had enough exposure to dismiss those types of claims. It seems ridiculous to me (as I said with the JD/KRS analogy) to credit Eminem with BLH's style when BLH was successful with it before Em was anybody. Period.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 12:02 am

I'm not crediting anybody with anything. I feel like I've heard it before. I could care less who birthed it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 12:09 am

You're entitled to your opinion, but that's ignorant as fuck in mine.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 12:23 am

How is it ignorant? I listened to the album. It did nothing for me. There were a lot of elements that I recognized from listening to Eminem. Am I ignorant because I didn't hear BLH before I heard Eminem? That's circumstantial.

Sorry if you're offended or otherwise upset by that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 12:30 am

I'm not upset at all.

I don't care if you don't like the BLH album. It's clearly not for everybody.

I think it's ignorant to say that even though you're aware of BLH's credentials, you're still comparing and even crediting his style to Eminem. I have no clue what portion of music you're passionate about, but again, one would think the JD/KRS comparison would make enough sense you'd understand what I'm saying. Did the Beatles invent Rock & Roll? Fuck no.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 12:37 am

Once again, I'm not crediting anyone's style to anyone. Show me where I stated that BLH copied Eminem. Show me where I ever stated that Eminem pioneered anything.

If you're going to challenge my statements take the time read them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 12:43 am

Kid Joe wrote:

Eminem similarities. You didn't verbaitum say that BLH copied Em's style, but it's implied by saying he has similarities to him, instead of vice cersa.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 12:59 am

"Eminem similarities. You didn't verbaitum say that BLH copied Em's style, but it's implied by saying he has similarities to him, instead of vice cersa."

smh. All that he was saying is that BLH's new album reminded him of Eminem. I'm sure if Em dropped the same album, he would say it reminds him of BLH
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 1:05 am

The only thing I implied is that there are similarities, which there are. And that I'm not really interested in that type of thing anymore, which I'm not.

You have a hard on for conflict and appearing to know more about obscure music, so you twisted what I said to put your panties in a bunch. Now try making sense or fuck off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 1:17 am

I have no hard on for conflict. I attempted to correct what I thought was glaring mistake on your part.

I have been making sense from the beginning. I said that BLH came out before Eminem, and you repeated yourself without really addressing my point. You have YET to address my point. It's whatever dude, I'm not starting shit or anything, take it how you want. You said it reminded you of Slim Shady, I said Slim Shady came after...it's a valid point. If you "don't care" what comes first, you should have said so. I think all hip hop fans should be educated on the art form before they open their mouths about who sounds like who when really this dude came first. This is a culture and IMO it makes a difference. If it doesn't matter at all to you, just say so.

What does it matter who came first? It's about respect, for one, and for two it's about being knowledgable about what you're speaking on. Would I trust Trotter's opinion on the new TI record? Fuck no.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 1:20 am

Kid Joe wrote:
I'm not crediting anybody with anything. I feel like I've heard it before. I could care less who birthed it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 1:23 am

Okay, then I'm done.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 1:25 am

I'm not asking anybody to trust my opinion. I'm just stating it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 1:33 am

LOL fair enough.

I like this album, except Suicide Girl. This like 4.25-4.5 to me.

Paz' album is pretty close to being a classic, as well. Have you peeped that yet?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 1:45 am

I didn't get into it yet, but it sounds good at first glance.
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 6:52 pm

Solid 4 stars. Maybe a 4.5. This is definitely at least on par with Torture Papers and I agree both smash Ritual of Battle. Jus Allah only makes one appearance on this one and he STILL fuckin blows. Incredible.

Anyway, Ap is raw on this album. Dude definitely does not get enough shine. One of my favorites. Celph was a little weak though, IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 5:43 pm

Break dancing bear!!! yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 1:20 pm

Should I peep this. For reference, I'd give the Diabolic album 3.5, 3.75 stars.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 5:47 pm

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 10:36 pm

Do you like their other stuff?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 12:30 pm

Jeff wrote:
Do you like their other stuff?

I haven't listened to any AOTP albums. I hear Torture Papers is their best, should I cop that first?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 12:41 pm

SMH.

I always avoid rec'ing some one an arists best work first, that kind of leaves you nowhere to go but down. This is a good place to start, but I was unaware if you'd like it. This is straight up posse cuts for an hour and half. There's only one to find if you're going to like it or not and that's to try it. So just try it.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 12:47 pm

Jeff wrote:
SMH.

I always avoid rec'ing some one an arists best work first, that kind of leaves you nowhere to go but down. This is a good place to start, but I was unaware if you'd like it. This is straight up posse cuts for an hour and half. There's only one to find if you're going to like it or not and that's to try it. So just try it.

Fair enough, will do
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010, 5:15 pm

I'd give this 4 stars. Starts off strong but loses momentum near the end.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeWed 25 Aug 2010, 3:20 pm

Also, I'd say Ritual of Battle and this are pretty close in terms of how I'd rate them. I agree that Torture Papers is the best of the 3 though.
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 9:57 pm

I disagree on Ritual of Battle. That album some some great tracks but also some terrible tracks. Un-listenable even.

I'd give Torture Papers and Unholy Terror strong 4's and Ritual of Battle a 3-3.5.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 10:04 pm

Hater
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 10:11 pm

NO ONE LIKES RITUAL BATTLE AS MUCH AS YOU DO SHAUN, DEAL WITH IT AND GET ON CHAT.
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 10:13 pm

Shaun wrote:
Hater

Reverse hater.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:26 am

Kid Joe wrote:
I would say this is equal to Torture Papers, both better than Ritual of Battle.

Fuck no, youre smoking kangaroo pouch crud. UT by far their weakest album and a weak effort overall
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:27 am

ROB is their best album and one of the best albums to drop in awhile
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 12:05 pm

In your face, Jeff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AOTP - The Unholy Terror   AOTP - The Unholy Terror Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AOTP - The Unholy Terror
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next