Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

States that make it illegal to simply film police.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

States that make it illegal to simply film police. Empty
PostSubject: States that make it illegal to simply film police.   States that make it illegal to simply film police. Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 10:17 pm

Illinois, Maryland and Massachusetts have laws against filming cops in public. This is disturbing to me for a number of reasons, but the one that weirds me out most is that cops argue that they can't effectively do their jobs while being filmed. What exactly would someone just recording them interfere with? I think most of us know why. The camera is the new gun, and it's a great tool for us to use to help keep cops clean and honest. I will say that when I look up videos of people filming cops and aggitating them, hollering and making spectacles of themselves then get their asses kicked by the police don't get much sympathy from me and usually end up making themselves look like idiots. Anyway, I just thought this was a disturbing trend. Any thoughts
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: States that make it illegal to simply film police.   States that make it illegal to simply film police. Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 10:54 pm

I think its bullshit....the camera phone is mightier than the pen and the sword..and these states took this civil right away to "protect the integrity of their own"...its bullshit

If corporate america wants to push the "whistleblower" movement, why not include civilian "police surveilance" with it.

.protect their own, like i said
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: States that make it illegal to simply film police.   States that make it illegal to simply film police. Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 12:07 am

It was a great point of contention when Iranian protesters were censored this way.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: States that make it illegal to simply film police.   States that make it illegal to simply film police. Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 12:08 am

I don't think this will hold up federally.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: States that make it illegal to simply film police.   States that make it illegal to simply film police. Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 9:06 am

Kid Joe wrote:
It was a great point of contention when Iranian protesters were censored this way.

or the Chinese censoring the Internet..the fuckin internet for chrissakes!!! they banned Google LMAO

America's fucked up, we know this, but boy is it worse elsewhere
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: States that make it illegal to simply film police.   States that make it illegal to simply film police. Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 9:07 pm

It sounds like the cops want to be able to treat anybody the way they want without having to worry about getting in trouble. They just want to be able to continue to have each other's backs and support corruption.

I don't think they'll get what they want, but then again........

Either way, it's crazy and very messed up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: States that make it illegal to simply film police.   States that make it illegal to simply film police. Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 9:10 pm

I saw a video of a cop punching a 17 year old in the face for resisting arrest... and the guild tried to say it was justified? bullllllshiiiit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: States that make it illegal to simply film police.   States that make it illegal to simply film police. Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 10:24 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I saw a video of a cop punching a 17 year old in the face for resisting arrest... and the guild tried to say it was justified? bullllllshiiiit.

I saw that video too, in fact, I posted a thread that linked to it. I'm glad people can videotape cops. Cops have been out of control for many years. Folks used to try to justify the actions of the cops and say that the person was only "resisting arrest" or "they had it coming", and the cop was in the right. Now, it's in everybody's faces and they have no choice but to look at the issue at hand instead of sweeping it under the rug and pretending it doesn't exist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: States that make it illegal to simply film police.   States that make it illegal to simply film police. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

States that make it illegal to simply film police.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: