Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...

Go down 
+5
Laced With Slang
Funk Seoul Brother
D.Powell
T. Myers
Justin Linker
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Who is the better lyricist out of these 3
2Pac
Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Vote_lcap55%Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 55% [ 11 ]
Slick Rick
Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
Method Man
Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage

Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:40 pm

LMAO!! Nice signature, Terry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 11:55 pm

Pac is the betta lyricist overall on thatl ist because his rhymes mean more imo...Slick Rick was a average-above average rapper with a dope flow, creative humorous stories and original sound thats it.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 7:36 am

Steve wrote:
KJ is just a hater, that's all it is. Him and Powell think Biggie and anybody NYC is a lyrical God, while Pac couldn't keep up. Ask them to quote a bar or a verse that Pac can't hang with and they get quiet AWFULLY quick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJGf-fS_PZ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4jX0kbzVdw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGabHGJAHfc

Pac couldn't see not one of these lyrical displays on his best day my dude and I'll throw your blinded, obssessed ass 10 more joints if you need 'em....you keep trying insist that Pac was "nice" on the mic and any rational person knows that he was decent on it, but he was not flipping words like these dudes....he is an emotional and subject matter KING and that is the reason why he is a legend...that is what makes you emotional when talking about him, that is why he is so remembered combined with what he did away from the stage, what his mother stood for being a member of the black panthers and then turning around and becoming a crackhead and then climbing out of that state of mind....these are the reasons why Pac is loved and remembered...not because he was the illest on the mic...that sounds stupid...and anyone not obssessed like you knows this already....lol
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 7:38 am

KRob86 wrote:
Pac is the betta lyricist overall on thatl ist because his rhymes mean more imo...Slick Rick was a average-above average rapper with a dope flow, creative humorous stories and original sound thats it.

Pac is your number two emcee of all-time Kev, so you already know damn well no one is trying to hear your biased ass debate...lol....stop that man

Slick Rick would beat Pac up on the mic...don't take offense to that man, just acknowledge it and keep it moving
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 7:39 am

D.Powell wrote:
Steve wrote:
KJ is just a hater, that's all it is. Him and Powell think Biggie and anybody NYC is a lyrical God, while Pac couldn't keep up. Ask them to quote a bar or a verse that Pac can't hang with and they get quiet AWFULLY quick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJGf-fS_PZ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4jX0kbzVdw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGabHGJAHfc

Pac couldn't see not one of these lyrical displays on his best day my dude and I'll throw your blinded, obssessed ass 10 more joints if you need 'em....you keep trying insist that Pac was "nice" on the mic and any rational person knows that he was decent on it, but he was not flipping words like these dudes....he is an emotional and subject matter KING and that is the reason why he is a legend...that is what makes you emotional when talking about him, that is why he is so remembered combined with what he did away from the stage, what his mother stood for being a member of the black panthers and then turning around and becoming a crackhead and then climbing out of that state of mind....these are the reasons why Pac is loved and remembered...not because he was the illest on the mic...that sounds stupid...and anyone not obssessed like you knows this already....lol

I think the fact that only blind east coast fan boys think Biggie is better than Pac would make you irrational to an extent, but i digress.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 7:40 am

D.Powell wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Pac is your number two emcee of all-time Kev, so you already know damn well no one is trying to hear your biased ass debate...lol....stop that man

Slick Rick would beat Pac up on the mic...don't take offense to that man, just acknowledge it and keep it moving

Biggie is in your top 10 so no one wants to hear your biased debate. You have Slick Rick above Pac so no one wants to hear your biased debate. See how that works.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 7:42 am

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Biggie is in your top 10 so no one wants to hear your biased debate. You have Slick Rick above Pac so no one wants to hear your biased debate. See how that works.

I have all of these emcees in my top 20 I mentioned Terry INCLUDING 2PAC dumbass

he is NOT the illest on the mic my Memphis "brother"....get the FUCK outta here with that bullshit..lol

he couldn't see these dudes with a telescope...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 7:43 am

I didn't put just Biggie on those youtube joints Terry, check 'em out when you get home...these lyrical displays WAX anything lyrically that Pac has done EASILY.....
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 7:46 am

D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

I have all of these emcees in my top 20 I mentioned Terry INCLUDING 2PAC dumbass

he is NOT the illest on the mic my Memphis "brother"....get the FUCK outta here with that bullshit..lol

I know you have Pac in your top 20, but if the other two are ranked higher, that makes you just as biased as Kev, right? Now, stop with the name calling kind sir.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 7:51 am

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

I know you have Pac in your top 20, but if the other two are ranked higher, that makes you just as biased as Kev, right? Now, stop with the name calling kind sir.

I disagree Terry because my RESPECT for Pac is already shown by me having him in my top twenty emcees of all-time, not just anybody is getting on that list my dude trust me there...I'm just saying that Pac was NEVER the illest on the mic and dudes take offense to that instead of just acknowledging that FACT, that's not even an opinion but it's a fact and can be proven again and again...it's his EMOTION AND SUBJECT MATTER that separates him from the pack and makes him different and remembered and a legend, not his mic prowess
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 7:52 am

D.Powell wrote:
I didn't put just Biggie on those youtube joints Terry, check 'em out when you get home...these lyrical displays WAX anything lyrically that Pac has done EASILY.....

I'll have to do it later. I can't check youtube at work.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 8:00 am

D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

I disagree Terry because my RESPECT for Pac is already shown by me having him in my top twenty emcees of all-time, not just anybody is getting on that list my dude trust me there...I'm just saying that Pac was NEVER the illest on the mic and dudes take offense to that instead of just acknowledging that FACT, that's not even an opinion but it's a fact and can be proven again and again...it's his EMOTION AND SUBJECT MATTER that separates him from the pack and makes him different and remembered and a legend, not his mic prowess

I can agree with that, and I and a few others have admitted as such. Pac wasn't a slouch on the mic though. My whole argument was that Slick Rick wasn't a great lyricist. Based on my argument, it would be safe to compare Pac, Meth, and Rick. When doing so, Pac was able to separate himself from the other two. I thought Meth was closer than Rick. IMO, Slick Rick is a great storyteller, and that's it. IMO, that is only one component in being a great lyricist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 9:22 am

LOL, Cool J is NOT my lyrical, stop that dogg! and I already conceded G Rap, so that's pointless.

Anyway, where is your verse? Can't do it huh baby bubba? Well here's a song to match your Biggie song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hst7j2u3W3Q

You're caught up in the beat for victorious, which may one of the best Biggie has ever rapped over, but Pac rips Biggie to shreds with those rhymes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 9:33 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGkuYsE8F7w&feature=related

There's another one for you Baby Bubba. Since I matched yours I guess the ball is in my court now?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 9:41 am

Steve wrote:
LOL, Cool J is NOT my lyrical, stop that dogg! and I already conceded G Rap, so that's pointless.

Anyway, where is your verse? Can't do it huh baby bubba? Well here's a song to match your Biggie song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hst7j2u3W3Q

You're caught up in the beat for victorious, which may one of the best Biggie has ever rapped over, but Pac rips Biggie to shreds with those rhymes.

LMAOOOOOOOO

your just put So Many Tears LYRICALLY up against Victory??? Yo, Steve your stupid man...dumb as a bowel movement for that one...LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

yeah right motherfucker!!!!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 9:43 am

Steve wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGkuYsE8F7w&feature=related

There's another one for you Baby Bubba. Since I matched yours I guess the ball is in my court now?

another emotional display, does NOT match up against LYRICISM my dude

your worst than STAN....show me some LYRICAL displays by your boyfriend, not this emotional display....it's a great song but LYRICALLY he ain't fuckin with some of the lyrical masters

get the fuck outta here..LMAO!!!! ! LOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL!!!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 9:48 am

Cool J's Rock The Bells (original version) DESTROYS anything Pac has ever written...he ain't spitting like that homie...SORRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGabHGJAHfc&feature=related&pos=3

NO FUCKIN WAY!!

he would spit all over that dude...cover him in saliva....LMAO!!!!

GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 10:10 am

i see you have KJ syndrome, thinking that becauze you are wrong that typing in caps will make you right. Sorry Baby Bubba. You're the stan, calling LL super lyrical, lol, okay buddy. You do you and you can listen to LL tell you how bad he wants to fuck you...lyrically.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 10:20 am

Steve wrote:
i see you have KJ syndrome, thinking that becauze you are wrong that typing in caps will make you right. Sorry Baby Bubba. You're the stan, calling LL super lyrical, lol, okay buddy. You do you and you can listen to LL tell you how bad he wants to fuck you...lyrically.

Nah I'm my own dude..sorry dawg

and stop biting my lines man..lol baby bubba is my joint come up with your own

You know damn well that putting So Many Tears up against Victory was stupid

and you also know that Cool J would've destroyed Pac LYRICALLY......that he would've eaten his lil ass like a bagel...lol

stop acting like Pac is the illest to ever touch a mic Steve, it makes you look like you don't know hip-hop and I don't believe that's true, so stop this shit man

Last edited by D.Powell on Wed 10 Jun 2009, 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 10:27 am

Powell we just seem to hold different types of lyricism to differnet levels...you consider methaphor and heavy word flippers lyricists before the emotion/reality type lyrics. Well i'm the oppossite I prefer hardcore/emotional lyricism over word flippers and heavy methaphor rappers. Not saying either of us can't appreciate the other but we just stand on different ends of the lyricism scale.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 4:43 pm

I went Pac barely over Meth
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 5:55 pm

smh. Stop.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 8:36 pm

I prefer Pac.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...   Who is the best lyricist out of these 3... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who is the best lyricist out of these 3...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: