Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?

Go down 
+7
Haterex
Myestro
Alan
Shaun
Jason
Laced With Slang
Half
11 posters
AuthorMessage

WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Empty
PostSubject: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 11:24 am

Okay, hating ass bitches. As one of the few people on this forum that likes to put himself out there and admit to liking shit, I'd like to know...what DO you like? Name some shit. Please.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 11:41 am

Newer hip hop artists:
Dalek
Shad
Flying Lotus
Vakill
Black Milk
Reks
Elzhi
Orphans of Cush
The Bug
Freddie Gibbs
Guilty Simpson

Newer non-hip hop artists:
Do Make Say Think
Krallice
Eluvium
Sleigh Bells
Battles
Grizzly Bear
Deerhunter
Women
Explosions In The Sky

Basically the newer stuff that I've been listening to and enjoying. Of course I listen to way more than this, this is just some more recent stuff off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 12:33 pm

titties.... azzz.... azzzz n titties
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 12:43 pm

WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? 820545
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 12:46 pm

i feel like you know what most of us like

?
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 3:08 pm

Just a sampling (click to enlarge):

WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Th_28509_Untitled_1_122_400lo

WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Th_28674_Untitled_2_122_57lo
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 3:20 pm

smh. I clicked to enlarge and some live webcam site popped up.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 3:21 pm

Oh, make as many jokes as you want about that ^^^^
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 3:22 pm

I forget about that stuff since I have Adblock. Is there another image hoster without ads?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 6:44 pm

That's pretty cool Jason, how do you make one of those??
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 6:46 pm

They're just screenshots from my Zune software.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 6:47 pm

Just random shit? Since we talk hip-hop all the time, here's something different...

My favorite Beck album is "Midnite Vultures". And I never liked the overrated melancholy garbage known as "Sea Change".

Alien Ant Farm never got their due respect for the follow-up to their one hit wonder "truANT". Was maybe my favorite rock album in 2003.

The Crash Test Dummies album "God Shuffled His Feet" is a classic IMO. MMM...MMM...MMM...MMM was not the only good song, or the best for that matter.

I believe in a thing called love, which is why I owned and played the piss out of The Darkness "Permission To Land" album when it dropped.

Green Day had an air-tight discography up until their last venture into pop-boppery and guy-liner.

Incubus "A Crow Left Of The Murder" is a classic and easily their best record.

John Frusciante got way better when he got sober.

I got hooked on Moby when "Play" was big. Now I wouldn't even think of playing those CDs anymore.

Ween is and will forever be the greatest band of all time.

Red Hot Chili Peppers are very close.

NOFX is the greatest punk band on earth.

Zebrahead "Waste Of Mind" is some grade A "rap metal".
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 6:50 pm

Oh, and my avy is the cover of Wild Smile, by Suckers.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 9:32 pm

Jason wrote:

Mine is a vending machine with Ice T's picture in one of the buttons...for the WIN!

As far as what I like...I could list stuff all day. So, I'll just list some of the stuff I listen to, that I don't see brought up very much by others.

Snowgoons
7L & Esoteric
Esham
NATAS
Majik Most
Louis Logic
The Society of Invisibles
Swollen Members
Sweatshop Union
Non-Phixion
Illogic (Celestial Clockwork is the only album of his I've heard though)
Mr. Lif
Genelec & Memphis Reigns
The B.U.M.s.
Time Machine
Digs Darklighter
Viro the Virus
East Coast Avengers
K-Solo
Any one from Arsonists
Slaine
Sabac
Teflon
Self Scientific
Bliss n Eso
Nine

and I like Tonedeff (though I know a few mention him from time to time).

So, feel free to quote this and call me wack, or question my "knowledge". But, it's what I like (and that list isn't even half of it).
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 10:29 pm

Myestro wrote:
Jason wrote:

Mine is a vending machine with Ice T's picture in one of the buttons...for the WIN!

As far as what I like...I could list stuff all day. So, I'll just list some of the stuff I listen to, that I don't see brought up very much by others.

Snowgoons
7L & Esoteric
Esham
NATAS
Majik Most
Louis Logic
The Society of Invisibles
Swollen Members
Sweatshop Union
Non-Phixion
Illogic (Celestial Clockwork is the only album of his I've heard though)
Mr. Lif
Genelec & Memphis Reigns
The B.U.M.s.
Time Machine
Digs Darklighter
Viro the Virus
East Coast Avengers
K-Solo
Any one from Arsonists
Slaine
Sabac
Teflon
Self Scientific
Bliss n Eso
Nine

and I like Tonedeff (though I know a few mention him from time to time).

So, feel free to quote this and call me wack, or question my "knowledge". But, it's what I like (and that list isn't even half of it).

lol my favorite pizza joint back in Boise had a picture of Ice T on the tea dispenser and a pic of Cube on the ice machine - funny shit
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 11:15 pm

Hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 11:24 pm

Here's my main point, here, most of you claim to like this or that, then completely backtrack on it when something gets released or whatever. I feel like talking about stuff that's NOT hip hop is taking the easy way out because people aren't going to criticize some one for liking some shit they've never heard (unless they're Powell, Kj, and Kev).
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 11:34 pm

It's not backtracking to dislike a new project released by artist whose previous work you like.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 11:54 pm

you motherfuckers might hate the weird shit I listen to, but you can't say I'm not loyal to anything I've ever praised, hip hop or otherwise. That's why I'm so damn critical of music, I ain't trying to support any shit I'm not sure I'll ever listen to 2 or 3 years down the road.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 11:59 pm

Jason wrote:
It's not backtracking to dislike a new project released by artist whose previous work you like.

but what would you say the ratio between hate and love is, Jason?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 11:59 pm

you're an angry little basketball...
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 12:03 am

I'm happy. Give me a hug SRP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 12:25 am

Haterex wrote:
lol my favorite pizza joint back in Boise had a picture of Ice T on the tea dispenser and a pic of Cube on the ice machine - funny shit
....and a picture of Robert Van Winkle on the vanilla ice cream dispenser?

To answer Nero's question, i pretty much listen to all hip hop, i go through phases where i will listen to nothing but a certain region or style until i get bored then i switch to something else.

The only thing i don't really listen to much is commercial rap, not that it is bad, it just rarely has any replay value for me so it's a waste of my money. I still check it out if it's getting rave reviews. I bought Kanye's first two albums for instance, listened to them, thought they were dope and have never felt like playing them again. Same with Lupe,The Game...
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 9:26 am

The Game is one of the most jerked off rappers ever. He has zero talent and yet he gets all kinds of praise. If it wasn't for internet gangsters that guy would be flipping burgers and McDonalds.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 9:48 am

Oh shit.... A Myestro sighting! What up, homie!
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 9:50 am

Red wrote:
To answer Nero's question, i pretty much listen to all hip hop, i go through phases where i will listen to nothing but a certain region or style until i get bored then i switch to something else.

The only thing i don't really listen to much is commercial rap, not that it is bad, it just rarely has any replay value for me so it's a waste of my money. I still check it out if it's getting rave reviews.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 4:27 pm

Bushido Brown wrote:

Haha! Nothin new here. I went on hiatus because the amazon forums got too stale. Then decided to check them again, and Shaun pointed me here. I'm trying to keep up with all these name changes...
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 4:31 pm

Everybodies likes are different. I think Cradle Orchestra is elevator music. I think no rapper can touch Tommy Gunn. Actually I have the best taste in hip hop
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 4:32 pm

Myestro wrote:
Bushido Brown wrote:

Haha! Nothin new here. I went on hiatus because the amazon forums got too stale. Then decided to check them again, and Shaun pointed me here. I'm trying to keep up with all these name changes...

I go by the name Dang! Trotter now
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 4:52 pm

ok this is how i interpreted N3ro's question. When most people list there top 10 albums and MC's there seems to be some sense of unison in who are the best, etc (i.e. they are "safe" picks by his standards. So i guess you're asking what we ACTUALLY like beyond the "safe" picks that are often mentioned.

In that case here are some albums and MC's i hold in high to very high regard that aren't often recognized by people here:

Killa Sin
Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars, and all Killarmy albums
The Cold Vein
Nocturnal
Non Phixion (both of they're albums)
Ill Bill
The early Young Black Brotha stuff (still getting into it but i like it a lot)
B-Real (very underrated as an MC in general, people always talk about Muggs being underrated, B-Real is probably more underrated)
Kool Keith
Anything from early Boot Camp Click really
Guilty Simpson
Madlib
Dilla
DOOM
Rza (as a rapper)
Mos Def
Count Bass D
Prince Paul - A Prince Among Thieves (masterpiece of an album)
Ras Kass
Bushwick Bill - doper than people think b/c he has one of the dopest voices in rap
Prodigy - obviously he's mentioned but i think hes top 10-15 good
Alchemist is one the best/most original producers at the moment
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 4:57 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Everybodies likes are different. I think Cradle Orchestra is elevator music. I think no rapper can touch Tommy Gunn. Actually I have the best taste in hip hop

Cradle Orchestra are dope, one of the best recs I got from the forums (big ups to Perez for that).
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 4:58 pm

Oh, and I'm C. Tran from Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 5:43 pm

N3R0N0N Of 0nslaught3r wrote:
Jason wrote:

I don't think there's nearly as much hate as you see, and that in general this idea of "hate" is overstated, because it's not hate when people just don't like something, and they can give legit reasons for it.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 6:32 pm

Jason wrote:
Jason wrote:

I don't think there's nearly as much hate as you see, and that in general this idea of "hate" is overstated, because it's not hate when people just don't like something, and they can give legit reasons for it.

people dont even really need legit reasons to not like something. If they arent feeling it they arent feeling it, simple as that right? If someone asks why they dont like it then the reasons come into play.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 6:40 pm

Here's my main point, here, most of you claim to like this or that, then completely backtrack on it when something gets released or whatever. I feel like talking about stuff that's NOT hip hop is taking the easy way out because people aren't going to criticize some one for liking some shit they've never heard (unless they're Powell, Kj, and Kev).

I'm more confused now than ever. Don't we basically post these type of things on every thread on this forum, everyday?
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 9:38 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Myestro wrote:
Bushido Brown wrote:

I go by the name Dang! Trotter now

Good to know! I've been wondering who you were... Nah, I remember you, since your crush on M.I.C. inspired me to actually pick up "Escape from Monsta Island!". Glad I did!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 11:29 pm

Jason wrote:
Jason wrote:

I honestly feel like it's easier to dislike something then like it. People on here seem to inhabit one tiny ass niche of hip hop, and the rest is garbage. Who else on here (aside from Tran, SRP a little, and Terry a little) really go beyond their comfort zones to peep shit? And it seems, to me, even the type of shit ya'll claim to like, once it drops, gets immediatley hated on for dumb ass reasons. I will admit, that you (jason) listen to all types of stuff, but again, when was the last time somebody was like "hey I really like this"? SRP came with the Big Krit rec, and I remember Kev recing somebody I didn't like, but here's the thing: I don't go into threads recing a new artist, but people talking about the same old bullshit, I will absolutely knock.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010, 2:48 am

"I honestly feel like it's easier to dislike something then like it"

I usually like more than I dislike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?   WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHAT DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ACTUALLY LIKE?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: