Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Quick recommendations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Quick recommendations   Thu 17 Jun 2010, 4:08 pm

As many of you know, I'm an east coast head first and foremost, got mad love for the west and the midwest, however, within recent memory, the southern hip hop I own I appreciate more than I ever have. So, I would like everyone's recommendations on 8Ball & MJG. I know I may be a little late with them, but work with me here, lol. Here's where I'am so far:

*On Top Of The World is all but confirmed
*In My Lifetime, Vol. 1 is confirmed
*Living Legends is confirmed
*Ridin High, previewed this and I'm staying away from it, unless I'm missing something
*Ten Toes Down, on the fence with this one (I know Terry recommended I avoid this one)

Let me know what you got!!!!!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: Quick recommendations   Thu 17 Jun 2010, 4:22 pm

I would personally avoid Living legends for now too. i like the album, but Comin out Hard, Sapce Age 4 Eva, Lost, and No More Glory are far more essential

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

PostSubject: Re: Quick recommendations   Thu 17 Jun 2010, 4:36 pm

Yeah, I like No More Glory, even though it's a "solo" from MJG.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quick recommendations   Thu 17 Jun 2010, 7:20 pm

Personally I like On Top Of The World the best from them, but I think you'd like In My Lifetime Vol 1 the best. Both are great albums though.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique

PostSubject: Re: Quick recommendations   Thu 17 Jun 2010, 8:59 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Personally I like On Top Of The World the best from them, but I think you'd like In My Lifetime Vol 1 the best. Both are great albums though.

Agreed. In My Lifetime Vol is actually my favorite. Pretty much even with On Top Of The World to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quick recommendations   Thu 17 Jun 2010, 9:11 pm

I was recently in my local FYE, ready to buy On Top Of The World, but it was the Chopped & Screwed version (smh).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quick recommendations   Thu 17 Jun 2010, 10:49 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I would personally avoid Living legends for now too. i like the album, but Comin out Hard, Sapce Age 4 Eva, Lost, and No More Glory are far more essential

Agreed. Wayne I approve this message. And if you do not already own Top Of The World that is the must have out of all of them. Ten Toes Down is weak to me save for the last half of the album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quick recommendations   Thu 17 Jun 2010, 10:52 pm

Well I've already ordered On Top Of The World. Can't wait for that joint to arrive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quick recommendations   Thu 17 Jun 2010, 10:55 pm

Oh shit wait Wayne I just noticed he said avoid Living Legends I don't agree with that. You can avoid Ridin High. Living Legends is worth a listen but make that near the last one you peep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quick recommendations   Thu 17 Jun 2010, 10:56 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Oh shit wait Wayne I just noticed he said avoid Living Legends I don't agree with that. You can avoid Ridin High. Living Legends is worth a listen but make that near the last one you peep.

Oh yeah, I'm avoiding Ridin High. I couldn't get into that one at all. I like the Living Legends album.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: Quick recommendations   Thu 17 Jun 2010, 11:04 pm

I said avoid for now. Wouldn't you agree In Our Lifetime, Space Age 4 Eva, Comin Out Hard, On Top Of The World, Lost, and No More Glory are all better?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quick recommendations   Thu 17 Jun 2010, 11:10 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I said avoid for now. Wouldn't you agree In Our Lifetime, Space Age 4 Eva, Comin Out Hard, On Top Of The World, Lost, and No More Glory are all better?

I already ordered On Top Of The World and Living Legends on Amazon. I know you said "avoid" Terry, but I previewed Living Legends a few times and I like that joint man.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: Quick recommendations   Thu 17 Jun 2010, 11:12 pm

I was responding to Kev. Living Legends is a good album. you shouldn't be disappointed with it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quick recommendations   Thu 17 Jun 2010, 11:14 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I was responding to Kev. Living Legends is a good album. you shouldn't be disappointed with it.

Oh, got you man. You and Kev were right about Ten Toes Down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quick recommendations   Thu 17 Jun 2010, 11:15 pm

On Top Of The World, In Our Lifetime and Eightball - Lost are must haves
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique

PostSubject: Re: Quick recommendations   Fri 18 Jun 2010, 5:57 pm

T. Myers wrote:

cosign.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quick recommendations   Fri 18 Jun 2010, 8:16 pm

My "Living Legends" was shipped today!
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: Quick recommendations   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 7:59 pm

I'll take this same advice myself. I have In My Lifetime Volume 1, Living Legends, Ridin' High, Lost & No More Glory and that's it. I'll work on adding the older Cds as well. Good thread Wayne. Any particular order for the older Cds or should I get them in chronological order?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quick recommendations   Sun 27 Jun 2010, 10:45 pm

I played On Top Of The World today, and I didn't feel this one @ all.............. just playing, lol. Are you kidding me, lol? This was one great album from 8Ball & MJG, true smooth, southern hip hop, and it definitely sounded great in the whip. Living Legends is a very good album too. I'm definitely satisfied with these purchases.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quick recommendations   Mon 28 Jun 2010, 3:14 pm

Highsmith wrote:
I'll take this same advice myself. I have In My Lifetime Volume 1, Living Legends, Ridin' High, Lost & No More Glory and that's it. I'll work on adding the older Cds as well. Good thread Wayne. Any particular order for the older Cds or should I get them in chronological order?

Coming Out Hard and Top Of The World gotta be next period. Outside Looking In is good but only a die hard or southern hip hop fan str8 may truly dig that one. What the hell kept you away from them until In My Lifetime?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quick recommendations   Mon 28 Jun 2010, 8:12 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Highsmith wrote:

Coming Out Hard and Top Of The World gotta be next period. Outside Looking In is good but only a die hard or southern hip hop fan str8 may truly dig that one. What the hell kept you away from them until In My Lifetime?

Comin Out Hard and Outside Looking In are next for me.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: Quick recommendations   Mon 28 Jun 2010, 9:32 pm

Kev, you know my favorite type of rap music so that shouldn't be too difficult for you to understand man. I just listened to Living Legends today and remembered how much I liked it when it first came out. I remembered that I had Space Age 4 Eva also and checked some tracks out from there also. Most of the Down South groups, I was a late bloomer to outside of Outkast & The Geto Boys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quick recommendations   Mon 28 Jun 2010, 9:33 pm

Highsmith wrote:
Kev, you know my favorite type of rap music so that shouldn't be too difficult for you to understand man. I just listened to Living Legends today and remembered how much I liked it when it first came out. I remembered that I had Space Age 4 Eva also and checked some tracks out from there also. Most of the Down South groups, I was a late bloomer to outside of Outkast & The Geto Boys.

Living Legends is tight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick recommendations   

Back to top Go down

Quick recommendations
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1