Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Whistle Blower Scenario'

Go down 
+7
TheHazardous
Esco
T. Myers
Jason
boet
Haterex
ACRID"
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

'Whistle Blower Scenario' Empty
PostSubject: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 11:18 am

Me and my wife had this discussion last Friday night while we were driving behind a Drunk Driver:

...(You) are driving behind a very noticeable drunk driver(i.e,swerving occasionally, driving over the center line). The Drunk stops at a gas station and heads in the 'Quik-Stop Market'. You, also stop at the gas station to fill up. A Police cruiser pulls up to the gas station to fill up as well. What do you do? Do you follow 'Hood-Ethics' and keep your mouth shut. Or do you prevent a possible death/serious injury of the driver or others and tap the Cop on the shoulder and fill them in on what you just saw?

ps- The gas station scenario never occurred that night. We stopped at a red light, and he just made it.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 11:28 am

Leave him alone is what I would do. Has nothing to do with hood ethics or anything like that, I just don't give a shit. I think people who talk on their phones and women who do their make-up while driving are equally as dangerous as someone who's had a few too many before driving.
Back to top Go down
boet
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
boet

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 11:35 am

yeah but you'd probably give a shit if one of those two crashed into you.... but yeah, i prob wouldnt say anything, ive been that drunk guy swervin' before....
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 11:40 am

I still wouldn't give a shit if it was me getting hit by a drunk driver. I think drunk driving should be legalized.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 11:42 am

Let's see. Violate some "Hood-Ethics" code, or risk waking up in the morning to the news that a whole family was killed by a drunk driver, wondering if it was the guy I saw, and I could have prevented it. I'd tell the cop.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 11:45 am

You're a giant pussy jason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 12:01 pm

Hood ethics? do not apply in this situation...seriously... you people must know nothing about hood ethics... drunk drivers are part of the scum of the earth and I would have definitely tapped the cop..shit I would have called the cops on that jackass before that...
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 12:04 pm

Another homo chimes in......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 12:34 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Hood ethics? do not apply in this situation...seriously... you people must know nothing about hood ethics... drunk drivers are part of the scum of the earth and I would have definitely tapped the cop..shit I would have called the cops on that jackass before that...

It's rare that it happens nowadays, but I agree with SRP.

I'm not sure I understand Ex's argument, but I'm sure he'll call me and everyone who disagrees from here on gay. lol
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 12:41 pm

Minnesota Hip-Hop Fiend wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I'm not sure I understand Ex's argument, but I'm sure he'll call me and everyone who disagrees from here on gay. lol

another opinion from another light-in-the-loafers do gooder. My argument is people really make drunk driving into a bigger deal than it really is. I drive drunk all the time, I've never had a ticket or a wreck. I've been pulled over 10 beers deep and passed the field test with ease. I'm more worried about people yapping on their gotdamned phones not paying attention in traffic than i am about some dude who's had a few beers.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:08 pm

Haterex wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

another opinion from another light-in-the-loafers do gooder. My argument is people really make drunk driving into a bigger deal than it really is. I drive drunk all the time, I've never had a ticket or a wreck. I've been pulled over 10 beers deep and passed the field test with ease. I'm more worried about people yapping on their gotdamned phones not paying attention in traffic than i am about some dude who's had a few beers.

Then you're just another stupid asshole, out there risking other people's lives needlessly. A bigger deal than it is? Thousands of people die every year because of people like you.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:17 pm

Thousands of people die and kill others every year from carelessly yapping on their cell phones while they drive. I don't hear you bitching and moaning about that, or talking about wasting a cops time to report someone talking on their phone while they drive. Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce and so do thousands of other american drunks like me. You can't hold us down, quit judging all of us by the squares who can't learn to close one eye when the double vision kicks in so they don't careen into oncoming traffic and ruin it for the rest of us. Try to see our side of things why don't ya?
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:19 pm

Cell phone related deaths aren't on the scale of alcohol related deaths, but I don't condone cell phone use while driving either. Your side of things is being a reckless asshole, I see that clearly enough.

Last edited by Jason on Tue 09 Jun 2009, 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:20 pm

Haterex wrote:
Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

LOL! I think this the funniest quote ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:29 pm

Scum of the earth and the possibility of a family or innocent person getting killed if I don't say anything weighs more than keeping it hood. I'd let the cop know whats up. I'm just mad that in most cases the drunk driver usually lives in those tragic accidents. We need more of those drunk drivers to die and go to hell rather than the innocent victims they crash into getting their life taken. I could care less if the scum drunk driver loses his life.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:33 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Haterex wrote:
Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

LOL! I think this the funniest quote ever.

funny...

OK, so i'll retract my 'Hood Ethics' statement..the whole 'Stop Snitching' movement came to my head about it. I've been at stoplights and seen drivers tell others to "Get off the fucking phone!"..now, if that works,and they listen,,I never saw. Driving while talking on the phone is becoming illegal in most states now.

edit: now that i think about it...'Hood Ethics' could play a part...what if, some dude, i dont know, from ATL, is in this situation, considers telling, but backs off because he tells himself," I aint no punk snitch", beeecause its an unwritten rule in his area that you dont talk to the police,whatsoever...this is not a far-fetched notion people.....

Last edited by acrid.one on Tue 09 Jun 2009, 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:39 pm

MarcoPolo wrote:
Scum of the earth and the possibility of a family or innocent person getting killed if I don't say anything weighs more than keeping it hood. I'd let the cop know whats up. I'm just mad that in most cases the drunk driver usually lives in those tragic accidents. We need more of those drunk drivers to die and go to hell rather than the innocent victims they crash into getting their life taken. I could care less if the scum drunk driver loses his life.

I hope you and your loved ones are seriously injured in an automobile accident caused by a retard texting & driving, vernon.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:43 pm

Haterex wrote:
MarcoPolo wrote:

I hope you and your loved ones are seriously injured in an automobile accident caused by a retard texting & driving, vernon.

...Cold, EX....cold......
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:45 pm

Vernon wished DEATH on innocent drunk drivers, and I'm cold? I only wished for serious injury.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:47 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Im not gonna front and come off all thug right now...but, uhh, where im from, you learn shit growing up, thats all i'll say....

copy and paste-

edit: now that i think about it...'Hood Ethics' could play a part...what if, some dude, i dont know, from ATL, is in this situation, considers telling, but backs off because he tells himself," I aint no punk snitch", beeecause its an unwritten rule in his area that you dont talk to the police,whatsoever...this is not a far-fetched notion people.....

Last edited by acrid.one on Tue 09 Jun 2009, 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:49 pm

Haterex wrote:
I still wouldn't give a shit if it was me getting hit by a drunk driver. I think drunk driving should be legalized.

That's pretty stupid. What are your reasons that you think drunk driving should be legalized?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:01 pm

Haterex wrote:
Thousands of people die and kill others every year from carelessly yapping on their cell phones while they drive. I don't hear you bitching and moaning about that, or talking about wasting a cops time to report someone talking on their phone while they drive. Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce and so do thousands of other american drunks like me. You can't hold us down, quit judging all of us by the squares who can't learn to close one eye when the double vision kicks in so they don't careen into oncoming traffic and ruin it for the rest of us. Try to see our side of things why don't ya?

'Whistle Blower Scenario' 313114

I understand you are awfully passionate about your drunk driving, Ex. But this "light-in-the-loafers do gooder" doesn't see the logic in increasing deaths from drunk drivers. Cell phone talkers contribute as well, but two wrongs don't make...
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:02 pm

Esco wrote:
Haterex wrote:

That's pretty stupid. What are your reasons that you think drunk driving should be legalized?

Legalize Drunk Driving
by Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.
by Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

[Note: This column was written before the news came out last night that George W. Bush was arrested on a DUI charge 24 years ago. He was stopped in Maine for driving too slowly and briefly veering onto the shoulder of the road]

Clinton has signed a bill passed by Congress that orders the states to adopt new, more onerous drunk-driving standards or face a loss of highway funds. That’s right: the old highway extortion trick. Sure enough, states are already working to pass new, tighter laws against Driving Under the Influence, responding as expected to the feds’ ransom note.

Now the feds declare that a blood-alcohol level of 0.08 percent and above is criminal and must be severely punished. The National Restaurant Association is exactly right that this is absurdly low. The overwhelming majority of accidents related to drunk driving involve repeat offenders with blood-alcohol levels twice that high. If a standard of 0.1 doesn’t deter them, then a lower one won’t either.

But there’s a more fundamental point. What precisely is being criminalized? Not bad driving. Not destruction of property. Not the taking of human life or reckless endangerment. The crime is having the wrong substance in your blood. Yet it is possible, in fact, to have this substance in your blood, even while driving, and not commit anything like what has been traditionally called a crime.

What have we done by permitting government to criminalize the content of our blood instead of actions themselves? We have given it power to make the application of the law arbitrary, capricious, and contingent on the judgment of cops and cop technicians. Indeed, without the government’s "Breathalyzer," there is no way to tell for sure if we are breaking the law.

Sure, we can do informal calculations in our head, based on our weight and the amount of alcohol we have had over some period of time. But at best these will be estimates. We have to wait for the government to administer a test to tell us whether or not we are criminals. That’s not the way law is supposed to work. Indeed, this is a form of tyranny.

Now, the immediate response goes this way: drunk driving has to be illegal because the probability of causing an accident rises dramatically when you drink. The answer is just as simple: government in a free society should not deal in probabilities. The law should deal in actions and actions alone, and only insofar as they damage person or property. Probabilities are something for insurance companies to assess on a competitive and voluntary basis.

This is why the campaign against "racial profiling" has intuitive plausibility to many people: surely a person shouldn’t be hounded solely because some demographic groups have higher crime rates than others. Government should be preventing and punishing crimes themselves, not probabilities and propensities. Neither, then, should we have driver profiling, which assumes that just because a person has quaffed a few he is automatically a danger.

In fact, driver profiling is worse than racial profiling, because the latter only implies that the police are more watchful, not that they criminalize race itself. Despite the propaganda, what’s being criminalized in the case of drunk driving is not the probability that a person driving will get into an accident but the fact of the blood-alcohol content itself. A drunk driver is humiliated and destroyed even when he hasn’t done any harm.

Of course, enforcement is a serious problem. A sizeable number of people leaving a bar or a restaurant would probably qualify as DUI. But there is no way for the police to know unless they are tipped off by a swerving car or reckless driving in general. But the question becomes: why not ticket the swerving or recklessness and leave the alcohol out of it? Why indeed.

To underscore the fact that it is some level of drinking that is being criminalized, government sets up these outrageous, civil-liberties-violating barricades that stop people to check their blood – even when they have done nothing at all. This is a gross attack on liberty that implies that the government has and should have total control over us, extending even to the testing of intimate biological facts. But somehow we put up with it because we have conceded the first assumption that government ought to punish us for the content of our blood and not just our actions.

There are many factors that cause a person to drive poorly. You may have sore muscles after a weight-lifting session and have slow reactions. You could be sleepy. You could be in a bad mood, or angry after a fight with your spouse. Should the government be allowed to administer anger tests, tiredness tests, or soreness tests? That is the very next step, and don’t be surprised when Congress starts to examine this question.

Already, there’s a move on to prohibit cell phone use while driving. Such an absurdity follows from the idea that government should make judgments about what we are allegedly likely to do.

What’s more, some people drive more safely after a few drinks, precisely because they know their reaction time has been slowed and they must pay more attention to safety. We all know drunks who have an amazing ability to drive perfectly after being liquored up. They should be liberated from the force of the law, and only punished if they actually do something wrong.

We need to put a stop to this whole trend now. Drunk driving should be legalized. And please don’t write me to say: "I am offended by your insensitivity because my mother was killed by a drunk driver." Any person responsible for killing someone else is guilty of manslaughter or murder and should be punished accordingly. But it is perverse to punish a murderer not because of his crime but because of some biological consideration, e.g. he has red hair.

Bank robbers may tend to wear masks, but the crime they commit has nothing to do with the mask. In the same way, drunk drivers cause accidents but so do sober drivers, and many drunk drivers cause no accidents at all. The law should focus on violations of person and property, not scientific oddities like blood content.

There’s a final point against Clinton’s drunk-driving bill. It is a violation of states rights. Not only is there is no warrant in the Constitution for the federal government to legislate blood-alcohol content – the 10th amendment should prevent it from doing so. The question of drunk driving should first be returned to the states, and then each state should liberate drunk drivers from the force of the law
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:08 pm

I used to drive drunk all the time. I would never drive far, just from the bar or club downtown back home, a 5 or 6 minute drive, all on side roads mostly, and late at night.

All this talking about hitting families, bunny please. If there's a family or child awake at 2am they deserve to die. They're fair game.

And I can pass sobriety tests while drunk, most people can. If you're athletic it's easy as pie. All you lil hos like "oh i'd tell the cop waaaaaaaaaaah" go fucking say something yourself, pussies. Go tell the driver to call a cab or you're calling the cops, telling the cops, etc. Then let your lil bitchass get beat down, haha.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:14 pm

Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr is a moron. Driving is a privilege and if you're all wasted you don't have the ability to be driving safely and not put other peoples' lives at risk. The main reason people are punished for driving drunk is because their a lot more likely to cause accidents that sober drivers, that makes perfect sense. Not to mention that his comment that drunken driving profiling is worse that racial profiling is complete bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:15 pm

Steve wrote:
I used to drive drunk all the time. I would never drive far, just from the bar or club downtown back home, a 5 or 6 minute drive, all on side roads mostly, and late at night.

All this talking about hitting families, bunny please. If there's a family or child awake at 2am they deserve to die. They're fair game.

And I can pass sobriety tests while drunk, most people can. If you're athletic it's easy as pie. All you lil hos like "oh i'd tell the cop waaaaaaaaaaah" go fucking say something yourself, pussies. Go tell the driver to call a cab or you're calling the cops, telling the cops, etc. Then let your lil bitchass get beat down, haha.

finally, some sensibility in this fucking thread.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:22 pm

Esco wrote:
Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr is a moron. Driving is a privilege and if you're all wasted you don't have the ability to be driving safely and not put other peoples' lives at risk. The main reason people are punished for driving drunk is because their a lot more likely to cause accidents that sober drivers, that makes perfect sense. Not to mention that his comment that drunken driving profiling is worse that racial profiling is complete bullshit.

You're an idiot. Where do you get the idea that driving is a fucking privilege??? You big government dope, pull your head out of your ass. You missed Lew's point about why it was worse in his opinion, jackass, put your emotions aside for one second and let his explaination sink in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:24 pm

esco doesnt have a car ex, dont worry about him, lol
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:34 pm

Steve wrote:

lol, you're probably right!
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:36 pm

Haterex wrote:
Esco wrote:

You're an idiot. Where do you get the idea that driving is a fucking privilege??? You big government dope, pull your head out of your ass. You missed Lew's point about why it was worse in his opinion, jackass, put your emotions aside for one second and let his explaination sink in.

How the fuck is driving not a privilege? To get a license you have to pass a fucking driving test. You don't just get the fuck up one day and say "hey I think I'm just going to drive my happy ass somewhere".
And I do understand what that guy is say but just because you don't do anything wrong on the road doesn't mean you're not more at risk to do so.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:40 pm

Steve wrote:
what does not owning a car have to do with anything, I still know to drive.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:41 pm

You have to have a license to legally drive on public roads. I can drive in a private neighborhood or on private property all day without a license or with a suspended one. The act of driving isn't a fucking privilege.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:43 pm

Haterex wrote:
You have to have a license to legally drive on public roads. I can drive in a private neighborhood or on private property all day without a license or with a suspended one. The act of driving isn't a fucking privilege.

You just contradicted yourself "you have to have a license to legally drive on public roads", that makes it a privilege... and its your property you can do whatever you want, no one can say anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:44 pm

i cant rape billy goats on my property, as much as i would love to.

ex raped a hobo at my house one time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:47 pm

Haterex wrote:
The act of driving isn't a fucking privilege.

LOL @ Ex being irrational

How about this. It is a privilege because if you get caught, they will take your license away from you. This isn't the 70s-early 90s anymore when you'd get a slap on the wrist for drunk driving. You'll spend some time in jail for a 2nd time. And it just keeps getting worse after that. Not to mention all the money you'll lose over it. You can post all the articles you want. It doesn't make your thinking any less flawed.

Last edited by Minnesota Hip-Hop Fiend on Tue 09 Jun 2009, 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:47 pm

Steve wrote:
i cant rape billy goats on my property, as much as i would love to.

ex raped a hobo at my house one time

you took what I said to literally. so I'll rephrase - You can do whatever you want on your property, except getting involved in illegal activities.

Oh and fucking thank you pounds!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 3:07 pm

Steve wrote:

Hold on now Steve. People go on road trips, or families who don't have an RV can be seen on the road all the time. You have know idea what the circumstances are that could cause a person or family to be on the road at 2am, so that right there is very narrow minded and ignorant of you to say such a thing. I've had two (that's right, two) loved ones die because of a drunk driver. Both were driving through Tennesee, and traveling to gospel events. One person was my aunt (grandma's sister) and the other one was my cousin's 11 year old daughter(who happened to die on her birthday). My cousin was lucky to live, but she has been in a wheelchair for 6 years due to a crushed pelvis, and each time her daughter's birthday comes around, it gets really hard for her. My grandma's sister died back in 86, and my cousin's daughter died in 03. Oh, and neither incidents happened at 2am. You have to be extra aware of who is on the road because you never know what kind of people are driving. The same goes with any other time people are driving.

You guys will say different when somebody real close to you dies from the impact of a drunk driver. Maybe it'll change how you feel about the whole thing.

As far as the scenario goes, I would give that drunk driver some space and get the hell away from him quickly. Hopefully, the cop will catch up to him and arrest him. People are going to make their choices regardless if they conflict with your ethics code. Besides, if the cop is on his A game, he would spot the drunk person out, watch him get in his car, and pull him over shortly after.

By the way, driving IS a privilege , NOT a right. From what I understand, that saying should be in the manual you get at the DMV, or through your Driver's ed class. In fact, if you took driver's ed in high school, it is one of the very first lesson.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 3:10 pm

Haterex wrote:

How about this. It is a privilege because if you get caught, they will take your license away from you. This isn't the 70s-early 90s anymore when you'd get a slap on the wrist for drunk driving. You'll spend some time in jail for a 2nd time. And it just keeps getting worse after that. Not to mention all the money you'll lose over it. You can post all the articles you want. It doesn't make your thinking any less flawed.

providing information on how harsh a punishment for an unjust law is doesn't make your thinking any less flawed either Alan. It used to be against the law for a black person to sit at the front of a bus. Just because it's a law on the books doesn't mean it's not ridiculous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 3:17 pm

Haterex wrote:
Haterex wrote:

providing information on how harsh a punishment for an unjust law is doesn't make your thinking any less flawed either Alan. It used to be against the law for a black person to sit at the front of a bus. Just because it's a law on the books doesn't mean it's not ridiculous.

Ridiculous or not, that makes driving a privilege. And just because you are a self proclaimed excellent drunk driver, doesn't mean 95% of drunk drivers are safe.

And no offense to A. Scott, but some of these drunk girls I see getting DWI's shouldn't be behind the wheel sober....my roommate for instance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 3:25 pm

Quote :
And no offense to A. Scott, but some of these drunk girls I see getting DWI's shouldn't be behind the wheel sober....my roommate for instance.

I agree. I can't count how many times I've seen some dumb chick trying to drive. Some of them drive like crap when they are sober, let alone when they are drunk. Whenever I'm riding around and my husband is driving, I have taken the habit of counting how many people I see talking on the phone while driving. Usually, 4 out of 5 are women, or girls. I'm thinking that it must be a requirement for people to be on the phone while driving out here. I don't drive while talking on the phone. The person calling me will just have to wait until I get home. I do most of my drinking at home, unless I go to a restaurant and have a couple of beers with my meal. I'll ask for a glass of water to go with my order so I won't get too inebriated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 4:47 pm

A. Scott, there is no fucking reason for a family to be on the road at 2am besides bad parenting. And who fucking cares if some people died from drunk drivers; that's a risk you take getting behind the wheel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 4:52 pm

what are you talking about 2 am. i get smashed at all times of the day so you never know when i well be on the road.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 4:55 pm

are you a family, or a child fuckface? no.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 4:59 pm

Steve wrote:

all i can say is i hope when you have a family they are killed by a drunk driver
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 5:05 pm

Steve wrote:
A. Scott, there is no fucking reason for a family to be on the road at 2am besides bad parenting.

Ummmm. How about traveling in an RV or a van for a family vacation??? (or something like that)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 5:07 pm

[quote="Steve" And who fucking cares if some people died from drunk drivers; that's a risk you take getting behind the wheel.[/quote]

The likelihood of killing somebody is a risk the driver takes when he gets behind the wheel when he or she is drunk, therefore it is up to them to be careful.

I bet if somebody close to you dies from a drunk driver, you'd say differently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 6:22 pm

Regarding legalizing drunk driving, I don't think it should be legal or illegal. All that does is take away the person's right to choose whether they drive drunk or sober regardless of the substance that driver has in their system.

Now if the driver kills someone or gets into a wreck, that driver better be able to step up and deal with all of the consequences.

Last edited by a.scott on Tue 09 Jun 2009, 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 7:04 pm

The Mothafuckin GZA wrote:
Steve wrote:

all i can say is i hope when you have a family they are killed by a drunk driver

wow, thats a pretty fucked up thing to say.

but if my child ends up growing to be anything like you i hope they are killed by a drunk driver. have your parents killed themself yet knowing they brought someone like you into the world yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 8:27 pm

your the one who said family deserve to be killed by drunk drivers. thats just as fucked up, so your no better then me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 8:29 pm

"All this talking about hitting families, bunny please. If there's a family or child awake at 2am they deserve to die. They're fair game."

"A. Scott, there is no fucking reason for a family to be on the road at 2am besides bad parenting. And who fucking cares if some people died from drunk drivers; that's a risk you take getting behind the wheel."

Thats some fucked up shit your saying steve. I have lost family and friends to drunk driving and all i can say is i hope you do to so you can stop making these stupid ass comments online.

I dont know what happened to you, you used to be a decent poster but now you just act like some wanna be cool douche bag.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Whistle Blower Scenario'   'Whistle Blower Scenario' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Whistle Blower Scenario'
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Classic Threads and Discussions-
Jump to: