Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD

Go down 
+4
Deanie O'Banion
T. Myers
Myestro
Laced With Slang
8 posters

?
top 5
TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Vote_lcap8%TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
top 10
TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Vote_lcap8%TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
top 20
TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Vote_lcap42%TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
top 30
 8% [ 1 ]
top 40
TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Vote_lcap0%TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
top 50
 8% [ 1 ]
neither
TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Vote_lcap25%TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Empty
PostSubject: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 4:54 pm

Bobby Digital - In Stereo

TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD 200px-Bobby_Digital_is_Stereo

so we realized there are too many damn Wu affiliated albums to make it interesting with only a top 30.

The polls are slightly changed but it wont affect the 36 Chambers poll since everyone picked the top 5 option for that...

Last edited by Slang Editorial on Sat 19 Jun 2010, 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 4:56 pm

the voting in increments of 10 makes it a little easier...

that said my top 15 vote still stands, so voting top 20
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 5:00 pm

There aren't 50 dope Wu albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 5:05 pm

N3R0N0N Of 0nslaught3r wrote:

Yes there are, you're just a Wu hater. If you don't like this topic then don't participate in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 5:06 pm

Oh, so you're a midwest hater, and you speak on the midwest all the time. Soooooooo shut the fuck up.

Also, name 50 Wu albums that are above 3 stars. Please.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 5:20 pm

Oh, so you're a midwest hater, and you speak on the midwest all the time. Soooooooo shut the fuck up.

Also, name 50 Wu albums that are above 3 stars. Please.

um, there are easily 50

36 Chambers
forever
the W
iron flag
8 diagrams
ironman
supreme clientele
bulletproof wallets
pretty toney album
fishscale
cuban linx
cuban linx 2
liquid swords
beneath the surface
grandmasters
no said date
golden arms redemption
dopium
made in brooklyn
bobby digital in stereo
digital bullet
pro tools
uncontrolled substance
the swarm
heavy mental
heist of the century
silent weapons for quiet wars
the offering
dirty weaponry
fear, love, and war
wu-syndicate
the pillage
tical
tical 2000
blackout
blackout 2
4:21 the day after
6 feet deep
pick, sickle, and shovel
afro samurai
aka the rugged child
the last shall be first
great migration
freedom of speech
I
renaissance child
razahs ladder
granddaddy flow
prince of new york
birth of a prince
wu meets indie culture
black market militia
priesthood

^ those are at least 3 stars, and there are others to me that are at least 3 stars
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 5:50 pm

I DON'T hate the Midwest, but you DO hate Wu-Tang. Soooooooooo shut the fuck up!!!
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 6:10 pm

I said probably in the 9-12 range (in the other thread) and voted Top 15, so here I have to say Top 20.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 6:11 pm

I agree. I luv the Wu and they have a good amount of high quality but they also have a good amount medicore quality like everyone else with this much output.

Top 20 since I have'nt heard it in a long time.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 6:19 pm

KRob86 wrote:

I agree. I luv the Wu and they have a good amount of high quality but they also have a good amount medicore quality like everyone else with this much output.

Top 20 since I have'nt heard it in a long time.

N3R0's premise was that there aren't 50 Wu albums higer than 3 stars. Slang listed over 50 albums that are over 3 stars. Which ones do you disagree with?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 6:39 pm

Well I wasn't responding to the 3 star and above battle I was talking about there aren't 50 sure fire dope Wu cd's imo. For example from that list that supports my statement:

iron flag
beneath the surface
golden arms redemption
dopium
digital bullet
the swarm
tical 2000
6 feet deep
pick, sickle, and shovel
aka the rugged child
prince of new york
birth of a prince

All of those are very average at best not nothing to use to try show the Wu has a dope legacy.

Last edited by KRob86 on Sat 19 Jun 2010, 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 6:45 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Well I wasn't responding to the 3 star and above battle I was talking about there aren't 50 sure fire dope Wu cd's imo. For example from that list that supports my statement:

iron flag
beneath the surface
golden arms redemption
dopium
digital bullet
the swarm
tical 2000
6 feet deep
pick, sickle, and shovel
aka the rugged child
prince of new york
birth of a prince

All of those are very average at best not nothing to use to try show the Wu has a dope legacy.

Hmm, i disagree with some of those, but there are some that are closer to average than they are dope. I don't think the ones bringing up the back of the top 50 will be great. I just think there are enough good-great albums to justify a top 50.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 7:07 pm

Maybe top 10, I'll go 15 though.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 7:08 pm

I guess I wont, top 20 hahahahha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 8:02 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

iron flag
beneath the surface
golden arms redemption
dopium
digital bullet
the swarm
tical 2000
6 feet deep
pick, sickle, and shovel
aka the rugged child
prince of new york
birth of a prince

Hmm, i disagree with some of those, but there are some that are closer to average than they are dope. I don't think the ones bringing up the back of the top 50 will be great. I just think there are enough good-great albums to justify a top 50.

Kev you're crazy dude. Most of those are dope.....Especially 6 Feet Deep and Beneath The Surface. The former being a personal classic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 8:16 pm

Yeah I meant to take 6 Feet Deep off but didn't notice I didn't. Same with 4:21. But those are not classic to me nor that great either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 8:23 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Yeah I meant to take 6 Feet Deep off but didn't notice I didn't. Same with 4:21. But those are not classic to me nor that great either.

4:21 is at least 4 stars IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 8:53 pm

Top 20
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 9:55 pm

30, as I were.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 10:27 pm

top 50, I always struggled to really get into this release.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 10:33 am

KRob86 wrote:

iron flag
beneath the surface
golden arms redemption
dopium
digital bullet
the swarm
tical 2000
6 feet deep
pick, sickle, and shovel
aka the rugged child
prince of new york
birth of a prince

The ones in bold are at least 4 stars IMO. Even higher on the Gravediggaz albums.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 10:35 am

I fucking love this album. RZA's flow is mad underrated IMO.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 12:10 pm

Alan wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

iron flag
beneath the surface
golden arms redemption
dopium
digital bullet
the swarm
tical 2000
6 feet deep
pick, sickle, and shovel
aka the rugged child
prince of new york
birth of a prince

The ones in bold are at least 4 stars IMO. Even higher on the Gravediggaz albums.

damn The Swarm is damn near classic to me...you need to revisit that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 1:54 pm

Half of those aren't even Wu albums. Anything M-80 touches isn't Wu. Is DZK Wu? No. So how is Tragedy's group Wu? Or Gravediggaz (started by PRINCE PAUL, NOT RZA, and was around long than Wu). How are you counting compilations, too, like The Swarm? That's not an "album" IMO. Otherwise you might as well count greatest hits and shit like that, too. It's whatever.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 3:23 pm

Half of those aren't even Wu albums. Anything M-80 touches isn't Wu. Is DZK Wu? No. So how is Tragedy's group Wu? Or Gravediggaz (started by PRINCE PAUL, NOT RZA, and was around long than Wu). How are you counting compilations, too, like The Swarm? That's not an "album" IMO. Otherwise you might as well count greatest hits and shit like that, too. It's whatever.

The Swarm and The Sting are compilation albums by the Wu Tang Killer Beez, if you want to be precise about it. And weve counted compilation albums in every other thread...Soundbombing, Movie soundtracks, etc.

and if the Swarm isnt Wu to you i dont know what is.

And once again, this thread is for Wu affiliated/related albums. The Gravediggaz are related since Rza is in the group. Rza is a main group member and one of his albums cont. Also, The pick, sickle, and shovel had almost all Wu Elements producing, with tons of Wu features...

I didn't list any albums that were started/created by M-80

Black Market Militia - 3 of its members are direct wu affiliates from the 90's, thats Wu.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 6:00 pm

I'd have to agree with most of that. Just commenting on the one's listed...
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 6:01 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Alan wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

iron flag
beneath the surface
golden arms redemption
dopium
digital bullet
the swarm
tical 2000
6 feet deep
pick, sickle, and shovel
aka the rugged child
prince of new york
birth of a prince

damn The Swarm is damn near classic to me...you need to revisit that

I probably should. I got it on cassette....should bump it again since I haven't bumped it much to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 12:21 am

Top 20
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD   TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TOP 50 WU-TANG ALBUMS: DAY 2 (REDO)...VOTE IN THIS THREAD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: