Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eminem & Slaughterhouse

Go down 
+3
Z-membu
T. Myers
E. Taylor
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Eminem & Slaughterhouse Empty
PostSubject: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 9:42 pm

HOT DAMN this is complete FIRE!!!!! All 5 of these guys spit on this HOT Just Blaze track. Eminem may have just earned himself a new fan with this (I already have the Slaughterhouse album, lol) and I just may cop this guy's discography after hearing this joint! Damn!!!!!

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/id.11300/title.eminem-f-slaughterhouse-session-one-prod-just-blaze
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 10:29 pm

I think you should "SSLP", "MMLP", and "Eminem Show". Nothing at all wrong with those albums. And dude never has been a gimmick, when he's spittin he's one of the top mc's in the game. He just fell into some things on "Encore" and "Relapse" that he never should have done. If he and Slaughterhouse do hook up for an album, I expect something worthy of possible album of the year consideration.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 10:30 pm

Although I guess you could say the shock lyrics could be seen as a gimmick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 10:31 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
I think you should "SSLP", "MMLP", and "Eminem Show". Nothing at all wrong with those albums. And dude never has been a gimmick, when he's spittin he's one of the top mc's in the game. He just fell into some things on "Encore" and "Relapse" that he never should have done. If he and Slaughterhouse do hook up for an album, I expect something worthy of possible album of the year consideration.

If they do hook up for an album, that would be great. As of right now, I'm thinking about which albums I'm going get man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 10:33 pm

SSLP is my favorite Eminem CD. Raw lyricism, dope beats - classic.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 10:37 pm

Co-sign SRP. Everyone always praises "MMLP" and it's a classic too, but I've always leaned more toward "SSLP" as far as my favorite from him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 10:38 pm

I'm hearing a lot of positive praise, thus far, about Em's new album.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 10:44 pm

Yeah, I would stop short of saying Em is all the way back on this new one. However, it is a definite step in the right direction. "Encore" and "Relapse" he just used that stupid accent way too much. I think he did it to be funny but if anything it was annoying. On "Recovery" the accent is gone and he really steps up from the last 2 efforts, although i didn't hate "Relapse".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 10:52 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
Yeah, I would stop short of saying Em is all the way back on this new one. However, it is a definite step in the right direction. "Encore" and "Relapse" he just used that stupid accent way too much. I think he did it to be funny but if anything it was annoying. On "Recovery" the accent is gone and he really steps up from the last 2 efforts, although i didn't hate "Relapse".

I'm reading some reviews right now on "Encore" and "Relapse". Should I avoid these two? It's pretty much a given that I'm going to get his first three albums, and more than likely "Recovery".
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 10:57 pm

MMLP
SSLP

The Eminem Show

Recovery
Relapse

Encore

^^^That's how they stack up IMO.

Last edited by T. Myers on Mon 21 Jun 2010, 10:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 10:58 pm

"Encore" is complete and utter trash. "Relapse" is better and has it's moments. But it can come after you get his first 3 and the new one.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 11:06 pm

Yeah, it's definately dope. Thier styles complement each other very well.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 11:10 pm

I don't think Em mentioned Dre once on Recovery. I think Dre only produced one or two tracks. That's significant. I like the new direction Em seems to be going.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 11:12 pm

Just listened to the song. Fire! Am I mistaken or did I not hear Budden?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 11:37 pm

E. Taylor wrote:

I only listened to it once thus far. I think Budden was on there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 11:40 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
"Encore" is complete and utter trash. "Relapse" is better and has it's moments. But it can come after you get his first 3 and the new one.

I'll admit, I did listen to Relapse a few months ago in one complete shot, and I wasn't too impressed. I may have to revisit that one. So overall nothing on Encore that would make that album even worthy of a purchase?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 7:38 am

Here's how I rank

MMLP
Eminem Show (real personal album here)
SSLP
Relapse
Recovery
Encore

I haven't heard Recovery enough yet to rank it but from one listen I kow its better than Encore and it may even be betta than Relapse. I just want to make sure its not the "new cd" jitters thats making Recovery sound so good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 8:03 am

MMLP, Eminem Show, Recovery, Relapse (Refill), I'm buying all of those on Friday. Encore, still not sure about that one.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 8:12 am

Wayne wrote:
E. Taylor wrote:

I'll admit, I did listen to Relapse a few months ago in one complete shot, and I wasn't too impressed. I may have to revisit that one. So overall nothing on Encore that would make that album even worthy of a purchase?

For the right price, it would be worth it for a few tracks, but that's it. There are a few other Em related projects you should peep before Encore IMO.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 8:13 am

E. Taylor wrote:

I don't remember Budden on there either.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 1:09 pm

T. Myers wrote:
E. Taylor wrote:

I don't remember Budden on there either.

I was disappointed when I didn't hear Budden. I was really looking forward to his verse. That one comment that said he wasn't on the track cause Lil B ended his career made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 1:20 pm

MMLP is his best, in my opinion, followed by SSLP and then the Eminem Show. Encore and Relapse are about the same to me - didn't like them at all really, and I haven't listened to all of Recovery yet so I can't rank it. Infinite wasn't too bad IMO but I don't really consider it to be part of his discog, there's something about that album that makes me put it in a separate bracket along with Off The Wall, etc.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 1:36 pm

Wayne wrote:
MMLP, Eminem Show, Recovery, Relapse (Refill), I'm buying all of those on Friday. Encore, still not sure about that one.

Don't forget "SSLP"!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 3:07 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
Wayne wrote:

Don't forget "SSLP"!

Oh yeah, I'm not going to forget that one, lol.
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 3:46 pm

Amalgam wouldn't let Budden be on the track..
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 3:51 pm

The song is nice but I won't be paying 14.99 for the deluxe version on Itunes to get it. I'll just listen to it on hiphopdx when I want to hear it.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 4:20 pm

Justice wrote:
Amalgam wouldn't let Budden be on the track..

Fuck Amalgam. That's all I have to say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eminem & Slaughterhouse   Eminem & Slaughterhouse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eminem & Slaughterhouse
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: