Hip-Hop 4 Life
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Albums that grew on you

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Albums that grew on you   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 3:50 pm

I'm not sure if I started a thread like this before.

You don't have to name every album in this category, but name an album (or some albums) that you weren't feeling when you initially listened to it the first time, but after the second, third, or perhaps fourth or more times, it grew on you.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
avatar

Posts : 3100
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : SLO

PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 4:09 pm

Not a specific album, but artist. Bavgate. I was not a No Limit Fan other than a few tracks here & there, so I didn't listen to Steady Mobbin back in the day. Bavgate takes a while to get into with his monotone flow.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 4:16 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
Not a specific album, but artist. Bavgate. I was not a No Limit Fan other than a few tracks here & there, so I didn't listen to Steady Mobbin back in the day. Bavgate takes a while to get into with his monotone flow.

Surprisingly I've heard both of Steady Mobbin's albums on No Limit.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
avatar

Posts : 3100
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : SLO

PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 4:31 pm

Wayne wrote:
RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
Not a specific album, but artist. Bavgate. I was not a No Limit Fan other than a few tracks here & there, so I didn't listen to Steady Mobbin back in the day. Bavgate takes a while to get into with his monotone flow.

Surprisingly I've heard both of Steady Mobbin's albums on No Limit.

Yeah they're good, I slept for far too long just because of the label.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 4:33 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
Wayne wrote:
RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
Not a specific album, but artist. Bavgate. I was not a No Limit Fan other than a few tracks here & there, so I didn't listen to Steady Mobbin back in the day. Bavgate takes a while to get into with his monotone flow.

Surprisingly I've heard both of Steady Mobbin's albums on No Limit.

Yeah they're good, I slept for far too long just because of the label.

I wouldn't go back and listen to them personally. Also, one album that immediately comes to mind, regarding growing on me, is the UGK4Life album. When I played it the second time, I enjoyed it more.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
avatar

Posts : 2232
Join date : 2009-05-26
Age : 41
Location : Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 5:46 pm

Blackalicious "Blazing Arrow"
Edan "Beauty & The Beat"
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
avatar

Posts : 4016
Join date : 2009-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 6:03 pm

Black Moon "Enta Da Stage". I was bumping this yesterday in the headphones, and man this shit is 20x better than I remembered it being. A lot of bangers on here, make munne, munne, munne!!! Oh, and "Ack Like U Want It" is the fucking cut!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 6:07 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
Black Moon "Enta Da Stage". I was bumping this yesterday in the headphones, and man this shit is 20x better than I remembered it being. A lot of bangers on here, make munne, munne, munne!!! Oh, and "Ack Like U Want It" is the fucking cut!

Enta Da Stage is one of my favorites. Make Munne, Ack Like U Want It, classic stuff. "Load the clip, buss lead to the head/The nappy headed dread, Buckshot, and bald head". Always liked this album.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
avatar

Posts : 10096
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 27
Location : Eardrum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quality

PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 6:24 pm

Nas- Untitled, defintely

_________________
[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
avatar

Posts : 5364
Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 36
Location : Minneapolis, MN

PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 6:42 pm

Pretty much every album ever made by The Roots.

Except The Tipping Point. That one hit me with the quickness. It also has become one of my least favorite Roots albums though (except the first cut....probably my all time favorite Roots song). The albums are so layered, their intricacies usually hit me after several repeat listens....only then do I feel like I truly know the album through and through...
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
avatar

Posts : 3100
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 121
Location : Midland, NC USA

PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 6:44 pm

Wayne wrote:
RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
Wayne wrote:
RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
Not a specific album, but artist. Bavgate. I was not a No Limit Fan other than a few tracks here & there, so I didn't listen to Steady Mobbin back in the day. Bavgate takes a while to get into with his monotone flow.

Surprisingly I've heard both of Steady Mobbin's albums on No Limit.

Yeah they're good, I slept for far too long just because of the label.

I wouldn't go back and listen to them personally. Also, one album that immediately comes to mind, regarding growing on me, is the UGK4Life album. When I played it the second time, I enjoyed it more.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 6:45 pm

J. Linker of 0nSlaught3r wrote:
Wayne wrote:
RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
Wayne wrote:
RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
Not a specific album, but artist. Bavgate. I was not a No Limit Fan other than a few tracks here & there, so I didn't listen to Steady Mobbin back in the day. Bavgate takes a while to get into with his monotone flow.

Surprisingly I've heard both of Steady Mobbin's albums on No Limit.

Yeah they're good, I slept for far too long just because of the label.

I wouldn't go back and listen to them personally. Also, one album that immediately comes to mind, regarding growing on me, is the UGK4Life album. When I played it the second time, I enjoyed it more.


I was serious with that one, lol.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 7:56 pm

Outkast ATLiens comes to mind. They completely flipped the script on me and it really threw me off. Now its a top 10-15 fav of mine of all time.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 8:06 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Outkast ATLiens comes to mind. They completely flipped the script on me and it really threw me off. Now its a top 10-15 fav of mine of all time.

What's your rating for this album KRob?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 8:10 pm

Wayne wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Outkast ATLiens comes to mind. They completely flipped the script on me and it really threw me off. Now its a top 10-15 fav of mine of all time.

What's your rating for this album KRob?

Obviously it's 5 stars for him if he said it's in his Top 10-15 of all time.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
avatar

Posts : 771
Join date : 2009-05-29
Age : 26
Location : Where trunks knock a lot and weed spark a lot, GA

PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 11:20 pm

Only Built 4 Cuban Linx. I got that album when I was just getting into hip hop and it was just so different from anything I had ever heard at that point and there was just so much to digest. But now it is one of my favorite albums of all time.
Back to top Go down
hipp0319
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2009-09-15
Age : 28
Location : Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 11:34 pm

anything from k-rino
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
avatar

Posts : 2569
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 27
Location : Syncopated City, FL

PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 11:37 pm

No album in particular that I can think of but an artist that comes to mind is Del. When I first heard him I wasn't exactly all that impressed but after going through his discography he's become my favorite rapper.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 12:15 am

gametheory91 wrote:
Only Built 4 Cuban Linx. I got that album when I was just getting into hip hop and it was just so different from anything I had ever heard at that point and there was just so much to digest. But now it is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Oh yes, the CLASSIC Cuban Linx. This album has been a part of my collection since its release in August of 95, my #2 favorite album of all time.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
avatar

Posts : 10096
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 27
Location : Eardrum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quality

PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 4:04 am

hipp0319 wrote:
anything from k-rino

Exactly.

_________________
[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 4:48 am

Bazooka Tooth
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 10:56 am

Monster Booty. At first I resisted the raw urge to shake my ass, but eventually I gave in and not a day goes by I do not play this CD.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
avatar

Posts : 6865
Join date : 2009-06-12
Age : 241
Location : A Clean, Well-Lighted Place

PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 11:18 am

Kid Joe wrote:
Bazooka Tooth

Same here. None Shall Pass as well.

Abandoned Language by Dalek and The Ownerz by Gang Starr recently grew on me a lot. I give Abandoned Language 5 stars and The Ownerz 4.25 maybe even 4.5 stars now.

_________________
a.k.a AFutureWithoutAPast, Kendrick Davis

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 11:21 am

halfsharkalligatorhalfman wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:
Bazooka Tooth

Same here. None Shall Pass as well.

Abandoned Language by Dalek and The Ownerz by Gang Starr recently grew on me a lot. I give Abandoned Language 5 stars and The Ownerz 4.25 maybe even 4.5 stars now.

I still have Ownerz @ 4 stars. Good choice though.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 2:48 pm

None Shall Pass struck me as dope out the gate. I'm a nerdy white dude, myself, though. What's up with Monster Booty? Ima need a full report on my desk (in reviews?) yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 2:50 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Booty-Various-Artists/dp/B00005AQ1J/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1277405393&sr=8-1

Three reviews by the same person confirm the dopeness that is Monster Booty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Albums that grew on you   

Back to top Go down
 
Albums that grew on you
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Comedy Albums.
» Blue Oyster Cult - The Complete Columbia Albums Box Set
» UG's Top 10 Prog Albums Of All Time
» Top Selling Rock Albums Of All Time
» Top 10 Christian rock/metal albums?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: