Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Curious question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Curious question Empty
PostSubject: Curious question   Curious question Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 5:06 pm

Don't laugh at me for this one y'all, lol. This is something I've been thinking about for a minute and I'm looking for a little feedback, but first, a little backstory.

In March of last year, I bought a VIZIO HD television (can't recall the size, but it was a nice sized TV for its size and price) and a Magnavox Blu Ray player. Real estatic about everything. I did buy and order a few Blu Ray DVDs, and I was VERY impressed with the picture for all of this. Months later, things happened, and by my own decision, I no longer have the TV or the Blu Ray player in my possession (that's a LONG story that I'm not going into on here, respectively). I still have the Blu Ray DVDs though.

So, with all of that being said, if you were in my position, would you:

A) Keep the DVDs until the day you actually get another Blu Ray player, even though you're not planning on getting one any time soon

B) Sell the DVDs, and possibly go back and buy the standard DVD version of the movies

C) Sell the DVDs and not buy the standard DVD versions
Back to top Go down

Curious question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious question   Curious question Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 5:08 pm

damn...well I would probably do B or C if the price is right. IF you paid like 25 for the blu rays and you can only get 5 for em I would just keep em.. dvds are dirt cheap now especially on amazon and stuff so I would just replace the cheap ones...did K. Rob you?
Back to top Go down

Curious question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious question   Curious question Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 5:11 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
damn...well I would probably do B or C if the price is right. IF you paid like 25 for the blu rays and you can only get 5 for em I would just keep em.. dvds are dirt cheap now especially on amazon and stuff so I would just replace the cheap ones...did K. Rob you?

Some of them were around $25, but not all of them.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Curious question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious question   Curious question Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 6:04 pm

I recently shed all of my posessions except my car and my entertainment set up. There is something refreshing about getting rid of shit you don't need. Along with that, I gave all of my DVDs to a charity sale. I did keep a few essential classics. Basically, I felt I was being ridiculous to collect movies (and pretty much everything else).

I mean, are you really going to watch these over and over like Lebowski? The money you spent on them isn't part of the equation at this point. Are they worth more to you than you can get for them? That's the bottom line.

Do you know anyone who would appreciate them and use them? Give to a friend.
Back to top Go down

Curious question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious question   Curious question Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 6:30 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
I recently shed all of my posessions except my car and my entertainment set up. There is something refreshing about getting rid of shit you don't need. Along with that, I gave all of my DVDs to a charity sale. I did keep a few essential classics. Basically, I felt I was being ridiculous to collect movies (and pretty much everything else).

I mean, are you really going to watch these over and over like Lebowski? The money you spent on them isn't part of the equation at this point. Are they worth more to you than you can get for them? That's the bottom line.

I would say that all of the movies I have on Blu Ray are certainly movies I would watch again.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Curious question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious question   Curious question Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 6:32 pm

I still don't know what a damn Blu Ray is
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Curious question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious question   Curious question Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 6:32 pm

Well, like I said. Put a price value to em. If you can get it, sell. If not, don't.

They're just movies, at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down

Curious question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious question   Curious question Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 6:36 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Well, like I said. Put a price value to em. If you can get it, sell. If not, don't.

They're just movies, at the end of the day.

I hear you on that. My thing is, I currently don't have a Blu Ray and I don't even know if I'll get one in the future. I asked myself, "could I do without Blu Ray and just continue with standard DVDs", I honestly did say yes Kid Joe.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Curious question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious question   Curious question Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 6:44 pm

I never bothered. I was thinking about getting a PS3, but that's just for free online play. I don't even think I'd hit up Blockbuster to rent Blu-Ray movies. Of course, I don't have any experience with them. The resolution and rapid upload on my 360 is plenty nice enough.
Back to top Go down

Curious question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious question   Curious question Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 6:48 pm

J. Linker of 0nSlaught3r wrote:

Wow, lol.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

Curious question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious question   Curious question Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 6:58 pm

sell em on craigslist as a bundle, all together one price...just leave em on there, someones gonna look

or

ebay

Back to top Go down

Curious question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious question   Curious question Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 7:02 pm

Here's another question I have: would selling the Blu Ray DVDs and buying the standard DVD versions be a good decision considering all I've said so far?
Back to top Go down

Curious question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious question   Curious question Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 7:03 pm

it depends... are you going to watch those movies over and over again? if yes then do it... if not, just sell them... I find very few movies I watch more than once.. and even those I only purchase dirt cheap
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Curious question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious question   Curious question Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 7:04 pm

Well, regardless if you go back to a Blu-Ray player, the movies will always be usable if you replace them with standard. So yes, it would be better than having unwatchable DVDs in a box.
Back to top Go down

Curious question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious question   Curious question Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 7:06 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
it depends... are you going to watch those movies over and over again? if yes then do it... if not, just sell them... I find very few movies I watch more than once.. and even those I only purchase dirt cheap

I can honestly say I would revisit the movies, also, 4 of those movies are long time favorites of mine.
Back to top Go down

Curious question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious question   Curious question Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 7:26 pm

SMH @ Linker, we had a discussion about them the other day in the chatbox. You got short attention span???

And Wayne, If they are movies in which you can see yourself watching several times once you get another Blu-Ray player, then keep them. Otherwise sell them or give them to a friend or relative who has Blu-Ray.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

Curious question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious question   Curious question Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010, 8:37 am

craigslist craigslist craigslist craigslist craigslist craigslist craigslist craigslist craigslist
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Curious question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious question   Curious question Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010, 5:58 pm

Kid Joe wrote:

I agree with you on the movies. I sold about 30 of mine on Amazon in the past year...for decent money. I got another 30 or so that aren't even worth my time to sell on Amazon and drive to the post office....I'd make less than a dollar.. Sad. I paid like $10-$20 for each of them new and now they're a penny on Amazon...smh. I should probably just give most of them away like you did...that shit stacks up too quick.
Back to top Go down

Curious question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious question   Curious question Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010, 5:59 pm

Alan wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

I agree with you on the movies. I sold about 30 of mine on Amazon in the past year...for decent money. I got another 30 or so that aren't even worth my time to sell on Amazon and drive to the post office....I'd make less than a dollar.. Sad. I paid like $10-$20 for each of them new and now they're a penny on Amazon...smh. I should probably just give most of them away like you did...that shit stacks up too quick.

And I'm still thinking about what I'm going to do, lol.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Curious question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious question   Curious question Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010, 6:05 pm

LOL....all you have to know is it's higher quality. HD. But if you're like me, you wouldn't really care.

Hell, I don't even plan on buying a flat screen TV (LCD, Plasma, or LED) for a long long time. You know why? Everyone wants to dump their old tube televisions on people for free....just to get rid of them because they take up space. That's how we got EVERY TV in my household....lol. Hell, one just died. I just called up my old man...he had two 32" tubes just sitting in his basement collecting dust. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Curious question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious question   Curious question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Curious question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: