Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DITC - Volume 1

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

DITC - Volume 1 Empty
PostSubject: DITC - Volume 1   DITC - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010, 8:46 pm

Welcome to Diggin In The Collection, Volume 1. I am your host, Lounge.

Today an album which is probably not that well known, from an old group PG-13, Rollin Wit Da Pg.

From 1990 on Big Beat Productions, it was produced by Unknown and Compton's Most Wanted's DJ Slip.

MC Eiht just did some guest vocals but no rapping, on one of the tracks, Young Riders.

The group was from Compton area, maybe Inglewood... They combine a little bit of street topics mixed in with some love/teenage stuff and just general raps.

The album has some good beats and overall the songs are enjoyable to me. The guys rapping don't do a bad job, they are decent enough and lol at one of them whose voice sounds like an imitation of Tone Loc. I pulled this one off the shelf recently for some spins so thought I would write something about it, maybe some will like to check it out.

Rollin' Wit da PG
Teenage Reporter
Young Riders
Child's Play
Still a Young Man
Something You Can Chill To
Plug da Mic
Funky Intro
The Barney Miller
Keep Steppin'
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

DITC - Volume 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DITC - Volume 1   DITC - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010, 8:59 pm

Lol, I thought this was a DITC (the group) thread. What would you rate this one, Lounge?
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

DITC - Volume 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DITC - Volume 1   DITC - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010, 9:14 pm

Shaun wrote:
Lol, I thought this was a DITC (the group) thread. What would you rate this one, Lounge?

Haha I know... I would probably rate it around 3.5 - 3.75... It's a decent album, and enjoyable to listen, has some nice saxophone and jazzy stuff in the mix too which I think I forgot to mention. Not a classic album but imo it is worthy of hearing. If people would like to hear some more I can post some more tracks on youtube when I get some time.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

DITC - Volume 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DITC - Volume 1   DITC - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 4:37 pm

Sorry Lounge, never heard of this.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

DITC - Volume 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DITC - Volume 1   DITC - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 5:01 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
Sorry Lounge, never heard of this.

haha no need for apologies Tran, that's the purpose of these threads, to bring some likely unknown albums to light that are anywhere from above average to classic but I am only picking stuff from my collection at the moment. Don't know if you will like this one or not with it being 20 years old now? I had a look and this one has 2 copies for 75 cents on Amazon at the moment for anyone interested.
Back to top Go down

DITC - Volume 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DITC - Volume 1   DITC - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 5:52 pm

This was cool, definitely old school and a little dated, but quality stuff. Fans of early 1990s hip-hop should peep this. Specifically KJ and Powell and Terrell.
Back to top Go down

DITC - Volume 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DITC - Volume 1   DITC - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 10:34 pm

LOL I wish I would...lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DITC - Volume 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DITC - Volume 1   DITC - Volume 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DITC - Volume 1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Old Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: