Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Marshall Mathers LP

Go down 
+4
Shaun
Jason
Esco
T. Myers
8 posters
AuthorMessage

The Marshall Mathers LP Empty
PostSubject: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jun 2010, 9:46 am

I played this yesterday for the first time since 2002, and I'll admit, I shortchanged this album quite a bit when I last played it. I like this joint a lot. My rating is 4.5 right now, that may change.

Next up: The Eminem Show
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jun 2010, 9:52 am

LOL @ Wayne.

Oddly enough, i was reading through The Source thread on Amazon, and i came across this post from you "I don't think anyone would objectively rate any of Eminem's material (respectively) @ five mics." 4.5 stars ain't that far removed from 5 stars. I guess times have changed. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jun 2010, 10:31 am

T. Myers wrote:
LOL @ Wayne.

Oddly enough, i was reading through The Source thread on Amazon, and i came across this post from you "I don't think anyone would objectively rate any of Eminem's material (respectively) @ five mics." 4.5 stars ain't that far removed from 5 stars. I guess times have changed. LOL

Yes they have Terry, lol. Em is basically another one of those who, even though I like him on guest apperances, I never given his albums the proper time.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jun 2010, 3:41 pm

You should give him some time Wayne. SSLP throught Eminem Show are nothing but crack, and MMLP is easily 5 stars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jun 2010, 3:44 pm

I'm glad you've come around on your opinion of Em Wayne. I think the MMLP is a classic but like Terry said, 4.5 isn't far off. Have you spun the SSLP yet?
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jun 2010, 7:23 pm

5 stars. I don't think Eminem peaked as a rapper until TES, or maybe 8-Mile, but he made the mistake of handling the bulk of production on TES, and 8-Mile is a soundtrack, so the MMLP is the best album he's made, and in all likelihood the best he will make.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jun 2010, 10:41 pm

Esco wrote:
You should give him some time Wayne. SSLP throught Eminem Show are nothing but crack, and MMLP is easily 5 stars.

Oh yeah, I'm giving him the time now. After listening to MMLP, I really said to myself "man, did I shortchange that album when I first played it or what".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jun 2010, 10:43 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I'm glad you've come around on your opinion of Em Wayne. I think the MMLP is a classic but like Terry said, 4.5 isn't far off. Have you spun the SSLP yet?

I haven't purchased SSLP yet KJ. In addition to MMLP, Friday I bought Recovery, Relapse Refill, and The Eminem Show. My local Best Buy didn't have any copies of the SSLP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 4:25 pm

Wayne wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

I haven't purchased SSLP yet KJ. In addition to MMLP, Friday I bought Recovery, Relapse Refill, and The Eminem Show. My local Best Buy didn't have any copies of the SSLP.

I would order it from Amazon if you can't find it at Best Buy. FYE probably has it but their prices suck. I'm pretty sure it's cheap on Amazon though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 8:11 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Wayne wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

I would order it from Amazon if you can't find it at Best Buy. FYE probably has it but their prices suck. I'm pretty sure it's cheap on Amazon though.

FYE's prices has come down dramatically IMO.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 8:31 pm

"FYE's prices has come down dramatically IMO."

How is that an opinion? lol
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 8:35 pm

Everyone has different budgets, just like opinions I guess. If I made $800 a week the outrageous CD prices might not affect me much. If I made $2 a week which I do, then that could be a little set back. So $20 for the SSLP on my $2 a week budget is steep IMO

Blame it on the alcohol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 8:38 pm

Shaun wrote:
"FYE's prices has come down dramatically IMO."

How is that an opinion? lol

Lol.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 8:39 pm

Uh... that didn't have anything to do with my question. Either the prices have gone down, or they haven't...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 8:40 pm

Shaun wrote:
Uh... that didn't have anything to do with my question. Either the prices have gone down, or they haven't...

They have went down. Usually, just about every CD was either 17.99 and up. And don't get me started on the double albums.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 9:30 pm

Co-sign the double albums. I went to FYE to pick up Speakerboxxx/The Love Below when it came out and it was $30 - $40 I dont remember the exact price but it blew me away
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 9:31 pm

Indeed. You fools need to find some FYE's with all CDs $9.99
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 9:32 pm

Shaun wrote:

The FYE near me has those kinds of prices. And I cosign on that Outkast album.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 10:01 pm

Shaun wrote:

i wish i could, all the FYE's around me are like $15 and up
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 10:05 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Shaun wrote:

i wish i could, all the FYE's around me are like $15 and up

Boom, my FYE is $9.99, but unfortunately some lables won't let them sell their product that low so there are some things they don't carry.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 10:12 pm

smh @ Terry. "Label". You and N3R0 are 2 peas in a pod
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 10:13 pm

J. Linker of 0nSlaught3r wrote:
smh @ Terry. "Label". You and N3R0 are 2 peas in a pod

hahaha, that was obviously a typo on my part. N3R0 does it on purpose.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 2:24 am

Nobody chooses illiteracy.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 8:02 am

Kid Joe wrote:

You would think so, but N3R0 redefines all the rules
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jun 2010, 10:28 pm

Just got finished listening to The Eminem Show. Great album, sitting at about 4 or 4.5 stars. Songs like White America, Cleanin Out My Closet, Soldier, Without Me, Sing For The Moment, and Till I Collapse really grabbed me on this one.

Next up: Relapse Refill
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 8:24 am

Love "Till I Collapse". Probably my favorite track off the album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 10:42 am

T. Myers wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

You would think so, but N3R0 redefines all the rules

N3RO saw the "ill" part and thought he was chosing the cool, black literacy.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 1:44 pm

"Just got finished listening to The Eminem Show. Great album, sitting at about 4 or 4.5 stars. Songs like White America, Cleanin Out My Closet, Soldier, Without Me, Sing For The Moment, and Till I Collapse really grabbed me on this one."

Lol, it's funny because I strongly dislike all of those except Till I Colapse. I never thought to highly of TES
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 2:28 pm

Relapse was very good, just got finished listening to. On some different things obviously, but I liked it. I had to listen to "Underground" twice. 3.5 stars for this one, close to 4. I'm on the bonus disc Refill now, with Recovery next.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 2:45 pm

Relapse pissed me off. The production for the most part was straight but he couldn't get off that freakin accent and it ruined the album for me. Glad he's over that. There were some dope tracks though. "Beautiful" and "Underground" are 2 of my fav's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 2:47 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
Relapse pissed me off. The production for the most part was straight but he couldn't get off that freakin accent and it ruined the album for me. Glad he's over that.

Yeah, the production I had no problem with, but that accent did kind of get on my nerves for a bit. I just finished the Refill disc. Decent, with Forever being the highlight IMO. Now it's time for Recovery.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 2:53 pm

Damn, Em is killing it on Cold Wind Blows, over that tight Just Blaze track.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:00 pm

My favorite stretch on "Recovery" is definitely "Space Bound", "Cinderella Man", and "25 Ta Life".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:02 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
My favorite stretch on "Recovery" is definitely "Space Bound", "Cinderella Man", and "25 Ta Life".

As of this message, I'm on "On Fire". Really liking this joint. Talkin 2 Myself, I really felt that joint too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 4:11 pm

Just finished Recovery. I definitely like this one, and to quote Em, he IS back. 4.5 stars for this joint.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 11:25 pm

Wayne wrote:
Just finished Recovery. I definitely like this one, and to quote Em, he IS back. 4.5 stars for this joint.

See, Wayne isn't a hater. Good for Wayne.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Marshall Mathers LP   The Marshall Mathers LP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Marshall Mathers LP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: