Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shall We Kick It Old Skool?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

Shall We Kick It Old Skool? Empty
PostSubject: Shall We Kick It Old Skool?   Shall We Kick It Old Skool? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 2:08 am

Well Old Skool to me. Sorry its all 90's. Nothing for the 70's for the dinos. Made this mix a bit ago and unlike the other ones I've posted it music I'm sure everyone on here can enjoy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Peep it and lemme know what ya'll like.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Shall We Kick It Old Skool?   Shall We Kick It Old Skool? Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 6:20 pm

This is dope, Esco. A little longwinded, but you can't go wrong with classic joints. If I might recommend bringing in the next track after the 1st or 2nd bridge or hook. If you're going to mostly stick with the blending over the scratching/juggling/etc then it would keep the energy level at a high pace.

There's definitely potential here, though. Nice work, bro...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Shall We Kick It Old Skool?   Shall We Kick It Old Skool? Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 6:38 pm

"If I might recommend bringing in the next track after the 1st or 2nd bridge or hook. If you're going to mostly stick with the blending over the scratching/juggling/etc then it would keep the energy level at a high pace."

That's what I was thinking, too. This is dope, though.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Shall We Kick It Old Skool?   Shall We Kick It Old Skool? Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 1:13 am

Aang wrote:
This is dope, Esco. A little longwinded, but you can't go wrong with classic joints. If I might recommend bringing in the next track after the 1st or 2nd bridge or hook. If you're going to mostly stick with the blending over the scratching/juggling/etc then it would keep the energy level at a high pace.

There's definitely potential here, though. Nice work, bro...

Glad you liked it Norf & Shaun. The reason I don't have any scratches is that I don't have tables or CD players, I'm working on that though.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Shall We Kick It Old Skool?   Shall We Kick It Old Skool? Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 2:08 pm

Oh, and as for the "long winded" you're saying I need to kick in the 2nd song around the time the 1st songs 2nd Chorus begins to play? So, I'm just letting the songs play for too long?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Shall We Kick It Old Skool?   Shall We Kick It Old Skool? Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 2:32 pm

Indeed
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Shall We Kick It Old Skool?   Shall We Kick It Old Skool? Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 4:40 pm

Shut up Shaun. You don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Shall We Kick It Old Skool?   Shall We Kick It Old Skool? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 2:13 pm

Coming from the guy who can't read
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Shall We Kick It Old Skool?   Shall We Kick It Old Skool? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 2:21 pm

Who says I can't read
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Shall We Kick It Old Skool?   Shall We Kick It Old Skool? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 2:25 pm

You.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Shall We Kick It Old Skool?   Shall We Kick It Old Skool? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 2:28 pm

When
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Shall We Kick It Old Skool?   Shall We Kick It Old Skool? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 7:11 pm

Esco wrote:
Oh, and as for the "long winded" you're saying I need to kick in the 2nd song around the time the 1st songs 2nd Chorus begins to play? So, I'm just letting the songs play for too long?

Pretty much. You'll get a feel for it, but it's not an exact science. Some songs can go longer, some go shorter. But letting the whole track play will lose the average listener.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shall We Kick It Old Skool?   Shall We Kick It Old Skool? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 10:56 pm

I found quite the opposite to be true. I mean you don't let the song play out every time, but for the smash hits, everyone wants to hear those.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Shall We Kick It Old Skool?   Shall We Kick It Old Skool? Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 11:09 am

Right. That's what I mean when I say some songs can go longer than others. Even still, an overlap of, say, 5 straight smash hits will tear the roof off the mutha quicker than one will.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shall We Kick It Old Skool?   Shall We Kick It Old Skool? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shall We Kick It Old Skool?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Show Ya Skillz :: The Studio-
Jump to: