Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pete Rock vs. Premier

Go down 
+4
Norfeest
T. Myers
Half
E. Taylor
8 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Pete Rock vs. Premier Empty
PostSubject: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 12:08 pm

According to Hiphopdx.com, these 2 are doing an album together. This would rival "Detox" for most anticipated album in my opinion. Hopefully it really happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 12:15 pm

This would be an anticipated piece of work.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 12:19 pm

This would blow Detox out of the water. I have a feeling that neither album will come out though. However, if it did drop, it would show just how much Dr. Dre is overrated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 12:20 pm

halfsharkalligatorhalfman wrote:
This would blow Detox out of the water. I have a feeling that neither album will come out though. However, if it did drop, it would show just how much Dr. Dre is overrated.

Man, that Detox album always seems to be a hot topic of discussion ANYTIME it's mentioned. A Pete Rock/Premier would be nothing short of amazing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 12:23 pm

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 12:24 pm

Dre overrated? hahahahahahahahahahaha! I suppose The first two NWA albums don't exist in your fantasy world. How about No One Can Dot It Better? The Chronic? Doggystyle? Eazy-Duz-It? 2001? How anyone with those credentials can be considered overrated is beyond me. He's more than earned his place among the greats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 12:27 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Dre overrated? hahahahahahahahahahaha! I suppose The first two NWA albums don't exist in your fantasy world. How about No One Can Do It Better? The Chronic? Doggystyle? Eazy-Duz-It? 2001? How anyone with those credentials can be considered overrated is beyond me. He's more than earned his place among the greats.

I see your point here Terry. That's one HELL of a track record right there.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 12:32 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Dre overrated? hahahahahahahahahahaha! I suppose The first two NWA albums don't exist in your fantasy world. How about No One Can Dot It Better? The Chronic? Doggystyle? Eazy-Duz-It? 2001? How anyone with those credentials can be considered overrated is beyond me. He's more than earned his place among the greats.

Yes, Straigt Outta Compton, The Chronic, and Doggystyle have consistently great production. The other albums you listed have some great tracks sprinkled in between pretty average ones. And besides, my comment is referring to how Dre has declined over the years. He didn't do a whole lot of good things between 2000-2010 to warrant the ridiculous hype surrounding Detox. I hope he proves me wrong though, I'd love to hear a rebirth of sorts.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 12:36 pm

T. Myers wrote:

Yes, Straigt Outta Compton, The Chronic, and Doggystyle have consistently great production. The other albums you listed have some great tracks sprinkled in between pretty average ones. And besides, my comment is referring to how Dre has declined over the years. He didn't do a whole lot of good things between 2000-2010 to warrant the ridiculous hype surrounding Detox. I hope he proves me wrong though, I'd love to hear a rebirth of sorts.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 12:38 pm

Aang wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Agreed.

That argument has you operating under the assumption that Premier and Pete Rock have not fallen off, and i just don't agree with that at all.

Although, I think Pete Rock has fallen off the least.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 12:46 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Aang wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Agreed.

That argument has you operating under the assumption that Premier and Pete Rock have not fallen off, and i just don't agree with that at all.

Premier and Pete Rock have definitely declined in quality as well, but they still did a lot of work over the last ten years. Premier had some great albums with The Ownerz and for a more recent example, The Blaqprint. Pete had his Petestrumentals project, etc. My entire argument is pretty much just based off of the frustration due to Detox being pushed back year after year, while the hype continues to increase, and that the hype for this project will be nowhere near the hype for Detox, when it's probably more deserving.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 12:51 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Aang wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Agreed.

Premier and Pete Rock have definitely declined in quality as well, but they still did a lot of work over the last ten years. Premier had some great albums with The Ownerz and for a more recent example, The Blaqprint. Pete had his Petestrumentals project, etc. My entire argument is pretty much just based off of the frustration due to Detox being pushed back year after year, while the hype continues to increase, and that the hype for this project will be nowhere near the hype for Detox, when it's probably more deserving.

I would agree that Detox's hype will dwarf that of this release, but i'm not sure i'd say this is more deserving. All three producers have their merits, and both projects deserve to be anticipated
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 12:54 pm

T. Myers wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Aang wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Agreed.

I would agree that Detox's hype will dwarf that of this release, but i'm not sure i'd say this is more deserving. All three producers have their merits, and both projects deserve to be anticipated

Agreed.

Admittedly, I'm a Premier stan, so I'm more interested in this project. Also, I'm no Dre hater, he's in my Top 5 producers. I guess I just can't see Detox being a very good album. I don't think it will even match 2001. But like I said, I hope he proves me wrong.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 5:21 pm

i agree Pete Rock has declined the least out of the 3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 12:06 am

Yawn.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 11:51 am

Hey anybody heard that brand new Haystak joint?? that shit is just absolutely splendid man!!

what up Jeffrey?? I hope your EYES WIDE SHUT right about now with anticipation man!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 11:56 am

YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN. And actually, my yawn was because, if I'm not mistaken, this is Pete Rock RAPPING over Primo beats. What a waste.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 11:59 am

M1dw3st3rn Rap Pr0 wrote:
YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN. And actually, my yawn was because, if I'm not mistaken, this is Pete Rock RAPPING over Primo beats. What a waste.

WHOA!

I hope this is not true at all man!...it would totally change the entire dynamic if it is...but if I'm correct this is the two of them producing different tracks for different artists....they both get 6 tracks to let loose on...it's kinda of a "battle" between the two of them!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 12:03 pm

D.Powell wrote:

WHOA!

I hope this is not true at all man!...it would totally change the entire dynamic if it is...but if I'm correct this is the two of them producing different tracks for different artists....they both get 6 tracks to let loose on...it's kinda of a "battle" between the two of them!

Granted, this is just a twitter rumor, but it's from the same people who were tweeting about Pete being on Good Ass Job, so it might have some merit. If your idea was true, that would be dope. Like "Chairmen Of The Boards" (the long forgotten, never recorded Timbo/Dre collab album).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 1:12 pm

Speaking of "Chairmen of the Boards" w/ Dre and Timbo, I still would like to see that, but we gotta get Detox first, lol.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 7:58 pm

Aang wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Agreed.

Cosign. I thought that much was obvious, Terry. lol
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 10:03 pm

when this first came to light there was no mention of PR rapping over Primo beats, they said it would be a 12 track album each producing 6 songs with diff guests n each song
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 11:10 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
when this first came to light there was no mention of PR rapping over Primo beats, they said it would be a 12 track album each producing 6 songs with diff guests n each song

Was that in the interview, press release, where? I only read the official shit on hiphopsite, but like I said, I don't know for sure, I'm just reacting to what I heard. I was skeptical of Pete producing on Good Ass Job, too, but that shit came true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 1:53 am

Neither Premo nor Pete has fallen off. I thought the Blaq Poet album was excellent. Nobody in the history of the game has made MC's look better than they actually are more than Premo. He makes great tracks with average MC's and GOAT tracks with good/great MC's, and Pete is the same dope producer he's always been.

The thing is, that neither man works with the artist with whom they've made their best material with. For Premo, it was the late great Guru. For Pete, it was CL Smooth. Those two aren't the best MC's that they've worked with, but they were the perfect fit for Premo and Pete's beats respectively.

I'm definitely lookin forward to this album. I hope what N3RO said wasn't true about it being Pete rhyming over Premo beats, but even if it is it'd still be doper than anything by wack ass Haystak.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 2:30 am

Again, arbitrary Haystak shots. Keep this shit up, and everything I post will be shitting on the east coast, Nas, etc.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 12:52 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

Was that in the interview, press release, where? I only read the official shit on hiphopsite, but like I said, I don't know for sure, I'm just reacting to what I heard. I was skeptical of Pete producing on Good Ass Job, too, but that shit came true.

let me find it real quick
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock vs. Premier   Pete Rock vs. Premier Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 1:02 pm

i read it on dj premier's blog site
http://www.djpremierblog.com/2010/05/29/dj-premier-pete-rock-interview-in-tokyo/