Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another sports question

Go down 
+10
Funk Seoul Brother
~Miz~
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
gametheory91
T. Myers
ACRID"
Half
Esco
Shaun
E. Taylor
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Another sports question Empty
PostSubject: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 2:29 pm

If you root for a team outside of your area how did you end up cheering for them?

Baseball: Fav team-Atlanta Braves.

I live in Kentucky so it would make sense for me to like the Reds but it didn't work out that way. In 85 I was 9 years old and just getting into little league. I took interest in MLB. The first game I watched was the Braves vs. Orioles spring training game. I decided to root for the braves and the rest is history. My Idol was Dale Murphy, I saw Bob Horner's 4 HR game, sat thru 5 last place seasons and then saw 14 straight division championships. They have come back down to reality the past few seasons but if they add 1 good bat, they have a good chance this season.

Football: Fav team-Cincinnati Bengals.

I never got into football until 88 but when I did because of regional coverage, we got the Bengals every week. Boomer Esiason, James Brooks, and Ickey Woods were my favorites and got me started on the Bengals although it's been a tough 20+ years.

Basketball: Fav team-Boston Celtics

Everyone watched the big Celtic-Lakers games and everybody picked a side. I picked Bird, Parrish, Mchale, and DJ and have always loved the Celtics.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 2:34 pm

Seahawks- I played Gameday '99 a lot back in the day, and Ricky Watters was the ish. So they were my team.

Suns- Basically the same as football, played video games and used Phoenix. Plus, I was a big Marbury fan when I first started paying attention to basketball.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 2:43 pm

I've always been kind of a Seahawks fan too. If they're not playing the bengals of course.

And of course my #1 priority over everything else in sports is Kentucky basketball. I'm glad UK is hated again, it means they're relevant again.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 2:48 pm

I moved away from my home city.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 2:54 pm

Indiana Pacers - I moved from Indiana a few weeks after seeing my first and only NBA game, rooting for the Pacers.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:05 pm

LA/Oakland Raiders- Born into this..literally..my pops named me after Marcus Allen-been a fan since..

SD Padres- I actually grew up a Dodgers fan..but having lived in SD most my life I..yes..jumped ship-still as a youngin'......have the hometown connection somehow, you know...?

USC- Whole family's Trojan fans-raised around the Cardinal/Gold for who knows how long-and yeah I was there before the Carroll years..so suck it....Its unfortunate whats happened to the program as the result of a few accusations-but we'll be back-i promise

Lakers- I have baby pictures of me in the "#32" Lakers jersey..nuff said
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:07 pm

LOL @ a few accusations. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Carroll knew what he was doing by getting out of Dodge.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:13 pm

I'm from Georgia but in the NFL, I root for The Steelers because my dad used to play for them back in the 70s. I'm not bullshitting....I swear.

I don't have a favorite NBA team but I follow it throughout the season because I love basketball.

As for baseball, I'm a diehard Braves fan. There is no other baseball team as far as I'm concerned. Ever since I was little, I would go to my grandma's house and watch the Braves with her. Good memories....
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:17 pm

Stealers suck.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:21 pm

T. Myers wrote:
LOL @ a few accusations. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Carroll knew what he was doing by getting out of Dodge.

oh yeah for sure...nooooo denying that....

Last edited by ACRID" on Thu 01 Jul 2010, 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:22 pm

I worry sometimes that we have the same thing here at UK as USC did with Carroll. Calipari gets great players but he gets them at an alarming rate. If they get Quincy Miller in 2011 then they will have the top 3 players in the class. I'm sure other coaches are talking and the ncaa has to be keeping an eye on the recruiting being done. I hope everybody else is wrong and Cal is doing it the right way.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:26 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
I worry sometimes that we have the same thing here at UK as USC did with Carroll. Calipari gets great players but he gets them at an alarming rate. If they get Quincy Miller in 2011 then they will have the top 3 players in the class. I'm sure other coaches are talking and the ncaa has to be keeping an eye on the recruiting being done. I hope everybody else is wrong and Cal is doing it the right way.

you can only hope.....

Im still on the fence with Lane Kiffin...do I like him? Or just show respect to his title as the USC Head Coach...after that big debacle in Oakland, and the way he was ethered by Al Davis..i kinda cringe every time i see his face during interviews....
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:27 pm

I don't know how anyone could like him after he bailed on Tennessee for extra dough
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:28 pm

ACRID" wrote:
E. Taylor wrote:

you can only hope.....

Im still on the fence with Lane Kiffin...do I like him? Or just show respect to his title as the USC Head Coach...after that big debacle in Oakland, and the way he was ethered by Al Davis..i kinda cringe every time i see his face during interviews....

Lane Kiffin can be the figure head, but you also got Monte Kiffin in the deal too. Ask Eric Berry how important Monte Kiffin is.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:30 pm

Lane Kiffin is an idiot and i'm shocked that USC wanted him. His wife is smoking hot though.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:38 pm

Shaun wrote:
Stealers suck.

So does your spelling.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:40 pm

His spelling was fine
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:41 pm

Steelers*
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:42 pm

Squealers
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:43 pm

Atlanta Hawks- TBS used to own their television rights way back in the days, so I grew up watching Dominique Wilkins, Mookie Blaylock, Kevin Willis, Dikembe Mutombo, ect. I'm a real stan, no bandwagon here.

Atlanta Braves- Ditto. Shaking My Head TBS used to be the shit, now that station sucks. Chipper Jones, Andruw Jones, Mad Dog , Tom Glavine, John Smoltz, David Justice, Ryan Klesko, Javier Lopez, Mark Lemke, Fred "Crime Dog" McGriff, ect. I'm a real stan, no bandwagon here.

Atlanta Falcons- TBS only showed them once in a blue moon back than. I stuck onto them mainly because of Prime Time and Andre "Bad Moon" Rison (the greatest WR of all time, better than Jerry Rice). I'm a real stan, no bandwagon here.

Florida State Seminoles- Charlie Ward, Warrick Dunn, Peter Warrick. Those three are the reasons why I love the Noles so much. I'm a real stan, no bandwagon here.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:52 pm

gametheory91 wrote:
Steelers*

Yes, I know that is how the NFL team spells their name. I never said it wasn't. I said Shaun's spelling was fine. Why don't you ask him why he spells it incorrectly.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:53 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
Atlanta Falcons- TBS only showed them once in a blue moon back than. I stuck onto them mainly because of Prime Time and Andre "Bad Moon" Rison (the greatest WR of all time, better than Jerry Rice). I'm a real stan, no bandwagon here.

I would really like to hear the logic behind this.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:54 pm

smh you should know by now, fool.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:55 pm

Victor Shade wrote:

No, i want logic not some blind ignorant fanboyism. Please explain to us all why Rison is better than Rice.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:55 pm

T. Myers wrote:
gametheory91 wrote:
Steelers*

Yes, I know that is how the NFL team spells their name. I never said it wasn't. I said Shaun's spelling was fine. Why don't you ask him why he spells it incorrectly.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There goes Willie Parker!!!!

Yee!!!
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:57 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Victor Shade wrote:

No, i want logic not some blind ignorant fanboyism. Please explain to us all why Rison is better than Rice.

smh you don't get the joke. Fool.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
~Miz~
Jump!
Jump!

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:59 pm

geez no one roots for Miami teams?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 4:04 pm

If LeBron, D-Wade and Bosh are all on Miami next year, I'll root for them.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 4:05 pm

The Heat are my #2 basketball team... if that helps.

And, there was 25 million holds on that play, Tran.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 4:22 pm

C'mon Tran, you know you only liked the Falcons because they had MC Hammer on the sidelines, lol.

I agree with you on TBS. I used to love that channel. Now i only get to see the braves play when they're on Fox or Espn.
Back to top Go down
~Miz~
Jump!
Jump!

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 5:14 pm

1/2 shark...not sure that's happening but what if its just dwade and bosh would u settle for 2 outta 3?
and shaun....the heat bein #2 is a start!
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 5:30 pm

~Miz~ wrote:
1/2 shark...not sure that's happening but what if its just dwade and bosh would u settle for 2 outta 3?
and shaun....the heat bein #2 is a start!

It's a strong combo, I'll think about it.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 7:50 pm

Sacramento Kings - Became a fan after the fall of the dynasty in the late 90's/early 2000's. They played some of the most attractive roundball and have for the most part been managed well. As the years have gone by, I've grown to love them more (even if we've been going through a real rough patch for a few years). I have the distinction of being the only Kings fan in Orlando.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 8:14 pm

All my favorite teams are local. Wiz, Nats, Skins, Caps, United, etc...

There was a point where I liked the Orioles, but the Nats weren't here yet. I guess that they were local enough until we got our own team. I used to be a huge Jets fan because my dad used to be a fan, so that's who I grew up watching. That changed some time around the end of high school, though.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 9:38 pm

Caps suck
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 11:26 pm

Okay, I live about 30 miles east of Syracuse, NY. I don't like any NY sports teams (professional). I do like the Orange, though I'm a Michigan fan too. Just fell in love with their helmets).

NFL - Tennessee Titans - Back in 1991 (yes, I'm old), after whatever AFC East game ended, they showed some of the Steelers/ Oilers game that was still going. I watched, and for some strange reason loved the "luv ya blue" that the Oilers were wearing. Was the blue pants and white jerseys, since the game was in Pittsburgh. I also fell in love with the Run & Shoot offense that Houston ran. Seeing as I didn't really have a favorite team (and wasn't even 13 yet), I decided the Houston Oilers would be it. Been a fan ever since, even when they moved to Tennessee, changed the team name, got new jerseys, and even changed their style of football.

NHL - Detroit Red Wings - Around the same time (1991), my sister's friend who had moved to Michigan, and got married, came back to visit. Her husband was a huge Red Wings fan, and got me hooked too.

NBA - Was an Atlanta Hawks fan as a kid, due to Dominique Wilkins. Loved Mookie Blaylock too. Then as I went through high school, I realized that I think the NBA is boring and stopped watching. I still kind of pay attention to how the Hawks are doing, but I don't have any emotional investment in it.

MLB - I played a lot of 1B in Little League, and watched a San Francisco Giants vs. New York Mets game one afternoon on tv. Instantly became a Will Clark fan. I even went so far as to model my batting stance after him. So, I've been a Giants fan ever since, even though I don't sit and watch baseball very often.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 11:27 pm

~Miz~ wrote:
geez no one roots for Miami teams?

My brother, two uncles and a couple of my friends root for the Dolphins, if that helps.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 11:46 pm

"Tennessee Titans - Back in 1991 (yes, I'm old"
"NHL - Detroit Red Wings - Around the same time (1991)"

smh. You're that close to Buffalo, and you root for some doodooness. smh
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 12:16 am

all of my favorite teams are also local Pistons, Lions, Tigers, Red Wings

however, i do root for the Golden State Warriors cuz they always have a dope team, they're the funnest team to watch, and they easily have the most exciting games on a night by night basis (especially their home games, something ludicrous always happens); i literally watched probably 70+ of their games last season on League Pass

Last edited by Slang Editorial on Fri 02 Jul 2010, 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 12:18 am

So you like watching D-leaguers ay, Slang.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 12:21 am

other than the teams i mentioned i usually like non-Detroit teams based on their players, if i like their players i like the team but there are exceptions, theres some teams where idnever like them no matter who they had (Patriots, Red Sox, Twins, Bears (to some extent), Cavaliers, Jazz, Spurs, Heat (dont know why really))

and to Tran, yes I do, they can play and Nellie is a genius when it comes to finding these guys, the Warriors were riddled with injuries the last 2 years and are probably better than their record
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 8:32 am

Shaun wrote:
"Tennessee Titans - Back in 1991 (yes, I'm old"
"NHL - Detroit Red Wings - Around the same time (1991)"

smh. You're that close to Buffalo, and you root for some doodooness. smh

says the hater who thinks Wychek threw a forward pass. I can tell you with 100% certainty that from my seat in the nosebleed section it looked like a latteral, and for some odd reason the refs agreed.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 1:54 pm

No. They showed the replay 400 times, and he definitely threw it forward. It was some bootyness
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 1:58 pm

If the replay showed it was a forward pass, why wasn't the play overturned? Don't hate! Just don't hate! Besides, any team starting Rob Johnson in a playoff game deserves to lose. Kearse owned him all game.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 2:16 pm

Obvvvvvv. But, who, out of those two players, has a ring? Alright, then.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 2:25 pm

Shaun wrote:
Obvvvvvv. But, who, out of those two players, has a ring? Alright, then.

As a backup for a different team? That adds nothing to a comparison of the Bills or Titans.

And yes, I live close enough to Buffalo to know more than my fair share of Bills fans. Talk about loud and obnoxious...no thanks. I even watched, and got razzed for that bullshit...excuse me, "miraculous" comeback in '93. And I stuck with my team through it all. Back in the day, I couldn't stand the Bills. Now, I don't despise them as much...probably because they're insignificant.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 2:32 pm

Shaun wrote:
No. They showed the replay 400 times, and he definitely threw it forward. It was some bootyness

And Don Beebe definitely stepped out of bounds. Personally, I think it could have looked like a forward pass, but it seems to have traveled backwards. You can call it bootyness...I call it poetic justice.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 2:34 pm

I call it the refs being paid off, damnit.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 2:57 pm

Shaun wrote:
I call it the refs being paid off, damnit.

Agree to disagree then, good sir.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 3:01 pm

smh. You can't agree with FACTS!!!!! BABY BUBBA!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another sports question   Another sports question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another sports question
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next