Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Empty
PostSubject: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 11:55 am

Or, more specifically, what round do you think Lesnar is gonna knock Carwin the FUCK out in?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 11:56 am

First round, maybe within 30 seconds
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 11:59 am

halfsharkalligatorhalfman wrote:
First round, maybe within 30 seconds

Lesnar did an interview yesterday, and a reporter asked him what his training has consisted of, and he literally said "all of about 45 seconds". He then knocked over a poster of Carwin. Message sent loud and clear.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 1:57 pm

Lesnar is a bitch, but I don't see him losing to this foo
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 5:01 pm

This is his first fight that there is even a question. He won't manhandle Corwin the way he has everyone. Plus, his illness and conditioning is a wildcard.

Top athletes rarely stay on top after a break in training like Lesnar experienced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 7:30 pm

I co-sign Parker. I think Lesnar will win but it won't be easy. Carwin's got monster hands and this is Brock's first fight in over a year. A Carwin upset isn't out of the question IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 1:08 am

Kid Joe wrote:
This is his first fight that there is even a question. He won't manhandle Corwin the way he has everyone. Plus, his illness and conditioning is a wildcard.

Top athletes rarely stay on top after a break in training like Lesnar experienced.

I would agree with that statement, but IMO, Lesnar has been training his whole life for the UFC. He's a monster, plain and simple, and his passion and detirimination is unmatched is 90% of all sports, let alone the UFC. Ring rust is real, and I don't think it will be an easy 45 seconds, but that's all Brock needs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 1:21 am

You can't underestimate Shane Carwin though. This is the same dude that completely DESTROYED Frank Mir, who owns a victory over Brock Lesnar. Dude's got massive hands and great knockout power and doesn't have a glass jaw at all.

If Brock doesn't display any ring rust, then he should win because he's a better all around athlete and can keep him on the mat. But Carwin can win if he can push this fight into the later rounds.

I'll go with Lesnar to win in Round 3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 1:27 am

Frank Mir beat Brock Lesnar in his first fucking fight. Brock DESTROYED him in the re-match, much in the same way Carwin detroyed Mir. Carwin has beat Gonzaga and Mir, and bunch of nobodies. He's beaten every opponent in the first round, sure, but "pushing it to the later rounds" definitely doesn't seem to favor a guy that's been around 5 years on only fought 12 times (and, again, mostly against nobodies, which is FINE except all the hype that seems to be surrounding him). Carwin has potential, and I think he's been really respectful and honest about Brock's abilities in interviews (very respectable, considering Brock's brash cockiness) and I like the guy as a fighter. But he simply won't be able to beat Brock in ANY round.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 1:28 am

Oh, and Brock cut the time that it took Carwin to KO Mir in half.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 1:40 am

I get what you're saying, but ring rust is also a factor. Every fighter whom I've ever seen that hasn't fought in over a year has come back with some ring rust.

You say that Carwin's fought nobodies. But other than Mir and a past-his-prime Randy Couture, who has Lesnar fought? Nobody. Carwin will easily be his toughest test.

And it took Lesnar two rounds to beat Mir, it took Carwin only one.

I'm picking Lesnar to win because of his superior athleticism and wrestling ability, but Carwin is more than capable of winning if he can either stretch this fight, or land a big KO bomb.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 10:49 am

You can't compare Lesnar's record to Carwin's. I'll go so far as to say that I expect Carwin to win this fight. He's the first fighter Lesnar's fought that is comparable, physically.12 knockouts in the first round? You can't dismiss that.
Back to top Go down
hipp0319
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
hipp0319

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 11:04 pm

the first 2 fights so far were very entertaining!!
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 11:58 pm

Leber's gotten nasty. Vs Silvia will be dope, punchfest.

I'm calling SC knocks out BL
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 12:14 am

Round 1, Lesnar looks like one of his own victims.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 12:16 am

I wish I could watch this. Keep giving updates please.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 12:18 am

Respect. Gangster finish.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 12:19 am

Brock pulled out a million dollar dream quick in the second.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 12:20 am

Kid Joe wrote:
Brock pulled out a million dollar dream quick in the second.

He put him in a sleeper hold?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 12:24 am

Oh, you mean he beat his ass. Yeah, so...Lesnar won, early in the 2nd. Not much trouble, regardless of how bad the first round went. Lots of complaints tomorrow, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 12:27 am

No, he didn't beat his ass. Got his ass beat and pulled out a submission. Didn't beat his ass, but he won. This is real fighting, dildo, not WWE.

Last edited by Kid Joe on Sun 04 Jul 2010, 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 12:29 am

You're just sad cuz I was right...you're a sore loser, Park. You don't just "pull out" a submission, that's WWE-style shit. He was the better man, go cry somewhere else "dildo".
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 12:33 am

You clearly know nothing about MMA. And, I'm not sore about it at all. It was an excellent finish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 12:39 am

How do I clearly know nothing about MMA? You sound like a skeptic here, saying that basically any one person can beat any other person at any time, like it's all fucking luck or something. I bet you think Fedor is some great fighter, too, just like all the other mainstream fairweather fans.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 12:44 am

A submission can definitely come at any time. It's a constant chess game. More so, a victory in no way is definitive of the fights tone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 12:48 am

A submission can't come at any time against a prepared fighter that's "dominating" his opponent, regardless if it's the start of a round or not. Had Brock truly been as worn down as you said, he wouldn't have been in a position to take a fighter like Carwin to the ground and get him to tap. I'm not disputing the "chess game", but just like in chess, you don't get checkmate with only your king on the board.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 1:09 am

See the fight, conflict addict?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 1:12 am

You started this by calling me a dildo. I'm just in this for stimulating conversation with some one who disagrees with me, and no, I didn't see the fight. But my point is still valid, since you obviously opted not to dispute it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 1:44 am

Damn, I thought Carwin had him in the 1st. He punched himself out and then got caught in the chokehold. He let up a little bit on him at the end of the 1st though, he should have stayed on him. Great fight though, and great card overall. That Leben fight against the Japanese dude was one of the best fights ever.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 1:47 am

Well, jerkoff, you telling me what I 'meant' was the og transgression.

Lesnar got his ass whooped and pulled out a submission. Fact. It's not a bad beat, by any means. It's MMA, all day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 1:52 am

Kid Joe wrote:
Well, jerkoff, you telling me what I 'meant' was the og transgression.

Lesnar got his ass whooped and pulled out a submission. Fact. It's not a bad beat, by any means. It's MMA, all day.

LOL, I'm assuming that was directed at N3RO.

I agree with that man, a submission can happen at any time. While there's no such thing as a good loss, I wouldn't classify that as a bad beat because Carwin truly gave it all he had. Lesnar just weathered the storm in the first round and pulled out the tapout victory in the 2nd.

I don't know if you watched the prelim fights, but a prime example of that would be when that dude with the pink hair (Seth was his first name) got tapped out after seemingly dominating the majority of the fight. That dude who was submitted owns a victory over Kimbo Slice.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 4:41 am

"That Leben fight against the Japanese dude was one of the best fights ever. "

I agree. My friend actually bought the PPV for this ish. That was the best fight to me, too. I had Jackie Chan winning that one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 11:59 am

Shaun wrote:

I agree. My friend actually bought the PPV for this ish. That was the best fight to me, too. I had Jackie Chan winning that one.

Yeah, I wasn't sure who was gonna win because I had never seen that guy fight other than clips. I know Leben's a beast though and that submission was dope as fuck. Great card from top to bottom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 10:45 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Yeah, I wasn't sure who was gonna win because I had never seen that guy fight other than clips. I know Leben's a beast though and that submission was dope as fuck. Great card from top to bottom.

You don't even acknowledge the racism.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 12:34 am

M1dw3st3rn Rap Pr0 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Who the fuck is being racist??? I didn't call dude any racial slurs. He's an awesome fighter and I have respect for him.

You on the other hand I have little to no respect for because you constantly dickride everything I say. Go fuck yourself.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 1:17 am

He meant my racism. I called that Jackie dude Jackie Chan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 10:45 am

KJ Styles wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Who the fuck is being racist??? I didn't call dude any racial slurs. He's an awesome fighter and I have respect for him.

You on the other hand I have little to no respect for because you constantly dickride everything I say. Go fuck yourself.

Wow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 12:52 pm

LOL Jeff, you posted that under me so you made it seem like it was directed towards me.

As for Shaun's Jackie Chan comment, hell if I were Asian I'd consider that a compliment. Jackie Chan is awesome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 1:04 pm

I did quote you, too, so my bad. I did think it was obvious since nothing you said was remotely racist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 1:13 pm

I did quote you, too, so my bad. I did think it was obvious since nothing you said was remotely racist.

Ok, my bad.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 4:47 pm

117 - who ya got? I'm goin with Silva....lol

Apparently Dana White is threating to cut Silva if he doesn't perform at the best of his ability. Sounds like bullshit. Power must be getting to this man's head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 4:49 pm

LOL Silva's gonna smash Sonnen. But I agree with you on that Dana White is full of shit. That said, with all the shit that Chael Sonnen's been talking, Anderson Silva's definitely not gonna take it easy on him.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 4:58 pm

It's not bullshit. The man's got a business to run, and Silva's behavior was unsportsmanlike and all around out of line. The fans don't want to see that shit, and that's White's top priority.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 5:02 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
It's not bullshit. The man's got a business to run, and Silva's behavior was unsportsmanlike and all around out of line. The fans don't want to see that shit, and that's White's top priority.

I really don't think he'll take out Silva though, dude is too good right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 5:20 pm

Kid Joe wrote:

I don't disagree with that, but he ain't gonna cut Silva. He's kept lesser talented fighters under contract that have done worse.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 5:22 pm

It certainly seems it would be poor business sense.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 5:24 pm

The simple fact that he said it means that he would do it. The dudes not playing games. When you're in that position, you don't run your mouth unless you plan to show & prove.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 5:28 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
It certainly seems it would be poor business sense.

Well Silva draws money, probably more than anybody other than Brock Lesnar right now so I think Dana White would think twice about throwing a huge drawing card out the window. I think he'd fine and/or suspend him first, which is probably what he should have done after his last fight.

But again, I don't see him pullin that shit tommorrow night, because if he gives Sonnen an inch he's gonna take a mile.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 5:29 pm

I agree with both sides. What Silva has done in his last fights is unnacceptable. White has shown he won't tolerate nonsense and if Silva pulls this in one more fight he will lose all the drawing power he had so his value will be that of any other fighter in the company.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 5:30 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
The simple fact that he said it means that he would do it. The dudes not playing games. When you're in that position, you don't run your mouth unless you plan to show & prove.

Just like when he said he'd never bring back Tito Ortiz to the UFC and he did. Dana White has lied before, so who's to say he wouldn't do it again?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?   Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lesnar/Carwin-Who Ya Got?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next