Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career? Empty
PostSubject: Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career?   Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 2:54 pm

What's up with this guy. He was trying to give J. Dilla credit by listing him as exec prod on his album. WTF? Charles figured that if he did that, then some of the album proceeds would go to Dilla's Mom and children. Next came the legal backlash, and he was told to back off by family and lawyers. They respect what he is trying to do, but it would just be a legal mess. Why would you put Dilla as exec prod when the album was just inspired by Dilla? That would be a dumb move, and Charles should know certain legalities would be involved.

Not only that, but Charles is releasing his album debut for free next week online. Also, he is stating that Interscope is respecting his wish to do so. I highly doubt that because if a major label had so much invested in him, why let him release the joint for free? This cat's career was over before it started.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career?   Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 3:35 pm

Dude, are you serious? One he's trying to help a dude out that was taken before his time, and two, he's releasing free music, and you're giving him shit? The fuck is wrong with you?
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career?   Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 4:23 pm

"The fuck is wrong with you?"

Aw screw you Steve!! I was talking about the legalities of it. Go to xxlmag.com for more info. I'm not even going to respond to your comment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career?   Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 4:30 pm

I hate Charles Hamilton and maybe he was riding coat-tails a lil bit but I think his heart was in the right place.
Back to top Go down
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.

PostSubject: Re: Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career?   Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 5:11 pm

I agree with Steve and N3RO. Dude means well.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career?   Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 5:16 pm

"I hate Charles Hamilton and maybe he was riding coat-tails a lil bit but I think his heart was in the right place."

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing as well. He might have meant well, but I was thinking he would disguise that by trying to gain notoriety off of the name. Also, thanks for posting a better response than Steve man. Apparently, he has a problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career?   Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 5:50 pm

Steve was just in a bad mood earlier...the torture thread and all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career?   Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 7:47 pm

I don't know about the legalities though... fucking Eazy E and all these other dead motherfuckers exec produced shit after death. I don't think it's all that complicated personally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career?   Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 8:43 pm

Zuri The Ghost A.B.N. wrote:
I agree with Steve and N3RO. Dude means well.

Co-Sign. I'm not a fan of his but I respect this gesture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career?   Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career? Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 10:58 am

J. Harris wrote:
What's up with this guy. He was trying to give J. Dilla credit by listing him as exec prod on his album. WTF? Charles figured that if he did that, then some of the album proceeds would go to Dilla's Mom and children. Next came the legal backlash, and he was told to back off by family and lawyers. They respect what he is trying to do, but it would just be a legal mess. Why would you put Dilla as exec prod when the album was just inspired by Dilla? That would be a dumb move, and Charles should know certain legalities would be involved.

Not only that, but Charles is releasing his album debut for free next week online. Also, he is stating that Interscope is respecting his wish to do so. I highly doubt that because if a major label had so much invested in him, why let him release the joint for free? This cat's career was over before it started.

It sounds like he meant well, but it backfired. I guess next time, he'd put something in the liner notes indicating the album was inspired by whatever artist he chooses to pay tribute to instead of what he just did. I guess being in the music industry you have to take a couple of law classes these days to prevent from being sued.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career?   Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career? Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 2:26 am

Chuck E Cheese is tryna pull another gimmick just like he tried to battle Rhymefest (wheres his album?). He failed. Dilla's family don't need his charity. Its not like he'll actually sell records.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career?   Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career? Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 9:56 am

"Chuck E Cheese is tryna pull another gimmick just like he tried to battle Rhymefest (wheres his album?). He failed. Dilla's family don't need his charity. Its not like he'll actually sell records."

Right. But, cats like Steve want to get mad and try to defend that. It wasn't a gesture. He tried to mask it as that but failed. Why would Interscope try to invest in somebody like this cat?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career?   Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 6:42 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Chuck E Cheese is tryna pull another gimmick just like he tried to battle Rhymefest (wheres his album?). He failed. Dilla's family don't need his charity. Its not like he'll actually sell records.

lmao... Spot on, Trotter.

Charles Hamilton will probably move 12 units when he drops. He's not helping Dilla...he's helping himself.

And, in regards to the thread title, I'd use the term "career" very loosely...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career?   Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charles Hamilton Ruining His Career?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: