Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DJ Drama & Dead Prez

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

DJ Drama & Dead Prez Empty
PostSubject: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 11:19 pm

Any of you heard this joint yet?

DJ Drama & Dead Prez Cover
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 11:21 pm

No.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 11:22 pm

M1dw3st3rn Rap Pr0 wrote:
No.

I'm bumping this joint now. Sounds good so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 11:28 pm

Wayne wrote:
No.

Really? Have they made outlandish comparisons about their struggles to those of their forefathers? Have they slaughtered innocent white people for no reason other than to be "down for the cause" even though their fanbase is 99% white? Or have they relegated themselves to making semi-conscious bullshit to help their careers? Regardless, none of those things remotely interests me. I'll spin some Immortal Technique or Public Enemy instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 11:31 pm

Wayne wrote:
No.

Really? Have they made outlandish comparisons about their struggles to those of their forefathers? Have they slaughtered innocent white people for no reason other than to be "down for the cause" even though their fanbase is 99% white? Or have they relegated themselves to making semi-conscious bullshit to help their careers? Regardless, none of those things remotely interests me. I'll spin some Immortal Technique or Public Enemy instead.

Haven't noticed any of that MRP, lol. Which PE joint are you going to spin?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 11:33 pm

I'm not actually going to listen to some Public Enemy right now, I was just saying, I hate Dead Prez, and if I want some political music, I'll peep some Chuck D.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 11:34 pm

I'm not actually going to listen to some Public Enemy right now, I was just saying, I hate Dead Prez, and if I want some political music, I'll peep some Chuck D.

Ok. I didn't know you weren't a DP fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 3:23 am

n3ro is a bitter turtle... dp rule...
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 11:16 am

Nero is going against half of his posts by dismissing it without listening to it. Tsk tsk...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 11:43 am

Aang wrote:
Nero is going against half of his posts by dismissing it without listening to it. Tsk tsk...

Ok, fair enough, but I've at least heard enough Dead Prez to know that I don't like what they have to offer. Really, I only responded to this thread because no one had yet and I was trying to drum up some interest. Same with the D-Block thread, as it was only a KJ/Wayne love-fest until I posted.
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 7:59 pm

Anybody has a link for this album? I will mos def check it out, although I do not like mix tapes, I got mad love for Dead Prez..

Peace
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 8:00 pm

Ditto. Linkage would be appreciated. No homo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 8:35 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 10:11 am

I'm interested but is it all origianl songs are they rapping over recycled beats?

Oh and...

dead prez>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>Coo Cal, Haystak, Alex King, Sandman, etc etc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 11:37 am

KRob86 wrote:
I'm interested but is it all origianl songs are they rapping over recycled beats?

Oh and...

It's like half and half, a few original songs and them rapping over other beats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 12:06 pm

KRob86 wrote:

Oh and...

Do I take unnecessary shots at you and your taste? Again, I hate to point this out, but I am one of the very few posters that doesn't mock your hard on for Willie D on a daily basis. You all call me a conflict addict, but whenever I state my opinion and it doesn't line up with your views, you instantly go to naming some rappers I like and have mentioned a few times and swear you've seen me say they're my top 5. ALSO, KEVIN, you like haystak, and said he has at least one classic, so I don't know what you're going on about.
Back to top Go down
booerns
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
booerns

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 12:27 pm

co-sign. Dead Prez doesn't make sense to me. They are anti-white and viscous about it on their shit, and their only fans are white. It completely discredits them cause they are all talk. They aren't political or anything, they are just racists whose only fans are the people they hate on. Fuck dead prez.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 12:31 pm

booerns wrote:

co-sign. Dead Prez doesn't make sense to me. They are anti-white and viscous about it on their shit, and their only fans are white. It completely discredits them cause they are all talk. They aren't political or anything, they are just racists whose only fans are the people they hate on. Fuck dead prez.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 12:40 pm

LMAO.....you're both wrong. Read up on them after you get that foot out of your mouth and out of your line of vision.

Typical white response, though...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 12:47 pm

booerns wrote:

Thier only fans are not white but you whiteboys that don't like them tell yourself that to kind of downplay their message. I know plenty of brothers that dig their music and buy their shit on the reg. I hope you are not only going by what you see at shows right? Because that goes for every rapper in hip hop period most will be white.

Also they are involved in many grassroot movements and causes they put their action where their mouths are at. I know its bothers some whites deep down inside that someone other than your history of people can be as violent and not give a fuck about your feelings as your fore fathers were toward us. dead prez was never meant for your ears and I am 100% sure you were not their target audience so don't listen to them. Its really that simple.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 12:48 pm

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 12:52 pm

Typical black responses...
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 1:09 pm

Not typical at all. I've seen them do outreach and community work with my own eyes. I've heard Let's Get Free with my own ears and know that 85% of it isn't racial at all...
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 1:10 pm

Is this DJ Drama from the Fantasy Factory? AWESOME! (In sarcastic Bill Burr voice)
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 1:19 pm

I'm down with Dead Prez for the most part (i know, you guys must be so relieved,lol).

Honestly, though, they go beyond simple history lessons when they get racial. Today's situation has nothing to do with race. Black, Hispanic, Asian, white people are all being trampled. That's the shit I like most from them, the political angle. That 'get whitey' shit is senseless and counterproductive. And it only serves to further propagate alienation and inhibit unity where its most needed - cross culturally.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 1:23 pm

They address who they percieve to be oppressors. Who's to say what color their oppressors are or should be? You? Booerns? Jeff?

As far as being relieved, don't give yourself so much credit or presence...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 1:29 pm

KRob86 wrote:
booerns wrote:

Thier only fans are not white but you whiteboys that don't like them tell yourself that to kind of downplay their message. I know plenty of brothers that dig their music and buy their shit on the reg. I hope you are not only going by what you see at shows right? Because that goes for every rapper in hip hop period most will be white.

Also they are involved in many grassroot movements and causes they put their action where their mouths are at. I know its bothers some whites deep down inside that someone other than your history of people can be as violent and not give a fuck about your feelings as your fore fathers were toward us. dead prez was never meant for your ears and I am 100% sure you were not their target audience so don't listen to them. Its really that simple.

No one in my family tree has ever owned anybody, ever. In fact, the farthest back I can go back into my family history is a fellow who was an indentured servant and allegedly was part of the Bacon Rebellion. What bothers me is the hypocrisy at play. My cousin went to one of their shows (I've told this story a million times) and was publically emberassed by Stic.man. Why? Because he was a fan. And dude isn't even fucking white (he's native american, and the other side of his family is mostly mulatto). I will agree, not all of their music is about race, but if a WHITE dude was making music about hate crimes being bullshit, reperations being ridiculous, affirmative action being counter-productive, etc, then had a song about randomly beating and killing a black student in college "for the cause" would we really be having this conversation? No. I can tolerate Ice Cube's racist rants for the most part, random degarding of white women and white people in general, but the unnecessary killing of a person that closely resembles me for no reason (other than racial motivation) is fucking ridiculous. To say their music wasn't meant for my ears is to say that I can't listen to black music in general because I "don't get it", and if that's really how you feel, then I won't continue having this conversation with you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 1:43 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Is this DJ Drama from the Fantasy Factory? AWESOME! (In sarcastic Bill Burr voice)

Bill Burr is fucking awesome... saw him live... nice guy too...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 1:45 pm

Aang wrote:
LMAO.....you're both wrong. Read up on them after you get that foot out of your mouth and out of your line of vision.

So basically it's okay to make racist music if you're not a racist? It's cool that they do community outreach stuff but if the message out there is still one of ignorance it doesn't make it okay.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 1:59 pm

Aang wrote:
They address who they percieve to be oppressors. Who's to say what color their oppressors are or should be? You? Booerns? Jeff?

As far as being relieved, don't give yourself so much credit or presence...

You couldn't tell that was a joke? Not sure why you're being such a prick right now...

Of course the oppressors are white. That is not what separates them from the oppressed. We are engaged in a class war, not a race war. We only make things more hopeless by dividing voluntarily.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 2:14 pm

I think it's pretty obvious that I couldn't tell. If that makes me a prick, so be it...

I'm aware of class war. So are DP. It's in their rhymes. My point is they ride against all oppression. The focus isn't placed squarely on race as some might suggest. Anyone thinking it is isn't listening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 2:15 pm

It's easier for me to spot a crackaaa than it is for me to spot a richer... so when the revolution comes you better dress like a bum or boom shakalaka boom shakalaka boom... cause that is the sound of my 12 gauge sawed off shottie...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 3:08 pm

Aang wrote:

So basically it's okay to make racist music if you're not a racist? It's cool that they do community outreach stuff but if the message out there is still one of ignorance it doesn't make it okay.

You a pretty smart dude at times so I know you already know about the hate that hate created theory, correct?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 4:57 pm

LOL...Jeffy wants to throw the baby out with the bath water...
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 6:01 pm

As far as the hate that hate created, its not a closed cycle, its a continuation. DP continues passing hatred on, especially in the leadership position.

It's funny how only a select few groups receive a pass when it comes to expressing racially motivated hatred. As if history excuses poisoning the present. As I said, its completely counterproductive. And, Norf, it is present in their lyrics. I've already acknowledged that its not their primary focus. Appropriately, its the type of content that tends to stand out.

Be objective for a moment and replace American Blacks and whites with any other two groups in this equation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 11:57 pm

I co-sign Kid Joe. You're completely missing the point IMO or merely refusing to address what I'm saying. I'm not "throwing the baby out with the bathwater". And AGAIN, I ask you, if a white mc who made predominantly valid points made ONE song about killing a random black person "for the cause" would you be so easy to forgive? Granted, there are 100 other mc's that make similar statements time and again I percieve as ignorant but I continue to listen to them, because simply, they weren't as repulsive as some of the shit DP has said. And, again, to expand on Parker's words (if I may) there is only ONE way to close the cycle that is "the hate that hate created". You know what it is? Genocide. Is that cool with ANYBODY? You know what made MLK so inspirational IMO? He fought hate with love, violence with non-violence, and HE MADE A DIFFERENCE. Continuing a cycle of ignorance accomplishes NOTHING.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 10:08 am

I understand completely about flipping the perspective with it being a white rapper talking boldly about killing a black person. But once again you fail to truly get it and you never will. Because honestly it is not for you to understand and I wish you guys would stop trying to relate with our issues all the time.

There is no history of all out black violence against white people. There is no history of complete mass homicide of whites from black people. Black people did not kidnap a whole fucking race of white people for centuries and make them slaves and breeders. So if a white person talks about killing a black person due to racial reasons that is flat out ignorance because its coming from a true pure hateful place. When a black man or person of color speaks on this its coming from historical friction that can be touched and smelled easily. So basically shut the fuck up.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 10:12 am

Way to go N3R0. You think I couldn't have dropped that analogy? I didn't, because I knew it would instantly end the discussion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 10:35 am

KRob86 wrote:
I understand completely about flipping the perspective with it being a white rapper talking boldly about killing a black person. But once again you fail to truly get it and you never will. Because honestly it is not for you to understand and I wish you guys would stop trying to relate with our issues all the time.

There is no history of all out black violence against white people. There is no history of complete mass homicide of whites from black people. Black people did not kidnap a whole fucking race of white people for centuries and make them slaves and breeders. So if a white person talks about killing a black person due to racial reasons that is flat out ignorance because its coming from a true pure hateful place. When a black man or person of color speaks on this its coming from historical friction that can be touched and smelled easily. So basically shut the fuck up.

You obviously don't know world history very well. Do you know why there is tension in the middle east between Iraq and Iran? Are you aware of the genocide there? Sadaam Hussein was killing white people (Iranians, the first aryans, look it up) because they looked different. Sure, you could nitpick and say they're not "black", but if that's the case, then why do people consider Jesus black? Also, black people sold their own people into slavery, but if you want to just act like white people swept into a country without allowance, then go right ahead. We've done some shitty things, and I'm not denying that, but this is flat out ridiculous. Either you're for progression or you're not, and you've clearly sided with Dead Prez on "status quo". Music should be for EVERYBODY to understand on some level, and, simply put, I'm not down with hate. End of story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 12:50 pm

LOL...did you really just use the "your own people sold you" card?...lol. What a fucking joke you are. And did you really just compare some white Iranians struggle to the struggle of the African?...LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 1:12 pm

KRob86 wrote:
LOL...did you really just use the "your own people sold you" card?...lol. What a fucking joke you are. And did you really just compare some white Iranians struggle to the struggle of the African?...LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You obviously know so little about history. You're comparing a century of horrific civil rights abuse to centuries of wars and genocides that have plagued a region. I'm not taking anything away from the african american struggle, but I'm saying, in historical context you want to act like the african american has the longest list of civil rights abuses commited against them. You refuse to look outside of your own little box, and that's fine man. I wasn't playing a card, I was saying, you're placing blame against an entire section of people who happen to have the some color skin. Guess what? When the irish came to america they were enslaved too. It's called indentured servitude, and it didn't last nearly as long as slavery, but again, you weren't the only ones being persecuted. Because of the Bacon Rebellion, rich white people saw poor blacks and whites coming together to revolut against the rich. So you know what they did? They made slavery a color thing to preoccupy the poor to fight amongst each other instead of attacking the real enemy. A bullshit tactic you still buy into today. How does it feel to get played?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 3:15 pm

What you are rattling about is on such a small scale of who really gives a fuck. Its not my job to try to relate or feel like the Irish, Jews, or Indians. I can only speak on the history of my people and what I have learned over time.

Also the bacon rebellion on the grand scale of things have nothing to do with why they made slavery a color thing. Slavery really did not become a color thing until it was really only one race and continent being raped. I know some form of slavery has existed since humans developed some form of social system so stop throwing small stones into a big ass ocean. I also know most slavery was some form of indentured servitude and was not truly as ugly as what it would later become. Truth is blacks were not targeted for slavery until a ban on Indian slavery was passed by the British/English empire and one of the versions of the bible was used to justify enslaving Africans. They assumed a passage from it condemed the African and that we were cursed by God. That is when the color or genetics come into play. Learn about it.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 3:41 pm

"Truth is blacks were not targeted for slavery until a ban on Indian slavery was passed by the British/English empire and one of the versions of the bible was used to justify enslaving Africans. They assumed a passage from it condemed the African and that we were cursed by God. That is when the color or genetics come into play. Learn about it."

Indeed. Except, there were black slaves during the time of Native slaves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 12:16 am

KRob86 wrote:
What you are rattling about is on such a small scale of who really gives a fuck. Its not my job to try to relate or feel like the Irish, Jews, or Indians. I can only speak on the history of my people and what I have learned over time.

Also the bacon rebellion on the grand scale of things have nothing to do with why they made slavery a color thing. Slavery really did not become a color thing until it was really only one race and continent being raped. I know some form of slavery has existed since humans developed some form of social system so stop throwing small stones into a big ass ocean. I also know most slavery was some form of indentured servitude and was not truly as ugly as what it would later become. Truth is blacks were not targeted for slavery until a ban on Indian slavery was passed by the British/English empire and one of the versions of the bible was used to justify enslaving Africans. They assumed a passage from it condemed the African and that we were cursed by God. That is when the color or genetics come into play. Learn about it.

I'm not throwing small stones into a big ass ocean. You just agreed that slavery has existed with different races, etc, since before it was problem in america. Again, I will acknowledge that obviously the conditions african americans lived in were worse than the indentured servants, but nonetheless the bacon rebellion had a HUGE impact on racial relations in the US. The passage of the bible was just used as an excuse, again, by elitists (you know, the ones that were rich enough to own slaves). This really has nothing to do with my point, which is simply that there's no justification for killing a poor white kid in a song because of his race. Period. It's a bad precedent, and on a platinum selling album, is really the wrong message to send, if you disagree...I don't think a white person is gonna change your mind, so fuck it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DJ Drama & Dead Prez   DJ Drama & Dead Prez Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DJ Drama & Dead Prez
Page 1 of 1