Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style

Go down 
+2
T. Myers
Laced With Slang
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Empty
PostSubject: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 10:58 am

Anyone that remembers the old forum i said i was gonna make this topic. If you dont remember its gonna work like this:

64 albums get in, 16 from each region (East, West, Midwest, and South). Everyday there will be different matchups to vote on

Keep in mind when you vote ONLY BASE YOUR VOTES ON HOW WELL THE ALBUM IS PRODUCED: the beats, cohesiveness, originality, etc.

Here are the brackets:
(DONT VOTE IN THIS THREAD THERE WILL BE TOPICS DAILY FOR VOTING), if you want print this bracket out or fill it out on your comp to see if you guess how its gonna play out...

East

(1) Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) - Wu-Tang Clan
vs.
(16) Funcrusher Plus - Company Flow

(8] Sun Rises in the East - Jeru the Damaja
vs.
(9) Criminal Minded - Boogie Down Productions

(5) Low End Theory - A Tribe Called Quest
vs.
(12) The Infamous - Mobb Deep

(4) Only Built For Cuban Linx - Raekwon
vs.
(13) Raising Hell - Run DMC

(6) Mecca and the Soul Brother - Pete Rock & CL Smooth
vs.
(11) Enta Da Stage - Black Moon

(3) It Takes a Nation of Millions... - Public Enemy
vs.
(14) The Blueprint - Jay-Z

(7) Mama Said Knock You Out - LL Cool J
vs.
(10) 3 Feet High and Rising - De La Soul

(2) Illmatic - Nas
vs.
(15) Livin Proof - Group Home

Midwest

(1) E1999 Eternal - Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
vs.
(16) Anghellic - Tech N9ne

(8] Shadows on the Sun - Brother Ali
vs.
(9) Headz or Tailz - Do or Die

(5) Donuts - J Dilla
vs.
(12) Resurrection - Common

(4) Fantastic Vol. 2 - Slum Village
vs.
(13) Worst Fears Confirmed - Vakill

(6) Be - Common
vs.
(11) FBI - Dayton Family

(3) College Dropout - Kanye West
vs.
(14) The Eminem Show - Eminem

(7) Adrenaline Rush - Twista
vs.
(10) KKKill the Fetus - Esham

(2) Marshall Mathers LP - Eminem
vs.
(15) Death is Certain - Royce Da 5'9"

South

(1) ATLiens - Outkast
vs.
(16) 3 Years, 5 Months, and 2 Days in the Life Of... - Arrested Development

(8] Mystikal - Unpredictable
vs.
(9) Guerilla Warfare - Hot Boys

(5) In Our Lifetime Vol. 1 - 8Ball & MJG
vs.
(12) The Listening - Little Brother

(4) Soul Food - Goodie Mob
vs.
(13) When the Smoke Clears - Three Six Mafia

(6) As Nasty as they Wanna Be - 2 Live Crew
vs.
(11) TRU - Tru 2 Da Game

(3) Ridin Dirty - UGK
vs.
(14) Big Tymers - How You Love That

(7) Grip it on that Other Level - Geto Boys
vs.
(10) King - TI

(2) The Diary - Scarface
vs.
(15) Will Rap For Food - Cunninlynguists

West

(1) The Chronic - Dr. Dre
vs.
(16) In a Major Way - E-40

(8] Eazy Duz It - Eazy-E
vs.
(9) Cypress Hill - Cypress Hill

(5) Amerikkka's Most Wanted - Ice Cube
vs.
(12) Me Against the World - 2Pac

(4) Straight Outta Compton - NWA
vs.
(13) I Wish My Brother George Was Here - Del

(6) Doggystyle - Snoop Dogg
vs.
(11) Regulate...G Funk Era - Warren G

(3) Quik is the Name - DJ Quik
vs.
(14) Labcabincalifornia - The Pharcyde

(7) Dogg Food - Tha Dogg Pound
vs.
(10) 93 Til Infinity - Souls of Mischief

(2) No One Can Do It Better - The DOC
vs.
(15) Amerikkka's Nigthmare - Spice 1

Again, DONT VOTE IN THIS THREAD

These lists werent just randomly picked, i spent way too much time thinking about them and got opinions of as many other people that were in the chat at the different times so no complaining about your favorite album not being there. I tried to balance everything out by taking into account a lot of different styles so everything got covered. Originality also played a role for some albums getting in and we tried to limit the amount from the same artist.

Last edited by Slang Editorial on Thu 11 Jun 2009, 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 10:59 am

Looks good..can't wait to vote!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 12:10 pm

Yeah man great job on the selections and mixing up the styles.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 12:21 pm

I think Dre has a good shot to win the west coast bracket. LOL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 12:24 pm

Hey I helped! I think this is gonna be closer and maybe not as obvious as I thought it was gonna be.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 12:29 pm

I'm liking these match ups. Nice work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 12:29 pm

the only on i dont like is (2) Illmatic - Nas vs. (15) Livin Proof - Group Home. i already know people are going to pick illmatic in a land slide just because its illmatic even though group homes album is on of the best produced in hip hop and i have even seen dudes on this forum say that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 12:32 pm

who cares cory, this is the consensus of the forum, not just you. whoever wins it doesnt change your opinion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 12:35 pm

And besides, Cory, no matter what group home was going against it was gonna lose first round anyway, no disrespect but there's a reason it's a 16 seed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 12:38 pm

Steve wrote:
who cares cory, this is the consensus of the forum, not just you. whoever wins it doesnt change your opinion

so why do you bitch and cry all the time when your little rappers dont make the top 100. group homes album is often called one of the best produced albums in hip hop, it would get more props but it had shitty rappers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 8:06 pm

Cory, you're always whining/hatin when it comes to Nas. Go ahead with that bullshit!

If Group Home were matched against 36 Chambers or Nation of Millions you wouldn't complain even though you know they'd lose those matchups too, so just be quiet.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 8:09 pm

Sounds good. I didn't notice this thread before, but am all for more voting threads. This is my favorite portion of the forum for sure. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 8:09 pm

I like the concept of this topic.

One thing I don't agree with though, is a number 13 seed for RUN-DMC's Raising Hell. I thought they should have gotten a much higher seed than that. It's a classic album and easily one of the best of all time, so it should have gotten more love than that.

Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 8:17 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I like the concept of this topic.

One thing I don't agree with though, is a number 13 seed for RUN-DMC's Raising Hell. I thought they should have gotten a much higher seed than that. It's a classic album and easily one of the best of all time, so it should have gotten more love than that.

Just my 2 cents.

Now that you mention it, I totally agree. However, no one person who creates a topic/system like this will meet everyone's expectations, so I suppose it's cool.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 8:19 pm

And to be honest, I'm still confused by the whole NCAA tournament style voting. I think I get it.....I just don't watch sports much. I know I know...lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 8:25 pm

Alan wrote:
And to be honest, I'm still confused by the whole NCAA tournament style voting. I think I get it.....I just don't watch sports much. I know I know...lol

LOL Pounds, you summed it up in a nutshell, you don't watch sports much!

The NCAA tournament is one of the coolest sporting events IMO, because it's the ULTIMATE playoff system. Gives 64 college basketball teams a shot at the championship.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 8:28 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:

The NCAA tournament is one of the coolest sporting events IMO, because it's the ULTIMATE playoff system. Gives 64 college basketball teams a shot at the championship.

Looking at it again, and seeing how we had a voting system like this for something before back on Amazon, I'm pretty sure I get it. lol

And honestly, all I watch regularly sports-wise, is the Minnesota Vikings. And they haven't been good since 1998. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 8:43 pm

Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:

Looking at it again, and seeing how we had a voting system like this for something before back on Amazon, I'm pretty sure I get it. lol

And honestly, all I watch regularly sports-wise, is the Minnesota Vikings. And they haven't been good since 1998. lol

They were good last year even though they lost in the first round of the playoffs. Adrian Peterson is a BEAST, and if they get Favre they're easily a Super Bowl contender.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 8:49 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:

They were good last year even though they lost in the first round of the playoffs. Adrian Peterson is a BEAST, and if they get Favre they're easily a Super Bowl contender.

They'll still lose to the Falcons...again!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 8:52 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:

Adrian Peterson is a beast! And yeah, we may have a chance...lol...but I've seen them with stellar lineups over the years and they have never won a super bowl...only been to 4...most before my time. It's almost a little sad. Sad
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 8:52 pm

wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:

Damn Falcons!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 8:57 pm

There's no way that the Falcons would beat the Vikings with Brett Favre at QB after he got that shoulder surgery.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 9:04 pm

You don't know football, fool john Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 9:04 pm

<Space Muzik> wrote:

I hate to say it but, the Vikings would have won the Super Bowl that year......

Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style 050124_robinson
Rod Smith burning Eugene Robinson for an 80-yard touchdown....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 9:07 pm

One name...Elway Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 9:07 pm

Oh and another name, Orton lol!
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 9:15 pm

<Space Muzik> wrote:
One name...Elway Shaking My Head
Rod Smith should have been the MVP of that game...... 5 receptions 152 yards 1 TD....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 10:23 pm

wrote:
You don't know football, fool john Shaking My Head

You don't know SHIT, C Transvestite!

Your Falcons play little to no defense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 10:24 pm

Justice wrote:
wrote:

Yeah they probably would have. As good as the Broncos were, I don't think they would have stopped the 1-2 punch of Randy Moss and Cris Carter.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 10:28 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Justice wrote:
wrote:

Yeah they probably would have. As good as the Broncos were, I don't think they would have stopped the 1-2 punch of Randy Moss and Cris Carter.

Damn, you guys know the Vikings better than I do...lol...they were undefeated that season (or only 1 loss), until the kicker (too drunk and high too remember the name) screwed the pooch. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 10:28 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Justice wrote:
wrote:

They couldn't even beat the Falcons :finger:

Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style 313114
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 10:31 pm

wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Justice wrote:
wrote:

Man, C. Tran, I's fu** you up if I wasn't drunk and completely stoned. lol/jk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 10:33 pm

🚲
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 10:38 pm

yeah, wow, a misspelling in a drunk episode...I suppose that happens. lol

Good times though. I found out I was getting my paycheck this week, so I'm celebrating. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 11:28 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Cory, you're always whining/hatin when it comes to Nas. Go ahead with that bullshit!

If Group Home were matched against 36 Chambers or Nation of Millions you wouldn't complain even though you know they'd lose those matchups too, so just be quiet.

no actually i think group homes production could take those, its one of the best. people dick ride nas so they would never admit they think another album has better beats. so fuck you you fucking douche bag
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 1:52 am

Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Bracke13

alright heres the official bracket....voting starts tomorrow (friday)

dont pay attention to the dates on that picture
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 7:37 am

I agree with Cory that Group Home shouldn't be pinned against Illmatic in the first round. That's two top 10 albums (production wise) going at it, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 9:13 am

Nice job Slang!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 6:40 pm

Cory wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

no actually i think group homes production could take those, its one of the best. people dick ride nas so they would never admit they think another album has better beats. so fuck you you fucking douche bag

Illmatic DOES have great production, you fucking canadian cocksucker!!! You're just hatin

Group Home's album did have good production, but there's at least 3 or 4 Gangstarr albums that had better production IMO. One of those should have been put in the tourney instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 6:41 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Cory wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Illmatic DOES have great production, you fucking canadian cocksucker!!! You're just hatin

Group Home's album did have good production, but there's at least 3 or 4 Gangstarr albums that had better production IMO. One of those should have been put in the tourney instead.

your a dumb fuck for thinking that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 6:43 pm

wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Justice wrote:
wrote:

I think it was the mis-management of Dennis Green that cost the Vikings that game against the Falcons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style   Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Produced Album NCAA Tournament Style
Page 1 of 1