Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Comic Book Thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

The Comic Book Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Comic Book Thread   The Comic Book Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 11:33 am

So I'm kinda pissed that they're bringing back Steve Rogers so quickly...Bucky made a much better Captain America IMO.

Also, Dick Grayson is a fine Batman...can't he just be Batman from now on? What's more tragic then his story? Not only were his parents killed in front of him (just like Bruce's) he was training when he was just a child to be a crimefighter (when Bruce was still an opulent brat) and has been a crimefighter for almost 20 years now (in Comic Book time) AND his adoptive father who taught him everything he knows about being a crimefighter is now dead as well.

What's the point in killing these characters and give another person a shot at the mantle IF you're just going to bring the original back and cheapen the other character's legacy? (I'm looking at you, Flash...Aquaman...Green Lantern...)
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: The Comic Book Thread   The Comic Book Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 3:10 pm

I wont even front like i know whats up with the comic book world, but i will say i will definitely pick one up to read and draw inspiration from. I dig the graphic comics too...back in the days i used to read the Predator comics and trip out on the gory art...good times-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Comic Book Thread   The Comic Book Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 3:15 pm

They're coming out with a new predator coming next month, acrid.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: The Comic Book Thread   The Comic Book Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 5:14 pm

Come on, Nero don't tell me you didn't see that coming with Steve?

DEATH MEANS NOTHING!

And that's why I wasn't all weepy when Crossbones took him out. I knew he would be back. Capt. Buck would have to have a substantial readership influx for them to stick with him.

I mean it's been a minute but Kyle Rayner still Green Lantern or did they drop back to Hal Jordan? Last I heard he was calling himself Ion. Dramatic changes don't stick if they don't boost rating but especially if they lower them. The only time you will get fresh ideas that stick is if the character in question is B-Level or lower or someone new. A-Listers always go back to formula.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Comic Book Thread   The Comic Book Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 6:07 pm

i didnt see Steve coming back THIS SOON though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Comic Book Thread   The Comic Book Thread Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 12:40 am

That was my point exactly, Bucky should get a couple of years to do his thing...Steve has no business coming back 25 issues later...kinda ridiculous. I hope Dick at least gets more than 2 years as Bats to see what he can do. Just like the Flash, Wally West got like a year and now Barry Allen is back? What's the point? And they're even bringing back Kid Flash for the Legion...retarded. At least they're taking their time in building up Jean Grey's eventual and expected return.

And Rayner is just a plain ol Green Lantern now. Actually he was Parellax for like a year, too lol. And now Jordan is back to being head of the corps and Rayner is basically nobody.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Comic Book Thread   The Comic Book Thread Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 11:20 pm

finished Messiah War today it was pretty good it was enjoyable and everything but at the end of it nothing really changed lol. Bishop got away and Cable time jumped with Hope and now Bishop is gonna be lookin for him all over again lol.

anyone else read anything
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The Comic Book Thread   The Comic Book Thread Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 12:47 am

I just found all the Midnight Sons Marvel crossovers at a thrift shop. I've been reading them to a couple kids I work with.

On my own I like Preacher and Transmetropolitan. Fell is nice, too.

Damn Nation was a killer 3-piece put out a few years back, I think they're in film negotiations (wiki).

Anyone have any recs along these lines?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Comic Book Thread   The Comic Book Thread Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 1:46 am

Incognito is dope, it's a lil superhero-ey, but it's Ed Brubaker and it's got a noir edge to it, very dope stuff.

Sleeper is a dope trade if you can find it.

Powers is good IMO.

If you like Preacher you'd LOVE 100 Bullets IMO. I think that's probably your best bet if you're looking for a trade.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The Comic Book Thread   The Comic Book Thread Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 2:08 am

Thanks man. I remember you mentioning some of these before, after reading.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: The Comic Book Thread   The Comic Book Thread Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 9:42 am

Watchmen was cool before the movie came out. Check out Walking Dead comics those are cool.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: The Comic Book Thread   The Comic Book Thread Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 11:18 pm

Have yall read Wanted?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Comic Book Thread   The Comic Book Thread Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009, 12:28 am

I have read Wanted...so much better than the movie. If you've read the book before you see the movie, it completely ruins it. It's awful. And I don't even know how you'd take the comic after watching the movie. They're two totally different things, but the comic is MAD better IMO.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: The Comic Book Thread   The Comic Book Thread Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009, 7:46 pm

Yes they are completely different. I haven't played the video game but it would've been more interesting if they made it closer to the source material.

Wanted the Movie is basically loser trained to be a super assassin. The comic was so much more.

Wouldn't it be cool to see The Killer vs. Deadpool or Deathstroke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Comic Book Thread   The Comic Book Thread Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 11:48 am

Hey Slang how did Astonishing #30 end up?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Comic Book Thread   The Comic Book Thread Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 11:53 am

^ fuck i switched comic shops recently and dont have a pull box and completely forgot that even came out lol...guess thats what happens when the title comes out like once every 2 months

ill let you knew whne i get it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Comic Book Thread   The Comic Book Thread Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 12:42 pm

Simone Bianchi was taken off the title, so Joey Q said it will ship monthly starting this fall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Comic Book Thread   The Comic Book Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Comic Book Thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: