Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIP Harvey Pekar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 12:51 pm

Very, very original and creative guy...
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:01 pm

RIP to a fellow artist
Back to top Go down

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 2:01 pm

I always wanted to watch American Splendor... maybe I will now. RIP.
Back to top Go down

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 3:21 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

It's a dope move IMO, but the way it's directed might turn most people off.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 2:51 pm

M1dw35t3rn Rap Pr0 wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

It's a dope move IMO, but the way it's directed might turn most people off.

Co-sign n3r0's post.
Back to top Go down

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 3:04 pm

RIP.
Back to top Go down

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 3:55 pm

The hipster would be up on that type of film.
Back to top Go down

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 4:43 pm

Who is he?
Back to top Go down

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 4:46 pm

Never mind just read some stuff on Wiki. RIP. This world needs more creative minds that get some shine.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 11:58 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

It's not really a "hipster" film, besides the way that the story is presented in a pseudo-documentary/memoir kinda thing...............tell me, what films are "hipster" to you...
Back to top Go down

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 12:03 am

halfsharkalligatorhalfman wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

It's not really a "hipster" film, besides the way that the story is presented in a pseudo-documentary/memoir kinda thing...............tell me, what films are "hipster" to you...

List the movies you've watched since you started college and those will be on my list.

I mean, I get your point, you're not a hipster - yet - you're still in school so you're going through the hipster training right now. The art films and indies and out there movies.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 12:07 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
halfsharkalligatorhalfman wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

List the movies you've watched since you started college and those will be on my list.

I mean, I get your point, you're not a hipster - yet - you're still in school so you're going through the hipster training right now. The art films and indies and out there movies.

I get your point as well, but when it comes down to what I feel are personal classics none of those kind of films would be on my list.

I could be a hipster in denial...I really hope not...I really can't stand the type of people typically associated with hipster music, movies, etc
Back to top Go down

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 12:15 am

I hope not as well.. but you make it hard my man... eraserhead as your lastfm avatar... boards of canada, blue scholars, and random japanese hip-hop? It's cool, it could all be by chance, but I'm just saying all the hipsters I've known are into the pseudo indie/unknown but wildly popular music and movies.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 12:21 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I hope not as well.. but you make it hard my man... eraserhead as your lastfm avatar... boards of canada, blue scholars, and random japanese hip-hop? It's cool, it could all be by chance, but I'm just saying all the hipsters I've known are into the pseudo indie/unknown but wildly popular music and movies.

Yeah the suspicion is understandable. I basically like most of that stuff because I get bored pretty quickly with whats on the radio and the stuff that is widely regarded as classic, so although sometimes I might be listening to some people just fucking around with noises it holds my attention longer than say, Creed or Lady Gaga.

And most of the people I consider to be hipsters listen to really tame indie rock bands, although they might just be the first level haha
Back to top Go down

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 12:24 am

Yeah, I mean it could be you are a true hipster... like the people all these fake douchey hipsters strive to be. I find most hipsters are just into the fad, what seems cool, what seems hip, what seems different. They just scratch the surface with the the tame indie shit. Coincidentally I also find their movie choices mimic those of the gay community. But if you dress like one too then you are probably going to get confused with a hipster more often than not... could be a good thing though...
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 12:27 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Yeah, I mean it could be you are a true hipster... like the people all these fake douchey hipsters strive to be. I find most hipsters are just into the fad, what seems cool, what seems hip, what seems different. They just scratch the surface with the the tame indie shit. Coincidentally I also find their movie choices mimic those of the gay community. But if you dress like one too then you are probably going to get confused with a hipster more often than not... could be a good thing though...

Not sure how that would be a good thing, but ok
Back to top Go down

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 12:29 am

you'd get hipster pussy...
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 12:33 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
you'd get hipster pussy...

True, but those chicks seem like you need to put a bit more effort in than just the tight clothes look
Back to top Go down

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 12:35 am

You really think those hipster douches put in any effort? "oh baby, it's like johnny cash speaks to my soul, let's fuck"
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 12:37 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
You really think those hipster douches put in any effort? "oh baby, it's like johnny cash speaks to my soul, let's fuck"

Damn it might just be that easy...time for some undercover operations
Back to top Go down

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 12:38 am

you should try...
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 12:38 am

yeah...
Back to top Go down

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 12:40 am

become the king of hipsters... get that phrase on a belt buckle
Back to top Go down

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 12:45 am

I found some helpful illustrations:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also, all washes do not take care of feminine odor, only Vagisil does. Apparently they expect women to watch a show about female prisoners.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 2:22 am

"but you make it hard my man... "

Pause
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RIP Harvey Pekar Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Harvey Pekar   RIP Harvey Pekar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIP Harvey Pekar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: