Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely

Go down 
+6
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
TheHazardous
Jason
parker lewis
J. Harris
Norfeest
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Empty
PostSubject: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 1:10 pm

I feel bad for Lupe, but I gotta laugh at KJ

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 3:09 pm

Yeah I heard of this situation on xxl. The record industry is such a big ass joke now that I don't see the point of really being on a major label. And Lupe should stop trippin' and just go str8 independent and release his ish when and how he wants.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 3:24 pm

I feel bad for Lupe also.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 5:15 pm

His 15 minutes been up a long time ago...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 11:23 pm

Aang wrote:
His 15 minutes been up a long time ago...

I was going to type that as well. Lol! He built up a buzz for awhile, and just like that, he presence dwindled. The dude is skilled, but he should've went independent a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 12:17 am

Feel bad for Lupe? His success to talent ratio is well out of proportion. He's done well for himself.
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 12:30 am

Lupe's one of the more talented rappers to come out in the last decade, but that doesn't mean much to commercial success. "Superstar" will probably remain his biggest single, it doesn't seem like Atlantic is really content just have an acclaimed, mid-level success on their hands though. If they're waiting for a big single to push sales, this album will probably stay shelved for a while.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 12:35 am

Jason wrote:
Lupe's one of the more talented rappers to come out in the last decade...

Really? Is a bowl of corn flakes your favorite fucking food?
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 12:39 am

I know people here aren't big on Lupe for whatever reason, but yes, he'd be on a short list for the best rappers to emerge in the last decade IMO.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 12:48 am

They should have him shot full of big ass bullet holes, then release it. I promise now I'll buy it if they do...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 8:58 am

Lupe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Apathy, RA, and JLive.

Real fucking easily.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 11:31 am

lol

I've seen hints of how dumb you are around here. Go ahead and join up with the idiot clique. Might as well make it official. Be careful with these discussions, dummy. It can get a bit trickier than making lists..
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 10:15 pm

Well I hope to hear it if and when it drops.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 11:24 pm

I don't know about over J-Live Kev. J-Live would rap circles around that dude lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 11:39 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Lupe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Apathy, RA, and JLive.

Real fucking easily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 11:41 pm

Jason wrote:
I know people here aren't big on Lupe for whatever reason, but yes, he'd be on a short list for the best rappers to emerge in the last decade IMO.

I don't agree with Jason that often, but I definitely co-sign him on this statement. I don't care what this forum thinks, Lupe is dope to me and he's easily one of the best MC's of this decade.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 11:42 pm

I'm a big time Lupe fan, but if we talking about lyrically, those three would murk Lupe. Lupe makes better songs, but that's about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 11:47 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Jason wrote:

I don't agree with Jason that often, but I definitely co-sign him on this statement. I don't care what this forum thinks, Lupe is dope to me and he's easily one of the best MC's of this decade.

You would agree with Satan if he was co-signing Lupe FUCKING Fiasco.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 11:50 pm

Nemo Nobody wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Jason wrote:

You would agree with Satan if he was co-signing Lupe FUCKING Fiasco.

You'd agree with Satan if he were co-signing Gaystak
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 11:56 pm

No, I wouldn't, because I can't talk to imaginary creatures.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 12:01 am

His first 2 albums were cool but I don't think anyone is going to lose sleep over this news.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 12:05 am

Victor Shade wrote:
I'm a big time Lupe fan, but if we talking about lyrically, those three would murk Lupe. Lupe makes better songs, but that's about it.

People have different standards of lyricism. It seems to me that the view on this forum leans more toward multis and punchlines, which I will agree aren't what Lupe is about, while someone like Apathy is known for that. Lupe's lyricism is about conceptual creativity, efficiency and cohesiveness, he paints a concept without waste, he follows ideas, metaphors, wordplay throughout a song without detour or filler, on a level that is pretty rare in rap.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 12:16 am

Good post, Jason. Now that's how you defend an artist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 12:19 am

Victor Shade wrote:
Good post, Jason. Now that's how you defend an artist.

You just disagreed with him, then agreed with him.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 12:23 am

Nah, if you read his post, he said "People have different standards of lyricism. It seems to me that the view on this forum leans more toward multis and punchlines...". When I said he's more lyrical, I was leaning more towards multis and punchlines. He went on to define his definition, which makes sense. Keep up Jeffery.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 12:34 am

You said: "He's not lyrically fucking with them"

He said: "IMO, he's more lyrical than them."

You said: "I agree"

I'm paraphrasing, but you go ahead and do you.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 12:38 am

Read what he said man. READ IT. He counter with a good post, just read his damn post. Don't become KJ now man. Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 12:39 am

And tell me where the hell I said I agreed with him? Please tell me...

All I said was good post. Now that's how you defend an artist. Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 12:46 am

Jason, you are also, clearly, unfamiliar with J-Live and Slaine's catalogs if you feel all they have to offer is punchlines. It's just not true, so don't be an idiot like some. As for R.A., very, very few match his raw verbal talent. It's also true.

I'm not saying Lupe is without merits. I've said before, I wanted to like him for what he represents and his conceptual creativity. His use of the language is just boring to me. Bland.

Are you intelligent enough to realize this is not an attack against your person?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 12:48 am

Parker, Jason, peep the movie Mr. Nobody. You're both intelligent enough to "get it", and I think you'd both like it.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 1:48 am

I will watch it. Give me a couple days.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 1:53 am

You have to watch Kill And Kill Again...don't be a bitch
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 7:52 am

Kid Joe wrote:
Jason, you are also, clearly, unfamiliar with J-Live and Slaine's catalogs if you feel all they have to offer is punchlines. It's just not true, so don't be an idiot like some. As for R.A., very, very few match his raw verbal talent. It's also true.

I'm not saying Lupe is without merits. I've said before, I wanted to like him for what he represents and his conceptual creativity. His use of the language is just boring to me. Bland.

Are you intelligent enough to realize this is not an attack against your person?

I don't remember Slaine even being mentioned. As for J-Live, I am familiar with his catalog, I just didn't really direct my comment to the mentioned of him individually. I find J-Live's lyrical style more similar to Lupe's than RA or Apathy, but without Lupe conceptual creativity.

And if you want to talk boring, J-Live's incessant rapping about rapping gets boring as hell to me.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 9:26 am

Kid Joe wrote:
They should have him shot full of big ass bullet holes, then release it. I promise now I'll buy it if they do...

??????????

yo, this dude should be locked up man for real....fuckin sick serial pedophile "killer"...and to think that he actually thought this comment was "funny" affraid affraid

this lil boy is SICK....I should've given him up for adoption a long time ago!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 9:41 am

Kid Joe wrote:
You have to watch Kill And Kill Again...don't be a bitch

please go and commit yourself man...your sick...like John Wayne Gacy sick.....like Ted Bundy sick.....like John Hinckley Jr sick....like Travis Bickle sick

here's some advice for you man...the first thing I want you to do is call a chatline...any type of social chat line with members of the opposite sex involved...then I want you to talk to some of the women on there....I want you to arrange a date (in a public place of course), and then I want you to attend that date and be on your best behavior throughout the course of that date...meaning open the door for her....pay for her meal...actually listen to her when she's talking about herself even if you don't really care....try to tell some jokes and be humorous for once (I know this is going to be the hardest part for you) and laugh softly at a few of her jokes....if you do all of these things there is a 95% chance you will be getting laid that night WOO HOO!! Boob!!!! .....she will be pulling those backed up nuts out of your pitiful self and she may even want to stick around when she's done with you...let's hope she does....then let us all know how you feel when this is all done....we are all concerned man...make this happen not only for yourself but for us on the forum as well...U can do it joseph parker wayne gacy bundy lewis...we're pulling for you man! :pale:

Last edited by D.Powell on Sat 24 Jul 2010, 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 1:30 pm

You don't want Jeff to watch Kill And Kill Again?

And, hell yes, I think that shit about Lupe is funny. Why are you so worried about my sense of humor?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 3:58 pm

Wow, check this out y'all.

Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 7:21 pm

Twitter, Myspace, Facebook, whatever happened to keeping shit in house. Well that's sad to hear. I suspected it might be something like that.

I still hope it drops though.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 7:30 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
Twitter, Myspace, Facebook, whatever happened to keeping shit in house. Well that's sad to hear. I suspected it might be something like that.

I still hope it drops though.

It's not really in house, since Prolyfic is decidedly on the outside looking in when it comes to Lupe, hence "former producer," and perhaps the reason for this pretty obsessive Twitter rant.

Not that's he's wrong about everything, but he's clearly bitter also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 7:33 pm

I saw that, didn't really have the patience to sort through all that... did any of it seem like something someone with true insight on Lupe would say?

I heard Lupe's "I'm Beaming" and I liked it... nowhere near as dope as superstar, but it sure felt like an attempt at a single.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 7:50 pm

Lupe's album will drop, if not on Atlantic then another label.

The label and his producer both sound like bitches. Record labels don't decide hits, the fans do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 8:05 pm

Well, Lupe released a single and the fans decided it wasn't a hit. That my friend, is a fact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 8:19 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Well, Lupe released a single and the fans decided it wasn't a hit. That my friend, is a fact.

That's one damn song though. That producer based the entire fate of the album off one song. That's BS. If I were Lupe, I'd ask for my release from the label and just go independent and put the album out.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010, 11:35 pm

Kid Joe wrote:

That's my position on the whole Lupe thing. People complain about rapping about rap (if you love rapping that much, what else would you pssibly rap about? And when was the last time you bought an album FULL of rapping about rap? Stop it...) or being lyrical, etc... Dude is just talking over a drum beat. I can do what Lupe does. He needs the multis...he needs the tricks and flare because he's bland as fuck without them. The production carries 90% of his albums, IMO. He's not being shelved because labels think it's fun to do. They know that which his fans willfully ignore...

Also, the dick beaters that overhype him detract from the experience of people that take these people at their word. I like his albums, but let's be real, no one will ever confuse him with Slick Rick, Scarface, or even Money B. That factors pretty heavy when you listen to him for the first time. I expected Shad over Premo production to the 9th power.....and got a so-so rapper with an ear for beats that swallow him whole. I can get that from Rick Ross too.

Let's be more measured with the praise. That's why folks had a field day with KJ back in the day. It's not so much that folks dislike Lupe, but moreso the fact that dude simply ain't living up to the praise that people are forcing onto him by the boat load. Stop acting like you haven't heard anything like him before. You have.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 2:00 am

Norf, I've been trying to say that for 6 months. Could never put it in words, though
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 7:45 am

Indeed Norf, Indeed
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 8:04 am

I think some people have a problem dealing with the idea that two people can listen to the same thing and legitimately hear very different things. That someone then gives voices to that opinion doesn't mean they need to be corrected, insulted, or told to hold back what they actually think.

For example, I think Shad is average as shit, but I'm not upset that Alan thinks he's great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 11:46 am

I know Nor gets on here and talks that talk about Lupe when Shad is one of the most boring predictable emcees ever. I mean nothing is special about the dude on the mic and Lupe would eat him alive on the mic. So it goes both ways on that issue. If Shad was more major and people started over hyping him or more so stressing there deep connection with him the naysayers will show up. It just works like that.

Now let me say this I do get the other side of the coin also. Lupe is not the 2nd coming of Nas or Cube or some shit like that. And the fact that the lyrical comp level mainstream wise is so so low he stands out more. So I can see how some listeners who are more in tune with the underground than mainstream would hear Lupe and say well whats so special about him. So I get it. But at the sametime skills is skills and Lupe has it. And some people really like him like me and thats cool right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 11:59 am

It's cool, but if we're just going to post thoughts and never challenge or critique each other then this whole thing is pretty pointless.

There's a thin line between productive discussion and stubborn argument. I do think the line gets crossed sometimes, mostly by me, but I think for the most part people on this forum are capable of productive discussion. The key is not to let certain words or phrases throw you for a loop and perceive animosity when none is there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 8:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely   Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lupe's LASERS Shelved Indefinitely
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next