Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dj Mugg's top 5 Hip-Hop albums Of All-Time

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Dj Mugg's top 5 Hip-Hop albums Of All-Time   Mon 02 Aug 2010, 10:41 am

DOPE!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: Dj Mugg's top 5 Hip-Hop albums Of All-Time   Mon 02 Aug 2010, 10:45 am

Would someone mind listing his top 5 albums for me? I can't view the video right now.

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: Dj Mugg's top 5 Hip-Hop albums Of All-Time   Mon 02 Aug 2010, 10:46 am

Good interview. Nice to see some Critical Beatdown love.

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: Dj Mugg's top 5 Hip-Hop albums Of All-Time   Mon 02 Aug 2010, 10:47 am

T. Myers wrote:
Would someone mind listing his top 5 albums for me? I can't view the video right now.

It Takes A Nation
Raising Hell
Critical Beatdown
Criminal Minded
Strictly Business

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: Dj Mugg's top 5 Hip-Hop albums Of All-Time   Mon 02 Aug 2010, 10:51 am

halfsharkalligatorhalfman wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

It Takes A Nation
Raising Hell
Critical Beatdown
Criminal Minded
Strictly Business

Thanks!!

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dj Mugg's top 5 Hip-Hop albums Of All-Time   Mon 02 Aug 2010, 11:39 am

That's kind of weird, because I could only really hear Critical Beatdown and Criminal Minded in his production techniques. But, cool list though. I guess.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: Dj Mugg's top 5 Hip-Hop albums Of All-Time   Mon 02 Aug 2010, 11:41 am

Nemo Nobody wrote:
That's kind of weird, because I could only really hear Critical Beatdown and Criminal Minded in his production techniques. But, cool list though. I guess.

The only album that surprised me was Raising Hell, I feel like he would have reached for Run-DMC or Kings of Rock first.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dj Mugg's top 5 Hip-Hop albums Of All-Time   Mon 02 Aug 2010, 11:46 am

Nemo Nobody wrote:

The only album that surprised me was Raising Hell, I feel like he would have reached for Run-DMC or Kings of Rock first.

Raising Hell was a huge turning point in hip-hop history, after that album Hip-Hop officially became a mainstream genre so I could see why it's on there.

I'm surprised he picked all 80's albums, nevertheless it's a great list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dj Mugg's top 5 Hip-Hop albums Of All-Time   Mon 02 Aug 2010, 11:47 am

Boring predictable list
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dj Mugg's top 5 Hip-Hop albums Of All-Time   Mon 02 Aug 2010, 11:49 am

Steve wrote:
Boring predictable list

All those albums are slam dunk classics so I can't see how it'd be boring. Also, how is it predictable? I fully expected him to list Straight Outta Compton and The Chronic. I was shocked that he chose Critical Beatdown.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dj Mugg's top 5 Hip-Hop albums Of All-Time   Mon 02 Aug 2010, 11:51 am

Oh they definitely are - I just expected much more diversity from him is all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dj Mugg's top 5 Hip-Hop albums Of All-Time   Mon 02 Aug 2010, 11:56 am

Steve wrote:
Oh they definitely are - I just expected much more diversity from him is all.

Well the Critical Beatdown pick definitely shocked me. It's a great album but not in that many people's Top 5.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: Dj Mugg's top 5 Hip-Hop albums Of All-Time   Mon 02 Aug 2010, 12:14 pm

Steve wrote:
Boring predictable list

LOL

there's no 2Pac contained on that list and Steve is PISSED...Smile

calm down my dude it's still all good even if it doesn't have Steve's approval, I mean who's the hip-hop expert here Steve or Muggs???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dj Mugg's top 5 Hip-Hop albums Of All-Time   Mon 02 Aug 2010, 12:23 pm

I think its dope he listened to that stuff, yet his style was so fresh and new and doper, so you know he didn't just copy the shit he listened to.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: Dj Mugg's top 5 Hip-Hop albums Of All-Time   Mon 02 Aug 2010, 12:31 pm

Umm Pedro his style IMO was not fresher or doper than those albums man..kill that noise...and no where did he say that he was influenced by any of those albums he mentioned...he just said those were his top 5 albums of all-time...those where the joints he thought was the dopest and for that he gets 5 co-signs from me...no Nickatina appears on said list either Smile big ups to Dj Muggs baby bubba

Last edited by D.Powell on Mon 02 Aug 2010, 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dj Mugg's top 5 Hip-Hop albums Of All-Time   Mon 02 Aug 2010, 1:29 pm

T. Myers wrote:

It Takes A Nation
Raising Hell
Critical Beatdown
Criminal Minded
Strictly Business

Not a bad list at all. Five classics from the 80s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dj Mugg's top 5 Hip-Hop albums Of All-Time   

Back to top Go down

Dj Mugg's top 5 Hip-Hop albums Of All-Time
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1