Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Are Onyx - All We Got Iz Us and Big Tymers - I Got That Work the most underrated?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Are Onyx - All We Got Iz Us and Big Tymers - I Got That Work the most underrated?   Wed 04 Aug 2010, 2:16 am

For East and South, respectively? Discuss.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?

PostSubject: Re: Are Onyx - All We Got Iz Us and Big Tymers - I Got That Work the most underrated?   Wed 04 Aug 2010, 7:17 am

I think they are probably underrated. The Onyx gets plenty of love when someone mentions it, but it doesn't get mentioned alot. The Big Tymers album is very strong IMO. I don't have alot of love for Cash Money but they have 3-4 albums that i do like and this is one of them.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: Are Onyx - All We Got Iz Us and Big Tymers - I Got That Work the most underrated?   Wed 04 Aug 2010, 7:48 am

Most underrated would depend on how much or how little you like the album. I love both albums, and i suppose a case could be made for either of them.

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are Onyx - All We Got Iz Us and Big Tymers - I Got That Work the most underrated?   Wed 04 Aug 2010, 8:24 am

Well, Onyx's All We Got Iz Us was underrated in 95 when it came out and it's still underrated today, basically the most underrated album in their discog. And Big Tymers, I heard I Got That Work album one time and to say that I'm not a fan would be an understatement, so I have no further comments on that album, respectively.
Back to top Go down
boet
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts

PostSubject: Re: Are Onyx - All We Got Iz Us and Big Tymers - I Got That Work the most underrated?   Wed 04 Aug 2010, 8:38 am

an unrelated related point, I believe last emperors palace of the pretender is too a highly underrated classic, I've never heard that onyx album myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are Onyx - All We Got Iz Us and Big Tymers - I Got That Work the most underrated?   Wed 04 Aug 2010, 2:20 pm

The Big Tymers album is OVERRATED in my opinion. The production was dope, but the lyrics were trash. I agree with Wayne's assessment.

I'd say the Onyx album is rated right where it should be. The consensus is 4.5 stars, while I can see it viewed as a classic it's not one of the all time greatest albums IMO.

I'd say the most underrated albums for each region would be AZ's Doe or Die for the East and Nappy Roots' Wooden Leather for the South.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are Onyx - All We Got Iz Us and Big Tymers - I Got That Work the most underrated?   Wed 04 Aug 2010, 2:22 pm

The lyrics were not trash. Just because they are more abrasive and brash doesn't mean they are trash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are Onyx - All We Got Iz Us and Big Tymers - I Got That Work the most underrated?   Wed 04 Aug 2010, 2:25 pm

Steve wrote:
The lyrics were not trash. Just because they are more abrasive and brash doesn't mean they are trash.

Co-sign, actually. I don't think the lyrics are great or anything, but they're mostly unoffensive. Their FLOWS on the other hand, are garbage. KJ just wants to diss some more shit he's never heard before.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan

PostSubject: Re: Are Onyx - All We Got Iz Us and Big Tymers - I Got That Work the most underrated?   Fri 06 Aug 2010, 12:09 pm

I haven't heard that Onyx, smh, I'm slackin. That Big Tymers was huge around my way (Palm Bay, FL) when it first dropped so I can't call it underrated. My personal fav from the BT's, though, is How U Luv That. Ballin feat Bun B is my joint! And you can't really talk about lyricism when you talk about Big Tymers. Their shit was more just party and bullshit music, which, in that sense, was doing it's job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are Onyx - All We Got Iz Us and Big Tymers - I Got That Work the most underrated?   Fri 06 Aug 2010, 12:22 pm

Cornholio wrote:
Steve wrote:

Co-sign, actually. I don't think the lyrics are great or anything, but they're mostly unoffensive. Their FLOWS on the other hand, are garbage. KJ just wants to diss some more shit he's never heard before.

I bought that Big Tymers album and didn't like it. Mannie Fresh is a good producer but he's not a good rapper at all IMO, nor is Wayne's daddy Birdman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are Onyx - All We Got Iz Us and Big Tymers - I Got That Work the most underrated?   Fri 06 Aug 2010, 12:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan

PostSubject: Re: Are Onyx - All We Got Iz Us and Big Tymers - I Got That Work the most underrated?   Fri 06 Aug 2010, 1:56 pm

The song "Big Tymers" had the dopest beat on there, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Onyx - All We Got Iz Us and Big Tymers - I Got That Work the most underrated?   

Back to top Go down

Are Onyx - All We Got Iz Us and Big Tymers - I Got That Work the most underrated?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1